What Is Your Ideal Bookshelf?

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 2.30.57 PM

Hi Students!

I can’t believe your sixth-grade year is coming to an end! Since the core of the sixth-grade English curriculum is literature and writing, I thought it would be a fitting prompt to end the year with a post related to that. Pretend that you have an empty bookshelf in your room. What top five books would you have on it?

At least two of the books should be from this year. When you write your paragraph, list your titles and briefly explain why each one deserves a place of honor on your shelf. Then tell us which book is your favorite (so far) of all and why.

Have a wonderful, fun summer break. I’ll continue to post interesting images and videos throughout the summer for our readers (as many international students attend school), if you would like to continue the conversation.

I enjoyed going through the sixth-grade journey with you! Please stop and say hello next year!

Mrs. Cobb

1. I can picture it now, Bud Not Buddy on the left, Middle School The Worst Years of My Life on the right, and three other amazing books in between. Middle School The Worst Years of My Life is a diary-like book by James Patterson. I really enjoy this book because it is very funny and it is in the perspective of a kid in middle school, so it is easy to relate to him. I have read three James Patterson books this year and two of them have a spot on my ideal bookshelf. James Patterson is one of my favorite authors of all time. Another book on my shelf would be Homeroom Diaries. This is also a diary book by James Patterson. I really love this book because the protagonist is ver funny and she draws sketches on the side of the page that are funny to look at. My Lucky Day has the number three spot on my bookshelf. Even though it is a children’s’ picture book, it is very dear to my heart. That book has been on my bookshelf ever since I was in kindergarten. I love it so much because the characters are very clever and they always make my smile. Bud Not Buddy is my favorite book. It is very funny and also the ending warms my heart. My second grade teacher introduced it to me. She realized that I liked so much that she let me have her copy. After that I went on to re-read it many times. The last book that has a spot on my ideal bookshelf is Wonder. I really like the author, R.J. Placio. I love the fact that the perspective changes every chapter. That really kept the book interesting. I really love books that are funny, diary-like, have pictures, and of course, are interesting.

2. Oops! For the title Middle School The Worst Years of My Life I forgot to capitalize “The” the second time I said it

3. I have many favorite books but my top five would have to be The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, Kiki Strike, Alice in Wonderland, and The Wizard of Oz. I want these books to be on my book shelf because I always have loved stories with adventures, I also loved how the authors of these book wrote and told the stories with a lot of details especially because these books are all adventures.

4. If I could only have five books on my shelf (which is very hard for me since I love books) then I would have I Am Number Four, because it is a funny but at the same time a cliffhanger. Also Allegiant, from the Divergent series, because it is a very exciting and sad book (the end made me cry.) I think that the Divergent series is my favorite group of books.

I would also have The Blood of Olympus from the Heroes of Olympus series, because the author is a very funny writer and captures the life and drama of kids in a nutshell. Of course he adds in the quests to save the world from monsters. I also love it because it is full of Greek and Roman mythology. Another book would be The Maze Runner. This is because it is a very tense and adventurous book. You never know if everyone is going to survive the day or if they are ever going to get out of the maze. The final book would be The Hunger Games. It was the first dystopian future book I had ever read and I’ve loved that kind of book ever since.

1. I forgot about the Fault in our Stars. That book was amazing. It showed life and death in a different perspective, a perspective of a girl who is facing death, but learning to live and love.

5. Well this is a tough decision. Choosing just five books! I would choose Counting By Seven’s, Wonder, Moon Over Manifest, The Fourteenth Goldfish, and The Day the Crayons Quit. Wonder was such an inspirational and touching book. Auggie is a boy with a facial disorder who travels through life hiding until he goes to school. At first, school was tough. As the book progresses, Auggie learns about the importance of friendship and trust. Ellie’s grandfather is a scientist who concocts a mixture to start the aging system over again. The Fourteenth Goldfish is about Ellie learning how to accept change. A favorite childhood book of mine is The Day the Crayons Quit. The crayons in this story are tired of being used for the same things. The illustrations in this book are so adorable and the way the author writes makes the crayons life like. This year in English, we read the book Moon Over Manifest. This book is historical fiction which I enjoy. On Abilene’s journey, she learns about the past of Manifest, her father, and the townspeople. Counting By Seven’s is my all time favorite book. Willow’s parents died in a car crash and she has no where to go. This heartfelt story is teaching Willow about family and trust. Towards the end of the book, Willow really feels loved by this family and understands the importance of love. My bookshelf holds incredible stories and tales.

6. I love just imagining the perfect bookshelf. One of the books on my bookshelf would definitely be Kiki Strike. This would be on my bookshelf because I love how the author drops clues to lead you up to something big in the book. Another book that would hold a place of honor on my bookshelf would be Matched. This story is one of my favorites because I love the idea of the story, and it’s a dystopian book which are always great stories. My most favorite story is wonder. I like reading this book because it’s interesting to read about his struggles in life being disabled, and how he deals with them. Another one of my favorites is Out of my Mind because, like wonder it’s about a disabled girl, and how she changes and progresses through the story. Another one of my All time favorite books is The Rainbow Fish. I love this book because the pictures just capture you in, but also its a cute story that teaches kids about sharing.

7. On my pink vintage bookshelf I would have the books Bud Not Buddy, A Million Ways Home, Water Balloon, A Sliver of Sun, and A Smidgen of Sky. Even though I am not the biggest reader I have always liked to put myself in the book. I remember in second grade Mrs. Cameron read the book Bud Not Buddy, and at the end she cried in front of all of us. A Million Ways Home was a book that I found and I fell in love with it. A Smidgen of Sky was by the same author as A Million Ways Home. A Sliver of Sun was the sequel to A Smidgen of Sky. Water Ballon was one of those books that you find in the girls section that boys wouldn’t understand.
    The book that is by far my favorite is A Million Ways Home. The reason why it is my favorite is because I have never had such a connection with a book or and author. My mom knew I liked the author’s writing so much that she sent her an email and the author wrote me a letter. I liked the book so much that in the end I cried. To sum up the book I would say it is about a girl with a lot going on and when she thinks it can’t get any worse it just turns right upside down in front of her, but in the end…. I mean… Okay if you want to find out go read it yourself. Don’t forget even if your not a reader if you look you’ll never know what you’ll find.

8. I would first have to do Deathly Hollows in the Harry Potter series, this was by far the best book of the Harry Potter series. This was action packed, had deaths, and had a twist. I loved this book, I read all the Harry Potter books and then this book made me read it in 3 days I would keep on reading! The next book would have to be Divergent, Divergent was a amazing awesome book! It had huge plot twists, this book sucked me in from the first sentence the author outdid herself. My next book would be Wonder, this book was sad and a beautiful, touching story. This book is Out of My Mind, Out of My Mind is one of the best inspiring storied how the girl was able to talk, and a sad part that made me cry was when her sister got hit by the car. I guess the next one is the Maze Runner, this book was amazing, touching, sad, and Inspiring. This book… I can’t even get started I’m just happy I read this book. The last book is my favorite all time book ever, this is tragic, has huge twists, leadership, and love. It’s Mocking jay, Mocking Jay is possibly a gift from the gods! I read this because my friends convinced me too. Now I am so happy she convinced me to this book has changed my life, and I love it. I obviously am a huge book worm, and I could fit so much more books. I just had to narrow it down!

9. Hmm.. My ideal bookshelf.. Well, the first book that would be on my ideal bookshelf would be “The Spindlers”. The reason why I would have that book on my bookshelf is because when I first read it, I didn’t stop reading it until I had almost finished it, then I didn’t want to finish it because it was so good. The second book would be “Warriors: Into The Wild”. Yes, I read them, no need to laugh. I really love them because I absolutely adore cats and every chapter ends in a cliffhanger, the book is always so interesting because there is an element of mystery to them as well. The third book on the bookshelf would be “Doll Bones”. I loved that book, I think it was my first IR this school year. Probably the reason why I loved it so much was that it gave me chills every now and then when I read it. It was rather creepy, but it didn’t mind it that much because the story was amazing. The fourth book would be “A hero for WondLa”. Yes I know, the title is weird, but you know what they say, never judge a book by its cover. The story is wonderful and when I read the first book, I couldn’t wait to read the next one. And finally, the last book I would have on my bookshelf would be, “Warriors: Dawn of The Clans”. I’m sorry, these books are amazing, they are just so interesting that I read them over and over and over again, for a few of them, I always know what is going to happen next, but I always experience the same emotions I did when I first read the books, for example, when a cat that has been there since the beginning, I feel sad, when a seemingly loyal cat betrays the clans, I feel angry, when the main clan wins a battle, I feel happy. For me, I don’t normally experience emotions through a book, so that was cool to me.

10. If I have an empty bookshelf in my room, I know exactly what I would place in it. The one book that I would, for sure, put on my book shelf is Savvy, by Ingrid Law. I am in love with the story and it touches my heart throughout every page. I would also be sure to put the book Everything on it, by Shel Silverstein on my bookshelf. I’ve always liked to pull that book out and amuse myself with his laughable poems. For my third book, I would place the book Out of My Mind on my book shelf. This book grabs my attention and leaves me in tears. Another book that I love is When You Reach Me. The theme is mysterious and has me thinking. Lastly I would put the book Kiki Strike on my bookshelf. The book has an outstanding storyline and is very exciting. I can always count on these books to make my day.

11. My ideal bookshelf would have parties everyday. This is because in it I would have the book 11 Birthdays, and read about the never ending birthdays of Leo and Amanda. And how it’s because of their broken friendship, this book deserves a spot on the shelf because it taught me that your friendship with your best friend should never be broken. Along with this party full book I’d make a small spot for the short book that me and my sister loved when we were little. It’s called The Little Mouse, The Big Ripe Strawberry, And The Big Hungry Bear. It’s about how the little mouse stumbles upon a huge strawberry that the big hungry bear wants and so they end up sharing in the end. This book deserves a spot on my ideal book shelf because I love to read it, and although it sounds silly it has a strong meaning stating no matter what it’s always best to share even if the other person is a big hungry bear. My last three books would be Out of My Mind, written about how Melony, a challenged girl who can’t speak, talk, or move one day gets noticed as a super smart genus. This would have to be my favorite overall because it’s says that although things may be hard never give up, because one day something great will happen. My last two would be, Counting 7s and Umbrella Summer. Witch are both about calming down and and life is really all about having fun. Now let me go blow out the candles sit on the couch and read the 11 birthday book.

12. What is my all time favorite book? Well I would have to say it would be Poler Express. It means so much to me. It means so much to me because my grandma gave it to me before she past away. I read it ever Christmas night in her memory of her loving and caring heart. When I first read my imagination went wondering around in the book. For one second when I was reading it ,I actually thought I was there with the main character drinking hot coco on the train ride to the North Pole. My imagination went wild when I read it because I read it and I actually thought only the people who believe in Saint Nick could hear the reindeers bell jangling from them landing on the rooftop of your house. The second book I would put on my empty book shelf would be the Hunger Games. I loved the book so much, because it tells what our world could be and how people will never give up their freedom. After I read it I thought I could do anything, but we all know I could never shoot an arrow like that. The book is about people are randomly picked and they all have to fight to their death. But if they won the would be treated fair like all the rich people were treated. But then one fight changed it all. The third book would have to be Hope was here. The book was about a girl who rename her name Hope, because she wanted a name that nobody would forget. She also changed it because it reminded her to always have hope and never give up. I really like how she say always have hope and never give up. My mom tells me that about every day. The forth book that I would put on the book shelf would be The Cat In The Hat. When I was little I use to read that book over and over and over. It had a lot of picture in it and I loved seeing the pictures when I read it. Dr.Suess has the talent of writing rhymes books that every little kid would love. All of the rhymes have a say and details in it like you would never believe. The fifth book I would put on my book shelf would be Thing One and Thing Two. I loved the book so much because it the two twins in the book reminded me of me and my twin Faith. The twins in the book were wild and crazy and so were me and my twin. When I read I would always have my sister sit next to me and would read it together.

13. I have read so many books over the past few years that it is hard to pick only five, but five books that have stood out to me the most are: The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George, Hero by Alethea Kontis, The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore, and Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. The City of Bones would be on my shelf because it is about people who use runes, ancient symbols to represent different things, to temporarily give them special powers. It has a unique plot, and Cassandra Clare really brings the characters to life. Hero deserves a spot because the author combined so many different fairytales into a central plot that I had to read it again to notice all of them. The Revenge of Seven is about aliens who were taken to earth as babies and are the last of their kind. This book would be on my shelf because it is told from several different perspectives, and it shows all this different sides to the story. Fablehaven is about two kids who visit their grandparents and learn that they run a sanctuary for magical animals. I loved this book because it had so many plot twists that I couldn’t stop reading until I finished the book. Princes of Glass is my favorite book of all time because it is a retelling of Cinderella told from the perspective of Cinderella’s friend. I have read it many times, but it never gets old.

14. I have always been read to, and now I have to choose my all time favorite books. That’s going to be hard. First off, I know that The Giving Tree will definitely be apart of the empty bookshelf in my room. When I was little my parents would read to me this book, and now I know the book basically by heart. I love this book because it teaches kids to do what’s right for the people they love. Another book that HAS to be on my bookshelf in my room is The Chrysanthemum. This book was my inspiration to be who I wanted to be. During the book Chrysanthemum got bullied because of her name. This book taught me to be who I am and never change for anybody. When I read Hugo Cabaret, I couldn’t put the book down. It was funny, interesting, and just fun to read. I never got bored of it because the pictures in the book helped me imagine what was going on. Two books that I think made me the nerd that I am is Sorcerers Stone (from Harry Potter series) and The Hunger Games. I love both these books because they let you imagine what everything looks like, and sometimes you just need to imagine things your way. Now that my bookshelf is complete, I must go and read all my favorite books.

15. Many of the books that I have read in my life were good ones, but I do have five favorites that I would put on an empty shelf (if I ever had one!) in my room. These books would be The Brightest Night by Tui T. Sutherland, The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien, Dumpling Days by Grace Lin, and Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper. The Brightest Night is written from the perspective of a dragon named Sunny who is caught in a war over power between three sisters in a world controlled by dragons. The sisters have dragged the rest of the world into their war and Sunny and her friends are supposed to stop the war, according to a cryptic prophecy made by a now-dead dragon named Morrowseer, but none of them are even full grown and none of them even know where to start. I love this book because, even though dragons obviously do not exist and it is all fictional, the author makes it all seem so real. The Mysterious Affair at styles is a murder mystery with a detective named Poirot. This story was so interesting and I loved trying to guess who was the murderer, and the surprise at the end of the book when I saw who actually did commit the murder. The Lord of the Rings is a long adventure story about a hobbit (a small human-like creature) named Frodo who has to travel to the evil land of Mordor with his loyal gardener, Sam to destroy an evil ring that, if taken ahold of by the evil lord Sauron, would demolish the world. I love how developed and real the character’s personalities were.mI like Dumpling days for the feeling of home and family it gives. I like Out of my Mind for how determinedly Melody overcame her disability.

16. Polar bear Polar bear what do you see, I see my ideal bookshelf looking at me. I would have Sesame Street, Hungry Hungry Caterpillar, Hobbit, Kiki Strike and Fancy Nancy. I love those books because I grew up with them, I would read Hungry Hungry Caterpillar every night before I went to bed when I was a a toddler. Sesame Street I would read and watch Zoey the little pink dancer she was my favorite character along with Elmo. I love Kiki strike because it had a lot of action and adventure. I loved hobbit because little Bilbo was so scared but in the end he turned to rescue them in every thing. Fancy Nancy was my all time favorite book I would always try to b like her and my outfit would be so miss matched I would have to change. That’s why I love those books because I have read them all these years.

17. Books can take you on wild adventures! I love reading books! Favorite genres are non fiction, fiction, funny, sad, and many more. They are so fascinating! My all time favorite books are I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, Kiki Strike, Moon Over Manifest, Counting by 7s, and One For the Murphy’s. I do not like Green Eggs and Ham was a wonderful, funny, and fascinating kid story that rhymes. Kiki Strike was an action book about five girls who discovered an underground city. Moon Over Manifest made me want to cry, scream, and jump for joy. It was a story within a story within a story. The book was about a girl who was trying to find out about who her daddy is. Counting by 7s was a fascinating book that made me want to cry. It is was about a highly intelligent girl who was trying to find a new family. One For the Murphy’s was sad, fascinating, and a joyful book. It was about a girl who was being fostered by a wonderful family who she grew to be close with. Each one touched my heart. I loved all of them so much that I didn’t want to stop reading them. My favorite book over all was Moon Over Manifest because it was amazing how descriptive the author was, and how she made a story within a story within a story.

18. My top 5 favorite books I have read this year are Moon Over Manifest, The A Circuit, I am Number Four, Skeleton Creek, and Divergent. Moon over Manifest deserves to be on my shelf because it is a very entertaining story and It wouldn’t get boring even if I read it 10 times in a row. I am Number Four is my favorite book ever and it deserves to be on my shelf because it has a lot of action and adventure which is my favorite type of books. Like Moon over Manifest it is also very entertaining and sometime dramatic. The A Circuit deserves to be on my shelf because it is about show jumping and horseback riding which I love. It also isn’t only about horses, but it is also about a romance and just having fun. Skeleton Creek should be on my shelf because I like how it has videos also that help explain and act out the story. It also is very scary which makes it even more interesting. Divergent is on my bookshelf because like I am Number Four it has a lot of action and adventure which, like I mentioned before, is my favorite type of book. It also has a slight romance between Four and Tris. I am Number Four is my favorite book ever because it is super entertaining and has a lot of parts where you just can’t stop reading. That is my bookshelf.

19. Oh my! Only five books! Well, if I had a to choose my five favorite books they would be Smile, Moon Over Manifest, Champ, Out of my Mind, and Wonder. Smile was a book from when I was very little. I love it so much. I practically know all the words. I loved it because it showed me that even the tinniest thing can change many people’s lives. It was so sweet how just that little girl’s smile changed so much. Moon Over Manifest was a book I read this year. It was so good and it had so many tricks and turns that I never expected. It always kept me on the edge of my chair. Champ was another book I read this year. It was good because it was so sweet about the three-legged dog. I loved reading it because it almost made me cry when the owner said she didn’t want the dog anymore. It was such a heartfelt book that I just could stop reading. Out of my mind was so sweet. It should me how anyone can overcome anything. I loved how confident she was and it had such amazing details. It had some amazing unexpected things that I couldn’t believe. Wonder was such a sweet book. It was so good because he was so confident and he went through so much. I loved how many details it had and how delightful and heartfelt.

20. The first book that I would have on my bookshelf is Counting by 7’s by Holly Goldberg Sloan. I would want to have this book on my bookshelf because in my opinion it was a very interesting and fabulous book. The second book I would Have on my bookshelf would be The City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau. I found the book to be very exciting and full of adventure. The third would be The Missing: Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Wonder by R. J. Palacio. I liked the concept of this book and how there were so many different perspectives to see from. And finally the fifth, Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney. This was a very funny and humorous book. This book was full of funny moments and it was very easy to understand.

21. Books, books, books. Great books! The best five books I’ve ever read are A Long Walk To Water, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see, Wonder, Fancy Nancy, and last but not least The Hobbit. One reason I enjoyed The Long Walk to Water was because it was a journey book. The book went from a little kid who was in a war place, and lost his family. A reason I liked Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see because everything rhymed. It’s fun and relaxing when you read rhyming books. Wonder was a great book I got read to because it was all about fitting in, in school. Wonder was a paralyzed girl who couldn’t talk at all, and it taught me about not to judge a person by their cover. Now my favorite book when I was younger was Fancy Nancy. I loved this book so much because it was all about her being fashionable. And when I was young, I loved fashion. The Hobbit was a good book to read because, as you are reading the book and the whole journey, you are also thinking and having a whole movie going on in your mind as you read the book. My favorite book of all out of my bookshelf is A Long Walk To Water because when I was reading there was literally a movie in my head. It’s amazing when you think of the story, not watch the movie then think of the scenes when you are reading that specific part.

22. I’d like to cuddle up to read Cinder, Holes, Hobbit, Kiki Strike, or Hug Mama. Cinder is one of my favorite books because this book is about a girl who is immune to the plague, and the black death is fascinating to me. Holes was also one of my favorite because it got start to the point with no lingering details. Hobbit is one that I read this year and it was one of my more liked books because it had a lot of action in it. Kiki Strike was also one of my more liked books this year because it had an exciting story line with all the mystery. Hug Mama is my all time favorite books because it is about a monkey that loved her mom. It’s my favorite because it would put me to sleep when I was little. All these books are great readers and have keep me entertained my whole life.

23. To be honest I’m not a big reader because I’m a slow person but there are some books that are really good. One of the five books I’d pick would be The Flower Girl. The Flower Girl was given to me because I was a flower girl when I was little, and it was a bit awkward because I didn’t know some people that were trying to talk to me. It’s about a little girl being a flower girl and getting ready and she’s happy for her mom and it’s about her experience but in a cute little version. My second favorite book is A Tale Dark And Grimm. I really like that book because it’s talking about fairytales but the bad part of them, and it’s kind of bloody too. It’s fun to read because your excited to find out what happens next and makes me want to read more. The third book I would choose is one of my favorite YouTubers book A Work In Progress by Connor Franta. It tells about all of his life and journeys which I find interesting because it’s also about him coming out and telling the world that he’s gay, and I really look up to him because he’s brave. The fourth book that I really like is Moon Over Manifest. It tells an amazing story in ways that I wouldn’t expect and I ask so many questions that get answered in the end. I’d probably read that again just because it’s a good book. The last book that I would read would be Self Help by Miranda Sings. She is so funny and she makes my day better without even doing anything because she’s the best. Her book is about helping you go through life and I bet that it would be funny because the way she does things is always different, I’m excited to read it.

24. If I have an empty book shelf I would fill it up with Out of my Mind by Sharon Draper, Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. Out of my Mind is one of my favorite books because there is a big lesson, which is it doesn’t matter what is on the outside, it matters what is on the inside. I love Hoot because I like to think of the book as an action book, tons of exciting things were happening all of once, I really enjoyed reading that book. Another book that is one of my favorites was Middle School by James Patterson. I read that book this year. I like that book because it is all about what happens in middle school and when you run into trouble you always have to face it. It also talked about following the rules in middle school because if you don’t you would get into trouble. There was a lot of good rules and lessons. Another book that I read this year is called One for the Murpheys by Lunda Hunt. I liked that book because. It was very emotional, sometimes it was really sad and then it turned happy. Another book that is one of top favorites is Wonder by Raquel Palacio. I like this book because it is also very emotional, most of the time it was sad but then it got happy again. I really like reading those kinds of books. Those book are my top five favorite!

25. There are so many good books out there, but we all have our favorites. The first book on my shelf would go all the way back to second grade. The name of the book is First Light. This book is amazingly descriptive, creative and mind blowing with the way it was written. The second book on my shelf would be Out of my Mine. The reason I love this book is everything. This book catches you so much to where you feel like you’re inside of it. The book got so detailed, I felt like I was in the characters place and started crying! The next book is Counting by 7’s. I strongly like this book because of the detail. I really felt like I could see what was happening in the book through the character’s eyes. The fourth book on my shelf would be Moon Over Manifest. Moon Over Manifest just feels like it has something special about it. It makes me want to go to Manifest and Search for what I’m missing until I find it. The last book is Wonder. Wonder is just making me wish and want to go and put myself in the characters place to keep him from everything he’s going through. Out of all of these books I’d have to say my favorite is still First Light. This book will always be a childhood favorite and a book that I love.

26. Dinosaur’s Binkit, Glory Be, Out of my Mind, Moon Over Manifest, and Beautiful Creatures, these would be the books on my ideal book shelf. Dinosaur’s Binkit was a book that was read to me when I was younger the dinosaur couldn’t find his blanket and he couldn’t go to sleep without it. There was flaps that you could open and look for the blanket, it liked this book because it was good memory I had from when I was little. Glory Be was set in the time period where black and white people were separated. The main character was a girl about my age who didn’t understand why the pool had to be closed on the hottest days of the year. I like this book because it showed how unfair people were back then and how much our country has changed from then. I liked Out of my Mind because it showed that’s you don’t have to be able to talk or look like anyone else to be smart. Moon Over Manifest was a book that taught me that everyone has a story to tell, and everyone belongs somewhere. Beautiful Creatures was a book that had a magical girl called a caster I liked it because it was action filled and it made me think. I like a lot more books then these but these are my top five.

27. Top five favorite books? No problem! Dork Diaries: Tales From a NOT-SO Popular Party Girl, Jamberry, Selp-Helf, Kiki Strike, and Moon Over Manifest. Dork Diaries and Jamberry are two of my favorite books because they were a big part of my childhood. For the Dork Diaries series I would beg my parents to buy me the new dork diaries book the moment I’d see it and finish the whole book in a day and read it over and over but never get bored of it. For Jamberry it was similar to Dork Diaries, I could read the book over and over and I would always be entertained by it because it rhymed and I loved poems like that when I was younger. Selp-Helf because it was written by Queen, Miranda Sings. Miranda is really funny and always makes me laugh so I know her book will make me laugh too because she puts actual things in the book that you can take out and interact with and if you get the reference it’s really funny. Kiki Strike was one of my favorite books because in the beginning of the book they were our age so we could relate to them in more ways than one. Moon Over Manifest was one of my favorites because it was really cool for me to kind of learn about the past in someone of our age’s point of view. Overall these books have at least one thing in common: they all can relate to me in a way or two, and its nice to make that connection.

28. A birch wood shelf. Dusty, boring, and empty. Until I dust it off and gently place my top five books on it. Boring no more! The first to grace the shelf and blind everyone with its beauty is Mockingjay. Conclusion to the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay is chock-full of adventure, peril, pitfalls, alliance and betrayal. Next, Allegiant is propped up next to the beautiful blue of Mockingjay. The gorgeous fading, hombre orange of the final Divergent book next to the icy white hot blue of Mockingjay is enough to make me cry. Mostly because of the contents of the books. Allegiant is placed in a Dystopian world where people are separated by their personality. This book also contains wonders that make you lean forward in your seat, page after page. Carefully slid onto the shelf next is the Maze Runner. This green, vine-covered, well, cover of this book clashes with the other two books, making you feel like you’re in a different world of color. The Maze Runner is perilous and suspenseful, and unlike the other books I’ve chosen, this is the first in its series. Teenagers and sometimes younger kids are sent into the Glades, a clearing of grass and water in the middle of a giant maze. The maze is the only way out, and changes every night. During the day, you only have a short amount of time to explore the maze. But at night, Greivers roam the maze. I love these first three books because of their ability to keep me on my toes, always waiting for the next chance to read them. They have amazing plots and twists. Another book I loved was The Battle for WondLa. I loved this book because of the creative futuristic technology and mystical animals and plants. The most beautiful pictures accompany the text every few pages. The last book placed on the shelf is one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read. It also has beautiful pictures and a great storyline. This book has been one of my favorites for a long time. Pat the Bunny. I still have a stuffed bunny named Pat. He goes on the bookshelf, too.

29. As I turn through the pages of some of my old favorite books, it brings back so many memories. I love the stories of witches and warlocks, princes and princesses, and everything else. Over the span of preschool to sixth grade, I have read A LOT. Some of my favorites have been Wonder, The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar, The Hunger Games, Three times Lucky, and One for the Murphys’. All of these books have fun stories, hooking chapters, (that kept me awake for hours) and lots of fun imbedded in the pages.
    Wonder is the story of an amazing boy named August who beats the odds by making friends in middle, even though he has a disease that makes him look different than all of the other boys in his class. This book has heartbreaking, happy, funny, sad and crazy scenes. I loved each and every page.
    The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar pretty much was involved in every day of my toddler years. Every day, at one point or another, I would ask my mom to read me this book. It was a really fun read, and It got me through a lot of tripping, toe stubbing, sick days, and all of the other toddler crises.
    The Hunger Games. I think most book obsessed girls can figure out why I love this one. The action,the battles, the romance, and the scenes that made me lay in my bed and sob for about thirty minutes straight. I love all of the characters, and the whole plot line. Katniss, Peeta, Prim, Rue and everyone else have all become some of my favorite characters in any book I’ve ever read.
    Three times lucky is a fun book to read for independent reading. I like the mystery, the action, and the author’s style.
    Finally last but not least, I loved One for the Murphys’. The whole heart wrenching story about a girl trying to find her place in this perfect family. I loved all of the sad, happy, and funny parts of this book.

30. Oh my goodness! Don’t have me choose just five books! I absolutely love books! This prompt is too hard because I have a hundred favorite books! Well, if I have to choose my top five, they would be (in no particular order): The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool, I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore, and Divergent by Veronica Roth. I guess you could say I fancy dystopian books.
    The Hunger Games series really made me realize that books have depths. The Hunger Games isn’t just a book about a girl named Katniss fighting to the death in an arena. You’d think the book wouldn’t have much depths to it, but it’s depths are limitless. It teaches that with perseverance, love, and a touch of rebellion, you can overcome even the greatest of obstacles and put a stop to evil and things that aren’t right. This entire series made me laugh, smile, frown, and (mostly) cry so hard that my tears could’ve filled up a river. This book has so many twists and turns and Suzanne Collins throws you unexpected curveballs.
    Speaking of twists and turns, I would have The Maze Runner on my bookshelf because it is a story full of monsters, mayhem, and escaping a dystopian village surrounded by a seemingly unsolvable maze. How interesting is that?! The Maze Runner is cleverly written by James Dashner, and he, like Suzanne Collins, throws a bunch of curveballs at the readers (especially in The Death Cure). The Maze Runner and The Hunger Games series have definitely impacted my life.
    I would have Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling on my bookshelf because it is definitely on my top five favorite book list. This book was spellbinding (no pun intended) to me. I remember when it was over, I literally cried because there was no more books in this magical series to read. J.K. Rowling is the goddess of magic (sorry Albus Dumbledore!). She was the first writer who brought my love of reading to life. Harry gets into some mischief in this book, just like Abilene and Jinx in Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool.
    Moon Over Manifest was so heart melting, and the ending brought me to tears! Clare Vanderpool’s style of writing is so sophisticated. She writes her phrases so beautifully, they paint pictures in my mind. This was, by far, my favorite assigned book for class. It is, like Mrs. Cobb says, a story within a story within a story within a story. I love how the stories fit together like pieces to a puzzle. In the book, Jinx was on the run from someone, like “John Smith” in I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.
    Now I can’t speak for the book I am Number Four as a whole because I’m still in the middle of reading it, but so far, it is an intriguing book. I knew from just the preface that it was going to be a good book. This book has a similar dystopian feel to it like The Hunger Games or The Maze Runner, but the storyline is very different.
    All of these books have at least one thing in common: I love to read them! However, my favorite book out of these would be The Hunger Games! It was a mix of many genres. It was action/adventure, science fiction, fiction, romance, and (when people died) tragedy. The entire series kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loved reading it. I wish I could forget what happened completely so I could relive the magic this book series brought me. It’s so hard to decide my favorite book series, but if I had to choose, I would definitely choose The Hunger Games series. Now let’s talk about rebuilding this bookshelf to fit 100 books!

1. Wow, now that I look at this, it’s not that “brief”. I’d say it’s just incredibly “thorough”.

31. If I had an empty bookshelf I would put the books Catching Fire, Counting by 7s, A Tale Dark and Grimm, Wonder, and Cat in the Hat. Catching Fire is a book full of adventure and never stops the action. Theres always something going on that keeps you intrigued in the book and makes you want to keep reading. Counting by 7s is such a sad and great book to read. This book would be my favorite book of them all. Counting by 7s is such an interesting book and things happen that no one would expect which really makes you want to keep reading. A Tale Dark and Grimm is such a spooky and amazing book. I love all the twist and turns this book makes changing regular little kid stories into gruesome spooky stories. This book kept me interested with every word on the page! Wonder is also a really sad book and explains how the main characters life is and how hard it is for him. I loved reading this book because I’d never have imagined how peoples lives would be like like Auggies and it really made me want to keep reading. Now last but not least, Cat in the Hat. It’s such a classic book. I mean, how could it not be someones favorite? It’s such a fun book to read and always brightens your mood.

32. My favorite five books that I loved reading this year was all the four Michael Vey books and Navigating Early. They all are intriguing and action packed. My favorite is the fist Michael Vey book. It was greatly written and it is very thought through. This first book gives great details and back stories about all of the characters in the book. There were unexpected friendships and much more. Of course I like all of these books but to me I most of the time always like the first book the best. ( depending on the book series ) in conclusion this is a great book series and I definitely looking forward to reading the rest of these ( three ) more books.

33. The top five books that I have read in my life are Holes, The Secret Garden, Hoot, Kiki Strike, and Models don’t Eat Chocolate Cookies. These all are my favorite books that I have read in my lifetime! Holes is on my imaginary bookshelf because it is about making friends raven in miserable conditions. I loved The Secret Garden because it was also about making friends and you can have a good personality. Hoot was good because it was about saving the animals and I love owls! I liked Kiki Strike because it was all about adventure and being DANGEROUS! My other book that I love is Models don’t Eat Chocolate Cookies. I love this book because it is about this girl who is having trouble keeping track of her weight. It also shows that you can be a model even when you are a little chubby.