Deserted Island

Hi Students!

You get to take one book that you have read, one food item, and one famous person (living or dead) to a deserted island. What and whom do you take? Explain why for each fully.

Remember that the important words in a book title are capitalized.

Be sure to have a creative opening sentence!

1. If I were stuck on a deserted island lonely and cold the book I would bring is Elvis and the Underdogs. I would bring this because it was a great, sad and crazy book. It was about a dog that was almost like a human. I think it would help me pass time. One famous person I would take so I wouldn’t be lonely is Serena Williams. We could figure out how to make a tennis court, racquets, and a ball. One food I would definitely take meat lovers Torti Pizza. It’s the best pizza there is. My dad and I both love it. Or fried grouper. That would be a time where I would think on what I’ve done and try to call for help.

2. If I was stranded on a deserted island for food I would bring pasta, for a famous person I would bring Dwayne Johnson, and for a book I would bring Magnus Chase. Why I would bring pasta is because I like it and because it is healthier rather than some foods. Why I would bring Dwayne Johnson because he is strong. Why I would bring the book Magnus Chase is because I would keep reading it, so I don’t forget English and how to read.

3. These are the things that I would want to take if I were stranded on a island. If I were to take take one book, I would take the dictionary book. I would take that book because I might forget words so that would help me not forget English. I would bring a big turkey. I would bring a turkey to eat it then I would use the bones as tools to help me live and survive. I would choose Tom Brady as my person because if he went missing everyone would be trying to find him. He would make it easier to get found. Also he would help survive because he is a strong football player who could carry stuff.

4. If I were to get stuck on a deserted island, the book I would bring is, “The Boy Scout handbook.” I would bring that book because it shows you how to survive in the wild, and shows you tips and tricks to light fires, cook food, and make a house. One food item I would bring is…..Bread! I would bring bread because it’s a good source of carbs which sometimes will keep you full. It will last you a long time to eat, but will get moldy if you don’t eat it! A famous person I would bring is…….ME! Just kidding, I would bring Dwane “the Rock” Johnson. I would bring him because he’s VERY strong, he can probably knock down a tree so I can have a coconut to eat and drink, and if I escaped from the island since he’d be my friend, so…..I WOULD BE FAMOUS!!!! I’d also bring him so he can fish- for fish for me.

5. Lets just say I was stranded on an island. I would need something to read. I’d take Magnus Chase. It’s a entertaining book by Rick Rioridan and it’s long so I wouldn’t be bored. For food, I’d take a loaf of bread. It has carbs which makes fat so at least I’d be nourished. Plus if I were building a shelter and climbing trees to get fruit, I’d need carbs for energy. If there was any famous person I could take with me, it’d be John Cena. He’s strong and could make shelters, climb trees, and carry heavy things.

6. If I was deserted on an island and I could bring a book, one food item, and one famous person, I would bring Geronimo Stilton: The Amazing Voyage, Feta Cheese, and Rachel Ray. I would bring Geronimo Stilton: The Amazing Voyage to the deserted island because that was my favorite book when I was younger and I read it about 5 or 6 times. I liked it because it was silly and the way Geronimo Stilton writes with the different fonts was very cool. I would bring Feta Cheese to the deserted island because I could eat like 5 packs of Feta Cheese. I love it even though it is not really good to eat a lot of cheese. Honestly, I would bring Feta Cheese wherever I go and put it on my food if my parents would let me. I would bring Rachel Ray to the deserted island because she has the same birthday as me so we could celebrate together. I would also choose to bring her because if we catch food then she could make it delicious and hopefully edible.

7. If I was stuck on an island. I would take Hunger Games: Catching Fire with me. I would take it because if the island had salt water I could get the water from the trees. That would be useful. I could also fight off any aggressive predators and cook them to eat. Unless there are bushes with healthy fruits. But then my diet would be unbalanced. That book is a good survival essential.
    I would take apples with me because the seeds can grow into a tree so I wouldn’t run out of food. I could use the tree’s branches to make fires and weapons. I could chop the tree down and make a boat to get off the island. The trouble would be all over.
    Jennifer Lawerence to the island because she would know what to do with the situation. Find a stone. Make a fire to cook and defend yourself. Coconuts too high to get? Throw something. She is a survival genius.

8. If I was to take one book with me on a deserted island it would be My Diary From the Edge of the World. I would choose this book because it’s not like any other book I have read. The story is formatted as if it was a diary and not a past tense regular book. At the end of the book it made me cry. That was the first time I ever cried about the end of a book. I could read that book over and over again and each time I would see the book with different eyes. A food item
    I would take would be salad. This sounds really boring but salads have everything you need to survive. The famous person I would bring would be Chris Hemsworth. I would chose him because he is strong and knows how to survive. Also because he is my favorite superhero in the movies and it would be a dream come true to meet him. I’m a huge fan girl of him if you haven’t guessed yet. Those are the things I would take to a deserted island.

9. If I had to be sent to a deserted island and I could only bring one book, one food, and one famous person, I’d have a hard time choosing, but I have a general idea. The food I would choose to bring, would be sushi. As long as the roll has salmon in it, I’ll be fine. The person I would choose to bring with me (and share my sushi with) would be J.K. Rowling. That way, with only one book, it would be less boring because we could tell each other stories and make up cool stories about magic. Also, she could probably be able to help with survival. I mean, you’ve got to be pretty creative to think up Harry Potter of all things. Now speaking of authors, I haven’t said which book I would bring. Although I could probably spend hours choosing which book, it would have to be The Phantom Tollbooth. I’ve read that book about a million times, and its so mysterious and creative, I cannot believe someone could’ve actually thought up the idea for it. So that is what I would bring to a deserted island.

10. If I were stranded on a deserted island, the book I’d bring would be, “The Giving Tree,” because it is one of my favorite books of all time. I may get hungry when I’m reading, so I would bring a box of granola cereal. The granola cereal is very nutritious and has lots of protein even though it is a cereal. I have one of my favorite books and a very nutritious cereal, but I might get tired of these items. So, I would bring a famous person. My famous person would be Martin Luther King Jr. I would bring him because he is a very wise man, and I bet he has a lot of great stories to tell.

11. If I were on a deserted island and got to only bring one book I would bring NARNIA because it’s very adventurous and funny. If I get to bring one food item it would be the family size cinnamon toast crunch cereal. If I could bring a famous person it would be Odell Beckham Jr. Because he is good at a lot of things. That’s what I would bring with me on a deserted island with me.

12. If I were on a deserted island I would bring the food item watermelon. I would be bringing watermelon because we need water to survive and it puts food in your body. The book I would bring is magnus chase 2. Because it would take me a long time to read it and it is adventuress. The superstar/ original G.O.A.T Tom Brady. Because He plays for the patriots and I love the patriots and I would ask him a lot of questions about his games.

13. I would take a Tale Dark and Grimm by Rick Ridorian because I’m currently reading it and it seems pretty interesting so far. I would take a lobster because they’re delicious and it would fit the theme of a deserted island. Finally I would take Steve Irwin because he could probably help me survive longer than I ever could with anyone else.

14. If I got stuck on a deserted island then I would bring the book “The Lady With The Alligator Purse.” I would bring that book because when I was really small and I was around 3 I loved that book. I would also take “The Lady With The Alligator Purse.” Almost wherever I went. For my food item I would bring a potato because potatoes can reproduce really fast so I could have a stable food supply while I look for something that could help me live until someone found me. One famous person that I would bring would be Gordon Ramses because he can make food so I wouldn’t get food poisoning. Also he could tell me what plant to pick out of the island.

15. If I was on a deserted island and could only take one book, I would take the book “ Out of My Mind”. I would bring this book because it is very interesting and long enough to not get bored on an island. If I could take any food, I would take Cereal because it is filling. If i could take any famous person, I would take Ice T because he was in the army.

16. I’m stuck on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere with nothing but one book I have read, one food item, and one famous person. I would chose the book “Beyond the Bright Sea” because its one of my favorite books and it is about a girl who washed up on a island and lives there. If I were to bring one food item I would bring a mango because they taste good and you could plant the seed inside it. If I were to bring a famous I would bring the president so everybody comes looking for him and can save us.

17. If I was stranded on a deserted island. And I brought any person along they would Dwayne Johnson, because if I needed wood or stone. He could topple a tree over, and pick up large stones. If I brought a book along to an island that I have already read it would be the Hatchet, because it has some valuable information on survival. And if I could take any food I want it would be a frozen Tuna so I could use the ice it is frozen in for water, and use the meat for food, and bait for a trap I could set.

18. If I were to be stranded on a desert island the book I would want to bring is Dolphin island. I would choose this because it was based on a true story. It is about a girl who gets stranded on a island, and how she survives. I would want use this to help me make it through the island using its survival tips. The food I wood bring to the island is Jackfruit because it grows in tropical places, and grows to massive sizes. Finally the last reason I would bring it is it’s loaded with nutrients. The person I would bring is George Washington because he was our president, and I would want to meet him. Also because they had to have a lot more survival skills. The last reason is a little funny, but I would meet him just meet him so I could say I know someone famous.

19. If I were traveling ti a distorted island, I would take a book, food, and a famous person. For the book I would probably take the book Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer. For me that book would give me hope that I could make it our alive. To me the food would be hard to choose because I like different types of food. But if I had to choose I would pick Raspberries. The reason I would take Raspberries would be because they prevent skin cancer. Now for the famous person I would take Les Stroud. The reason I would would pick him would be because he has a wilderness show. He could tell me survive on the island.

20. If I were stranded on a deserted island I would bring a watermelon. While I’m eating it I would save the seeds then after I could plant the seeds and make more watermelons. They also have a lot of clean water in them. The person I would bring with me is Dwayne Johnson. One because I wouldn’t be as worried about big animals trying to eat me. With would also help me sleep a little bit better at night. For the book I would bring The Lost Hero. It’s a big enough book that I could start a fire like, fifty times before running out of paper

21. If I was on a deserted island, I would bring the book The Hatchet. I would bring this book because is has some survival skills. This book tells you how to avoid bugs and how to make a fire. I would also bring this book because it is very entertaining to read. The book is about a boy who survives an island with only a hatchet. The food item that I would bring would be a potato. I would bring this food because a potato grows in almost every environment. They also grow very fast. Potatoes have some nutrients as well. I would bring Gordon Ramsay as my famous person. Gordon Ramsay is a master Chef. He makes some of the best food in the world. He would boil the potato and make the potato taste amazing. He would also find ways to make purified water so we could drink. Gordon would also teach me how to cook like he does.

22. If I was stuck on a deserted island, I’d bring seeds for my food. You could grow more and more so you have unlimited food. Plus fruits and vegetables have water inside of them. I’d also bring a survival book so I’d know what to do. I’d also bring the only celebrity that can survive the wilderness, the youtuber “Coyote Peterson”. All of these things would give me the best chance of survival.

23. If I would be going and living on this deserted island I would take the book the Last book of Harry Potter Deathly Hollows. The one food item I would bring a bowl of salad, the reason I would bring the book is because It’s my favorite book series and that’s my part of the story in the series. Also the reason I would bring the salad is because its a healthy food and you last a while with it. But one famous person I would bring would be John F. Kennedy, the reason why is because he’s always inspired me to things and don’t give up, because she didn’t give up on anything he did. Those were the things and person I would bring to a deserted island if I ever was stranded.

24. If I were to go to a deserted island, I would bring the book Wonder. I would bring Wonder because it’s a comforting book. I would forget I were on an island and just read. A food item I would bring would be a huge box of blackberries. Blackberries are the only fruit I actually like. Plus, a box of blackberries would last a decent amount of time. If I were to bring a famous person with me, I would bring Jeremy Collins. He won Survivor so he would come in handy. He could help me survive while I swim in the ocean.

25. If I were able to go to a deserted island and could only bring one book,
    one famous person, and a food. For my book I would bring Big Nate because
    when I was little I thought they were hilarious. For my person I would bring
    The Rock because he would be able to lift up heavy things and would be really
    handy. For my food I would bring a box of raspberry’s because they are delicious to me and are
    sweet.

26. If I were to be stuck on an island I would definitely bring my favorite book called The Truth about Twinkie Pie. Bringing this book would just make me happy the story line is so good and at every other page there is always a surprise for me to read. Going along with the book I’d love to bring a real Twinkie pie because I feel it will take my mind of being stuck on an island and help me mentally be back home. It’s also super delicious! Deciding between a famous person is hard but one person that I feel will help the most would be the one the only Abraham Lincoln. The reason I would bring him is because while I’m eating my pie I could learn about how he played his part in ending slavery and hear his story. Being stuck on an island with those things and people will make it joyful, for a while. But I would never want to be stuck on island.

27. If I was to be exiled to a deserted island I would need provisions, so I would bring a kale salmon sushi roll with me because you can survive on salmon and kale for a long time. I would bring Bear Grylls along with me. That way, I could learn tons of new survival tips and get off of that island. Speaking of deserted islands, I have not told you my book! I would bring along the book The Raft. It is about a girl and a pilot who get stranded on a raft. Eventually they find an island, but the girl threw the pilot off to loose weight to get away from sharks and he died. But the girl started hallucinating and hearing the man’s voice telling her to do things. I know it isn’t a funny topic, but I always laugh when I read it.

28. If I were going to be trapped on a deserted island I would bring potatoes because it is healthy and you could grow it again. I would bring the fourth Percy Jackson book because it is my favorite book. I would also bring Matt Damon because he probably has survival skills from his movies and he learned how to grow potatoes in one of his movies called “The Martian”.

29. The book I would bring is The Alchemyst the Secrets of the Immortals Nicholas Flamel because it is a really good book and I can spend my time reading it because it is enjoyable. A food item I would bring is a shepherds pie because it taste really good and I like. A famous person I would bring is Steve Carell because he is in my favorite TV show called The Office.

30. If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would need to take some things with me so I wouldn’t die of boredom or go insane. For a book I would bring Minecraft: The Island because it has a few mental tips and it’s entertaining. For a food item I would bring a strawberry because I like strawberries and I could plant the seeds to have another source of food. If I could bring a famous person I would bring the YouTuber Chuggaconroy because he is good at making puns to lighten the mood in any situation.

31. If I hade to bring any book I would bring The Hunger Games because it could teach me survival skills and it has lots of adventure. If I had to bring one food item I would bring a sandwich. I would bring a sandwich because it would bring me lots of nutrition and it could bring seeds so I could plant them to get more food. If I had to bring one person I would bring Donald Trump so he could call his special agents and then we could go back home.

32. If I were at a modern day insurance companies mercy… I mean a deserted island. I would bring a book called CPU Architecture Explained, because I learned a lot about the process of designing CPUs from the book, I would take calamari because squid tastes surprisingly good when fried, and I would bring Gordon E. Moore to ask him how he came up with Moore’s Law.

33. If I were stranded on an island and if I had the choice to be one celebrity I would bring bear grills. I for one have no experience with surviving in the wilderness but good old grill does. Once he’s done building us hammocks, the only thing to do is kick back with a book. I would bring fish in a tree one of the most amazing and relatable stories ever. Once bear grills and I are hungry I pull out a box of high protein high calorie protein bars for me and good old grill to share. Once we get situated grills will build a house and raise insects and coconuts for food.
    Life is good on the deserted island.

34. If I was stranded on a deserted island and I got to bring a book I have read, one food item, and one famous person it would be interesting. For the book I would bring Raymie Nightingale by: Kate DiCamillo. It has a wonderful story line and I would read it over and over again. For the one food item I would bring my chicken frickazee. It has a wonderful mix. It will also keep me healthy. It has dairy, protein, grain, fruit, and vegetables. For the famous person I would bring Evan Longoria. He is strong and he has been my idol since I was 4 years old. He is 3rd basemen on the Tampa Bay Rays and on my team I was 3rd basemen too. That is what I would bring on my trip to a deserted island. Think about this, what would you bring with you to a deserted island? Remember, only one book you have read, one famous person (dead or alive), and one food item.

35. I’m stranded. It was a bad idea to take up this dare, but at least I’m prepared. For entertainment purposes, I’ve got a book. I brought Counting by Sevens, my September IR book. It is a very heartfelt story, perfect when you are dying of boredom. I need something to do when I’m picking sand out of my teeth, besides, since when was that a daily problem? At least I have food. I brought a large pizza from a local place downtown. I know it’s not the healthiest route, but it has tomato in the sauce and protein in the pepperoni. That counts, right? Next, I brought a famous partner. This is actually easy to find when your dad works with celebrities. Of course I didn’t tell him I was going to be stranded with this person, though. I wasn’t nervous of him getting mad, I was too scared of getting my heart broken because he would celebrate my two-week disappearance. Anyway, the person I brought was Tyler Joseph. He’s a rapper in the band Twenty One Pilots, my favorite band ever. Tyler Joseph’s music literally brings me to my happy place, which will be helpful because on an island my only “place” is this itchy sand spot. Well, I’m here for a while, hopefully you’ll see me when I get back! Wait, how am I supposed to get back? Uh-oh.

36. If I was stranded on an island a lot would be considered. I would definitely take the book beyond the bright sea, it is about being stranded on an island. It would give me ideas for staying alive and preserving things. For my one food item I would take a turkey. I would cut it for food with a knife of something else. One celebrity I would take is Bear Grills, he has his own show about surviving in the wild. He would really help me stay alive and get home. He knows a lot about adventure and animals. This would help me out a lot in the long run.

37. If I got stuck on a deserted island with one book, one food item, and a famous person, I would take Out Of My Mind because I could read that book a hundred times over again. I would bring watermelon because you can last a long time with it, and one famous person I would bring is Martin Luther King jr. because he has always inspired me not to give up and try my best.

38. One day I found myself deserted on an island! But I had brought 3 things with me. One of them was an eight piece fried chicken from Publix. I decided to bring this because it would last me a few days and its delicious. I also brought a book called I had a Dream by Martin Luther King JR. I brought this book because it always had and always will inspire me to never give up. I did bring one more thing and it is a person named Harriet Tubman and I brought her because she escaped slavery and I thought well then she may be able to get me off of this island. These are the three things I brought with me on my deserted island.

39. If I was stuck on a deserted island, the one food I would bring is sushi. I would bring sushi because there is water around the island there is water that has seaweed and fish. If I could bring one book with me to this island I would bring Pinkalicious. I would bring this book because it was my favorite from preschool to probably second or third grade. Also if I could bring one celebrity I would bring Taylor Swift. I would bring her because we could sing songs around a campfire to pass time.

40. Idina Menzel is one of my favorite singers of all time! If I was on a deserted island I would want her to come with me for entertainment. I would also bring a book for different entertainment for when Idina gets tired of singing. Right now I’m reading Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard Hammer Of Thor and I really want to finish it on the island. I would probably get hungry sooner or later. If I could only bring one food it would be nuts or trail mix.

41. If I was forced to be at a deserted island I would be petrified! But, I wouldn’t be as scared if I had the following things. First, I would want to make sure I had food. The one food I would choose to bring would be lasagna. I love the taste because it is like spaghetti but with stringy, melted cheese. Yum! I also would want to bring an amazing book called Out of my Mind. It is about this girl that is disabled that isn’t able to move or talk that gets into a real school and becomes one of the smartest people in her class. I love that book and it is just heart warming. One last thing I would want to bring is my idol. Her name is Bethany Hamilton. She is a famous surfer that had a shark attack leaving her with one arm. After that, she pushed through and continued winning competitions and showing how strong she is. Overall she is very inspirational. Out of many things there are three main things I would want to bring with me if I was on a deserted island, lasagna, Out of my Mind, and Bethany Hamilton.

42. If I were stranded on an island and had to bring a food item, it would pizza because you can make lots of different flavors and it tastes good. Also, the island might have berries or another source of food, so that would also be helpful. A book I would take would be Wings because it is interesting and intertwines the real world and a fantasy world. I would bring Vincent Van Gogh because he could paint and do art for entertainment. Maybe he would be able to teach me how to paint a little better in our spare time.

43. The idea of being stranded is very unsettling to me. Except, I would know just what to bring. I would bring the book “The Guide to Surviving a Sharknado and Other Natural Disasters”. Besides the Sharknado part, this book is very useful. It tells you how to survive sever winds and huge lightning storms. At least I could use the Sharknado part to survive real sharks. For food, I would bring a Caesar salad. It doesn’t sound like much, but think about it. It comes with leaves, which can be moist and provide a little bit of water. The croutons serve as bread. And the meat gives protein. I would bring Lincoln Pierce, the author of my favorite comic strip, “Big Nate”.

44. One day I was out on my boat and a huge storm hit. It blew me for miles and miles until I finally reached land. I had nothing left with me. I just wanted my favorite book, Wonder. Having Wonder with me would help me get my mind off of being on a deserted island all alone. I also really wanted some of my Mom’s really good Indian food. Her Indian food always fills me up and it gives me a lot of energy. This food also good because it is healthy, it has many spices and many different energy sources. If there was one person that I could have by my side right now, I would choose Katie Ladecky a famous swimmer. I would want to have her because she is strong and always tries hard no matter what is going on around her.

45. In a deserted island the first thing I would bring as a food is a roasted slices with olives on top. The reason why I would bring the food is because there is a lot of meat and you have some tasty olives to eat with it. A book I would bring is A Wrinkle In Time because I absolutely love that book and it is really well written also I never get bored reading it. A famous person I would bring is John F. Kennedy because I want to know why they assassinated him and he is really a smart person

46. If I where stranded on an island and was aloud to bring one book, one thing to eat, and one famous person. I would bring Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper because it is a big emotional book that will keep me entertained while I’m stranded. The one thing I would bring to eat would be is a watermelon because I can grow the seeds to make more watermelons. If I had to bring someone to the island it would be Grace VanderWall because we are close ages and she could sing by the fire every night.

47. If there was a deserted island that I was going to get stuck on, then… A book I would bring is Spy School. Because it has action, is funny, is a mystery, and has a cool story line. So in opinion the book would never grow old for me to read. For a food item I would bring peanut butter. Because it has a lot of protein and fills your stomach with only a little bit. So peanut butter would feed you until you had a stable food supply. For someone famous I would bring Robert E Lee . Because he was a strong, smart, and strategic leader. Because he has those traits he could help me survive the deserted island.

48. If I was stuck on a island that has palm trees with bright green fronds; a beach with blinding white sand, I would bring. A hamburger with cheese running down the sides. One with bright red tomatoes and green lettuce. I feel that if it had heavy lettuce and tomato it would give me the right amount of vitamins and proteins. I would also take a book called Hatchet. It would keep me entertained and I could get a few survival tricks. If I had to bring a famous person with me I would bring some one smart. Someone that might know some survival tricks from a movie. Someone named Jenifer Lawerence.

49. If I was stranded on a deserted island I would bring the book, The Copper Gauntlet. I would bring The Copper Gauntlet because it is book #2 in my favorite book series, Magisterium, and it’s about fiction and magic. If I also had to bring one food item, i would bring pizza! I would bring pizza because it’s my favorite food. It’s my favorite food because i really like the taste of bread, tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. It’s also the favorite food of my favorite animal in my favorite movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If I were also to bring someone famous I would bring Steven Spielberg. I would bring Steven Spielberg because he’s a really good movie director and he could tell me stories and tell me about upcoming movies that he’s writing or directing Incase I get bored. And that’s what I would bring if I were stranded on a deserted island.

50. If I were on a island I would bring a bowl of butter pasta, Serena Williams, and the book A Mango Shaped Space. I would bring a bowl of butter pasta because butter pasta is my favorite food ever. I would bring Serena Williams because if we are trying to get through the leaves then she can use her big swing to chop down the leaves. I would bring the book A Mango Shaped Space because it is my favorite book so if I get board then I can read and enjoy it.