Do You Have What It Takes?

Hi Students,

Please follow the directions on each writing prompt. You should have at least two good paragraphs, each beginning with a creative lead. Add a concluding sentence leaving the reader with something to think about, and do not repeat the first sentence. (This is why I love chocolate ice cream… type of thing.) Watch your end punctuation and remember to do a double return to put a space between paragraphs. Answer all the parts on the second image. (No names, please.)

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 7.47.42 PM

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 7.47.03 PM

1. To have courage can have many different explanations. Courage is the ability to do something no matter how hard or frightening the thing is. Having courage can also be a bad thing too because it can make you so confident that you lose your common sense and fail horribly. But if you don’t have courage you will never get anything you want to do done. You can do amazing things with enough of a balance of courage and common sense. Both are great things

Standing up to an enemy will always take courage but to risk another enemy by standing up to a friend will take even more. In school the one thing that you fear is having nothing but people who hate you and if you have friends or “friends” and they are being really mean or doing something like spray painting a wall. You will have a urge to just not say anything and not risk a new enemy. But to stand up to an enemy is much easier because you already have a enemy there and there is no way to keep a friend there. Standing up to a friend if you have to is the best thing to do but it takes a lot of courage.

1. “Having courage can also be a bad thing too because it can make you so confident that you lose your common sense and fail horribly.”

2. Courage well looks like nothing is not a visible thing, you can see. It is a feeling, a feeling that you feel when you are doing something courageous. It’s when you take a stand to your bully, or your friend, or even for your friend. It’s a big ball of words that everyone is brave, honesty, and well being honest. How it looks like we’ll it looks different to every person you know what it looks like. It just is never the same to everyone. It means being you.

It takes a huge amount of courage to stand up to your friend especially one of your closest of friends. To take a stand if hard to hear what you are saying to your friend. To a bully it’s just the words you mean and you feel good after taking a stand, but to a friend. That’s a whole new subject I mean you may loose your friend like that. That also takes a great deal of courage.

3. Courage to me looks like someone sees someone else getting hurt and decides to go help the person who is getting hurt. This is true because a person may not be used to sticking up for others and it shows that they have courage to go out and do the right thing. One time I knew someone who was deadly afraid to go up on stage in front of people but one year she had to and she didn’t want to let her team down so she did it. That shows courage because my friend didn’t want to let the group down so she did it even though she was scared and didn’t want to. You should always have courage to do things because those things might change your life.

This quote by J.K. Rowling is true because if you need to stand up to an enemy than you don’t really care about them but you care about a friend. Let’s say if an enemy is bullying your friend then your going to stand up to the enemy. It’s easier to stand up to this enemy because to you they are a grain of sand and you don’t care about them. If your friend is bullying en you want to stick up to your friend but you don’t want to hurt your friend’s feelings but you know what is the right thing to do. So it is harder to stand up to a friend than an enemy but always remember always do the right thing even if it hurts you inside.

4. What is courage. Courage is when you take a big step in life. It’s like if you are trying out for a role or a position in something, you think that you can do and you’re going to do great. When I was trying out for baseball when I was six years old, I said to myself I can do it and if I don’t make it I would keep on trying. And guess what I made the team and that’s all because I worked hard, had courage, and believed in myself. If you do that you are going to do awesome.

Some people might think it takes a great amount of courage to stand up to your enemies and even courage to stand up to your friends. I agree; standing up to your friends is so much harder then standing up to your enemies. One time one of my friends Miley was giving back a jacket she barrows to her other friend and accidentally hit them in the face with the jacket. And her friend started yelling at Miley so I sad stop yelling at her it was an accident. That didn’t take much courage it was the right thing to do. But another time my friend was making fun of my brother, and I was hesitant to say stop it but I finally got enough courage and said that is not nice and pleases stop it. That took so much courage because I was scared she would get mad at me and stop talking to me.

5. The quote is true because if you have a relationship with somebody, you would not want to hurt them. Standing up to your friends is a very difficult situation because you do not know what might happen after you stand up to them. If you are standing up to an enemy, you do not have a close or personal connection to them, meaning that you are not as invested in their feelings opposed to a close friend. One time, I witnessed this. Lindy was saying hurtful words to Susie, and Susie was upset. Susie did not want to make Lindy upset, but she did not like the way that Lindy was treating her. Susie stood up to Lindy and told her how she felt. I could tell it was hard for Susie to talk to Lindy, but in the end, Susie and Lindy made up. Standing up to friends is difficult, but in the end everything will turn out right.

Courage is having enough bravery to do a task that might be out of your comfort zone. If you have courage, you have faith and hope. You can believe in things that the chances are very small. Courage is many different character traits packed into one word, courage. If you are ready to change the world with a smile on your face, you have courage. Being courageous means to be strong. Courage is something we all have waiting to come out.

6. To me courage looks like somebody stepping out of there comfort zone. It’s somebody doing something that they were nervous about but they did it anyways because they have courage. When somebody does something that they felt unsure about but they knew that it was the right thing to do. An example would be when you see your friend doing something wrong and you had the courage to tell them. A person who has courage is a very great person and does the right thing.

The quote from J.K. Rowling is very true. It’s true because its easier to have courage in front of somebody that hasn’t been very close/nice to you. Having courage and standing up to somebody who is your friend is harder because its somebody who has been a nice person to you and you don’t want to be mean to them or cause a fight. You wouldn’t want to ruin the friendship because you have courage to your friend.

7. Imagine a world without courage. It would be so boring, everyone would be quiet and reserved, nobody would have any friends because they never had the courage to just go up and say hi. Nobody would ever do anything interesting or brave. Courage is people defying their fears and being brave, letting others know that they are not just average, they are interesting people that are going to stand up to the world no matter how hard it is. Anybody can be courageous, you just have to realize that you are something more than your fears, that you are somebody that stands out in the crowd as the one that is not afraid to do the right thing.

It may seem like standing up to your enemies and telling them that they are doing something wrong would be harder than saying that to your friends. Some people may think that way, but I believe that it is harder to stand up to your friends, the people that like you and trust you, than to stand up to your enemies, who you really don’t like. Think about it. You may be afraid that, if you stand up to your friends, that they might not like you anymore and stop being your friend. Your enemies, though, you have no friendship to lose with them, and the person that they were being mean to might even become your friend because you told off the person that was bullying them. I believe that anyone who can stand up to their friends is a really courageous person.

1. “It may seem like standing up to your enemies and telling them that they are doing something wrong would be harder than saying that to your friends.”

8. A firefighter running into a flaming house to save someone. That could be courage, but most likely the firefighter is wearing a flameproof suit, and has been trained just for that moment. A person who sees a friend cheating on a test, or bullying someone, and turns them in, has courage to me.

J.K. Rowling’s quote, “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” Is true. For example: If Sally and Susana are best friends, and Sally wants to climb a tree, but Susana is afraid of heights, and Sally tries to make her climb the tree, it would take much more courage to say no to Sally, then someone Susana hates. If a friend tries to make you do something you do not want to do, whether it is on purpose of not, say no.

9. Ah, the cool breeze of courage. Courage is to be free from what you believe in, what (or who) you want To stick up for. To have courage is when people lead other people into battle or firefighters saving someone’s life. They all have courage because they are risking their lives for someone else’s life and they would do it in a heartbeat. It doesn’t necessarily mean people have to risk their Lives to have courage. It can just be someone who pushes them self to exceed their fears Or actions. It could be a little girl going up to a nice dog that doesn’t look too nice or someone who performs in front of hundreds of people. Don’t just think about courage, have courage…

Sometimes my best friends are my most feared enemies. Friends take a lot of courage to stick up to because you want friends but you want nice friends. It would be easier to stick up to an enemy because you don’t really like them. I was walking to school one day and I saw these group of girls picking on this innocent little girl on her shoes, she didn’t know what to say so she just sat there very upset. It was one of her best friends that was making fun of her. Later that day she walked up to her and started to talk very soft and once her “best friend” pushed her buttons she had that courage to tell her that she didn’t like what she did. I was very proud of her, we became good friends. We are still friends till this day. Standing up to one friend can give you a lifetime of courage.

10. To have what it takes and to have the guts to do something extraordinary is what I feel courage looks like. When someone like my friend just jumps out to help a person no matter if they look stupid somehow or if they have something bothering them, that just explains that she has enough courage to do that. When you do something like that it truly means you have the guts and you have what it takes.

I agree with J.K Rowling about his quote. It is so true because your enemies are people you despise but your friends you love and care about. So it takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies because maybe your to afraid to get up in their face and say that they aren’t doing something right. To stand up to your friend you would have even more courage because your friend is someone you don’t want to hurt their feelings so it’s probably takes an absolute lot of courage to get up in their face and say that they are doing something wrong. I saw someone doing this same thing to their friend. Now that just takes courage, and courage is a hard one hard thing to do.

11. Bravery and making the right decisions is courage. Just saving someone isn’t the only thing courage is about it’s also making the right choice and sticking up for someone or yourself. Having courage doesn’t have to be giant steps it can be little steps in a good direction. I was courageous when my friend was being mean over messages to my other friend and I thought it was mean so I told them what I thought and that was having courage.Being courageous isn’t always in person it can be on messages too.Courage is doing something amazing and you have the choice to be courageous or not.

You love your friend and you don’t want to ruin your friendship by sticking up for yourself. I agree with this statement because when dealing with your enemy you aren’t so fragile with their feelings as much as you are with your friends. Onetime when my friends were hurting my feelings I didn’t know what to do because I didn’t want our friendship to end.I never ended up sticking up for myself until a week later. It can be really difficult to stand up for yourself to your enemy,but it takes even more courage to stand up for yourself to a friend.

1. “I agree with this statement because when dealing with your enemy you aren’t so fragile with their feelings as much as you are with your friends.”

12. Bravery, chivalry, daring to do something. Those are all words that are compatible with courage. For an example, a courageous person is a person who isn’t afraid to face something they fear, especially if it is for other people as well as them, or for rights of a living being. The Merriam-Webster’s dictionary definition of courage is “Mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.” It may be the official definition of the English language’s word “courage”, but for me it is different. My definition of courage is this…

Courage doesn’t have to be fighting for our country, laying your life on the line. Courage can be breaking your biggest fear of going on a big roller coaster or being who you are even if the world doesn’t seem to accept you. I’m not saying that our Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force aren’t brave. They are incredibly brave, risking their lives for the country they love. I’m saying that courage doesn’t have to be as big as that. To be courageous, it comes naturally. It is what you feel you need to do something about. Whether it is to end a feud, start a revolution, or stand up for a living being, courage can’t be forceful. To me, courage looks like anything that someone is brave enough to go against.

My absolute favorite author, J.K. Rowling, has a quote. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” This is true for me because a person you don’t particularly like, or in this case “the enemy”, is easier to stand up to because you don’t like them, so you can say what you feel easier. Let’s face it, you won’t feel as sorry for someone you don’t like if you insulted them, as opposed to offending your friend. For example, I can never build up the courage to stand up to my friends or family, but if someone I don’t like insults me, I will say something rude back. If it is my friend who is mean, I know that they aren’t a true friend, so I don’t feel as bad for them. Yes, I truly do feel bad for them, but not as bad as if it were my best friend. I don’t mean to sound mean, I mean to sound truthful. Courage is in you, even though you may not know it yet.

1. “Courage can be breaking your biggest fear of going on a big roller coaster or being who you are even if the world doesn’t seem to accept you.”

13. Courage to me is like confidence. You can have the courage to do almost anything, just like you can have confidence to do anything. It’s really hard to explain what courage is to me. It’s like going into a supermarket or something similar and then you see someone stealing and no one is doing something, you have to work up the courage to go tell someone that this is happening and that they need to work up the courage to do something. If you see examples in movies then a person, weather it be the hero or it be a side character, has to work up the courage to do something in the story line.

I believe that this comment is very true for a number of reasons. Such as: if you try to stand up to an enemy, you will have no problem making them mad or upset, or telling them that they are wrong and such, but if you are trying to tell a friend that, it’s a whole other story. You begin to worry weather they will get mad, or if they will start to cry or get upset, also the possible fact that they might not like you as a friend anymore and so on. So you define toy have to work up a lot more courage to stand up to your friends.

14. Being honest, Bravery, and believing in what you think is right. That’s what I believe courage is. The reason why I picked being honest is because it is sometimes hard to be honest because you don’t want to get someone in trouble. However, if you have enough courage you would tell the truth no matter how hard it is. Bravery is a good way to describe courage because it means to have strength no matter what may be going on in your life and to keep on trying. Believing in what you think is right fits the definition of courage because you are saying what you believe in no matter what other people say or think and that takes a lot of courage. Courage is certainly hard to have but it is certainly a great personality trait

Yes, I believe that the saying that J.K. Rowling came up with is true. In my opinion it is very difficult to stand up to one of my friends. It is more difficult to stand up to a friend because I feel like if I say that I don’t like the idea they won’t be my friend anymore even though their idea was wrong. I usually can’t build up enough courage to stand up to my family or my friends. I can however stand up to enemies. I can stand up to enemies because if they are calling me mean things that I don’t want them to it is easier to stand up to them. An example of when I stood up to my enemy was when I was in a fight with someone and they were saying mean things to me I told them to stop because it wasn’t nice. An example of when I stood up to my friend when she was being mean to my sister and I told her to stop.

1. “Bravery is a good way to describe courage because it means to have strength no matter what may be going on in your life and to keep on trying.”

15. To me courage is believing in yourself to be brave, and to step out of your confront zone. It takes courage to stand up to an enemy, it takes more courage to stand up to a friend. I think it dose take more courage to stand up to a friend rather than an enemy. One time one of my friends was being bullied and my other friend stood up for her, but the bully kept bulling my other friend. My other friend started getting upset, so she took out all her sadness and anger of being bullied on my friend, and I had to stand up to her to be nicer to her best friend. So I know how hard it is to stand up to your friend.

The quote from J.K Rowling is so true because you wouldn’t want to break you and your friends friendship. I also think it’s easier to stand up to someone who is maybe not your closest friend, but it is hard to stand up to your best friend. I think it is very difficult to have to stand up to your best friend, and take the risk of loosing your friendship. J.K Rowling must have gone through that experience to make that quote, and she must know how hard it is to stand up to your friend.

1. “J.K Rowling must have gone through that experience to make that quote, and she must know how hard it is to stand up to your friend.”

16. Courage is stepping out of your comfort zone. It’s standing up to a bully or a friend. To me courage is somebody who sees a kid being hurt and could be hurt too but, still goes up and confronts that person or bully. It’s standing up for what you believe in even if nobody is on your side. Courage is being brave.

I definitely agree with J.K. Rowling. It is so much harder to stand up to a friend instead of a enemy. A enemy is someone you dislike, so you already are mad at them. So when you see that person hurting someone else you don’t have to take time to decide you already know that you need to stand up for them. A friend is someone you care about and someone you don’t want to hurt. When you see a friend being mean you have to have a lot of courage to stand up to a friend because it’s someone that you never want to make feel bad.

1. “When you see a friend being mean you have to have a lot of courage to stand up to a friend because it’s someone that you never want to make feel bad.”

17. When no one stands up to a bully except for you, that is courage. Courage is also when you do something brave. When a person dares you to jump off a cliff and you do it because you want them to think your brave. That is not courage. When your the only person in your class who raises their hand. Even a little act like that is still courage.

What J.K. Rowling said is true because it is harder to stand up to your friends then your enemies because you don’t want to hurt or ruin your friendship with your friend. One example is when my friend was once saying that I had bad grades but I didn’t want to stand up to the person because I was afraid that they would be mad at me. It’s easy to stand up to a bully because you aren’t afraid to hurt them as long as you’re standing up for someone else. It is a lot easier to stand up to a bully then a friend.

1. “What J.K. Rowling said is true because it is harder to stand up to your friends then your enemies because you don’t want to hurt or ruin your friendship with your friend.”

18. Courage, on the outside it may be hidden but on the inside it shines. People may think that an average day person like you or me couldn’t be anyone’s hero, but we can. Everyday people are heroes, think of Rosa parks. She was a hero to many people, and all she did was stand up for what she believed was right. Anyone can do that, we just don’t believe in ourselves. I think anyone can be a hero, and I think we should start trying. From helping someone older cross the street, to saving someone’s life, it doesn’t matter you are still a hero. When someone tries to shut you down, be your own hero and build your self back up.

If I had the choice between standing up to my friend or enemy, I would chose my enemy. Although it may sound crazy but with enemies, you know you need to stand up to someone. With your friends, you are scared of what they may think. When I had to standup to someone who was picking on me, I was a lot easier then standing up to my friend who was picking on someone else. When you need it most, sometimes your courage abandons you.

19. Participating in a activity in a class you don’t like is courage to me. Running for a grade when you have pain in a bone looks like courage. The first one saying sorry in a argument is courage. Just fighting for it is courage. Taking a risk to see if the other person forgives you when you say sorry. Opening a door for someone that’s not really your friend is courage. There are so many names for courage in my mind such as instead of laughing at your friend when they fall, you help them up.

Enemies are still friends, but they are behind friends. They are friends but not as strong. Standing up to a friend is a big deal. They are your friend so it will count as more when you are stand up for them. Standing up for your enemies is kind but, it won’t count as much generosity then to a friend. It is more true to stand up to your friends because that is just more sweet than already being their friend. It is sweet that your there friend but sticking up for them is more. Helping a friend takes more courage because you are being more kind to them even though it is kind to be their friend but, this is more. In arguments there is a one hundred precent chance you with stick up for your friend. There was a argument against my friend and my enemy, I stood up for my friend, but I still regret that moment a little bit because they are my friend to but not as much.

20. Courage, means that you need to stand up for yourself. Like, when someone who argues with someone about something that they disagree on instead of just letting it go their way. I think of courage that way because I have seen it happen before and I have also done it before. What I mean by “arguing” is, lets said that two people are working on a project together. They both have an idea and one person says that they should do it there way. The other person has a choice which is she can just let the project be done the other persons way or she can say no, because she is standing up for her side, that’s a lot of courage to me. Use it properly and always talk things out. I have seen both of my good friends do it and it helped them out a lot. That gave me the courage to do the same in appropriate situations. I hope that many of you have a great understanding of courage, like I do. You need to know that everybody can have the courage to speak up, so use it when you need it, and make your mark.

I differently believe in this quote because I have had to stand up to a person a dislike and one of my really close friends. When I stood up to a person that I disliked it did take a lot of courage but not as much as the time a had to stood up to my best friend. My close friend and I had a disagreement it lasted you two days. When I finally had the courage to speak to her. It was rough but we got through it together, and that was the end of it. When I had to have enough courage I talked to her it was also rough but not as rough as doing that to by close friend. Unfortunately, the talk I had with the person that I disliked didn’t change a thing. The important thing is that I had enough courage.

21. Courage, is a hard trait to come by. When some one has courage they are willing to do something brave, out there, and sometimes it will be the people you least expect. Standing up to people that have bullied you is courage, standing up for someone else is courage. I have tried to stand up to my best friend because we always fought and it was hard. But when I got to school the next year and I could stand up to anyone, and sometimes my teachers, which got me in trouble. The good thing about that was I got to share my feelings, opinions, to a teacher where most people would shrug it off. Having courage makes you a leader, not a follower.

Enemies are strange, but you are stronger. Standing up to a friends takes more courage. My best friend always used to tell me that when I got bullied. People bullied me for being taller and bigger than most people. When I got a little older I started to take that saying to heart and stand up to bullies. But then I started to get my feelings hurt by my friends and I just couldn’t stand up for my self. I just laughed with them as my feelings got hurt. I had to find a point where I would just stood up to them and it wasn’t that bad. Friends will stop because most of the time they did not mean it. Stand up to a bully and don’t hid in the shadows.

22. Courage is someone standing up for something they don’t want to do. Courage to me is standing up to their best friend. For instance if their friend is bulling somebody don’t stand down for the bullied stand up! In a case of courage don’t be afraid to do something because you can do it. To have courage work hard in something that you think you can’t do. Like math work harder than all of your classes ask more questions put your self out there.

What takes more courage, standing up to a friend because you are scared to hurt them. Sometimes courage can be the big things of the littlest of things but I’m always scared I’m going to hurt either one of them. It is every hard when you have to stand up to your best friend but what’s gotta be done has gotta be done.

Over the summer I was scared to do a back flip(tuck) of a diving board but I used courage to help me threw my frights. Eventually I got enough courage to do the flip(tuck), I over came my fear and concurred it. Now I am not scared to do the flip(tuck) or any other dive. That was one scary fears that I used courage to defeat my fears.

23. Mrs. Cobb says not to say that courage looks like a tree jokingly, which means not to say it looks like a something you can touch, but I actually do think it looks like a tree because a tree is always growing, just like courage. It takes a long time for courage to grow, it’s growing bigger and bigger by the second, but just a little bit at a time. Eventually you will have so much courage and the tree will be super tall, yet it still grows. Sometimes you would think why it is important to keep your courage growing and why you need it, well, that’s because you might not realize it, but you are preforming acts of courage all the time! Like right not for example, you might not realize it, but right now you are preforming an act of courage by reading this. You aren’t afraid to read the next sentence, you keep going. You think that this is not that big of a deal, but this is just a little bit of courage. It doesn’t matter how much courage you are using, but it doesn’t matter if you are standing up to a bully or just read a simple sentence, your courage is always there no matter what. So next time someone asks you what you think courage is, think about it, then go on, start writing, use courage.

“It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” -J.K. Rowling, This quote is true, it does take a lot of courage to stand up to people you don’t get along with, even though you don’t really care about how they feel as much as your friends. With your friends, it’s a whole different case, you really do care about how they feel. You don’t want to hurt their feelings. It is is hard to stand up to your friends, but you will feel better after, and if you have to stand up to them, they’re most likely not going to make the right decision. It’s okay to fight a few times, but if you think they’re making the wrong decision a lot of times, then you probably shouldn’t be their friend. Something that happened to me was that I was super chatty in a class with my friend, and I didn’t want to continue, but I asked her to stop chatting to me so much, and we stopped talking, they were cool about it and I felt good afterwards. So it took me a lot of courage, but it ended up well. I felt really well after, so just be honest, your friend will understand. Trust me, you’ll feel better!

1. “So next time someone asks you what you think courage is, think about it, then go on, start writing, use courage.” I like the way you turn my tree example into a metaphor! Clever!

24. Courage keeps us going. It is something that pushes us to go on, something in our hearts or something that we can just feel in our gut. Most people say that courage is like a lion, or courage is just doing something brave. But it’s not just that. It never is. Courage is never just something. It is the ability to do something you feel is right, even though it might be something dangerous. But sometimes, courage is just standing up for one of your friends, or something you believe in. Courage is the ability to do something you are afraid of. For someone with a pretty ordinary life like me, courage might just be hitting a cockroach with a shoe.

Courage doesn’t always mean risking your life, or fighting an epic battle or getting involved in a war. Sometimes, courage is just little things, like mustering up the bravery to go up and say hi to someone new, or being who you want to be, even if others think you’re ridiculous, or weird. Courage is standing up for what you think. Air Force, Navy Seals, the American Army. They stand up for the country that they love. They also stand up for other countries when they are being attacked, terrorized, or fought against. Courage is doing things that will make some people happy. I used to think, actually about five minutes ago, that courage was just being really, really brave, and fighting wars. But I realized that it’s nothing like that at all. Courage can be something as small as saying, “They aren’t that mean.” to someone talking bad about your friend.

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your friends, but even more to stand up to your enemies.” – J.K. Rowling. This is one of my favorite author’s many wise quotes. This is true, in my opinion. If someone is being mean to me, I can always find some courage in my “vault” (my heart, I guess) to say some snappy, sarcastic comment back. That’s just kind of who I am. But when it comes to people that I usually respect more, like my friends and my parents, my courageous spirit always seems to have run dry. Usually, I will just mumble a “sorry” or a “I’ll do better next time”. It’s usually easier to stand up to someone you don’t like, because you won’t feel as sorry for them. My best friend can be kind of snappy at times, but I know she has troubles in her life too. The next time you ever need even a drop of courage, look in your vault. It has a habit of building up there.

25. To me courage is like being able to stand up to somebody, or it might take a lot of courage to talk to somebody you have never met before. When I saw a new girl come to school I wanted to be friendly and talk to her but everyone else wasn’t. I felt bad and rude, so I pulled myself together and talked to her. I was glad I did because she was nice and we became good friends. For me that took some courage to do because everyone was doing the opposite of what I wanted to do but I did it anyways.

Standing up to a friend takes a lot more courage to me. I remember when my friend and I were having a little argument and I was sick and tired of it, but I just let it go for a little. I wanted to say what I wanted to but I never thought I could because I didn’t know how she would react or feel about it. She could have felt hurt, sad, or angry, and probably would not want to be my friend anymore. I didn’t say anything until I couldn’t keep it in anymore, I said what I felt and it felt right. She was a little hurt but understood and that made me feel better. That took so much courage to do that for me honestly, because I have never really done it before. It did take a great deal of courage for me to stand up to my friend.

26. Standing up to someone is a hard thing to do. Everyone in their life has been bullied or has bullied someone else. Nobody speaks up because they are scared. That’s what a bully would want. If you are having a conversation with someone and this girl comes over and starts making fun of you. You have two options, to let her make fun of you or to have courage and speak up. It may not even be you who is getting bullied but if you want to show somebody what courage looks like then stand up to a bully or even a friend who is hurting someone else.

Standing up to a friend can be really difficult because you are scared to hurt their feelings. Standing up to an enemy is a totally different thing because you aren’t as scared to hurt their feelings as you would be to hurt a friends feelings. If you have heard that two of your best friends are bullying somebody else that you aren’t best friends with but you heard they are new and don’t have many friends. Stand up to your friends and say to them to leave that girl alone. If they get mad at you maybe they were not good friends to even start with. The bright side is you had the courage to stand up to them and you may have lost two friends but you just made a new friend because you did an act of kindness. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” This is a quote from J.K. Rowling that really inspired me.

1. ” It may not even be you who is getting bullied but if you want to show somebody what courage looks like then stand up to a bully or even a friend who is hurting someone else.”

27. I believe that courage is conquering your fear of someone or something or standing up to someone that you were scared of. When you have the courage to do something its kind of like a temporary superpower. If you stand up to someone once, you might just have the courage to do it again, so it could become permanent. Like Belle had the courage to befriend the Beast, and her father and everyone in the village had learned to accept the Beast. Cinderella had the courage to go to the ball and she ended up with her Prince Charming. Or even when we were little and we tried to run to the end of the rainbow, we never made it but we did try, and that’s pretty courageous.

I feel that J.K. Rowling’s quote is true. But I believe that it takes more courage to stand up to your friends than to your enemies. Your enemies might be easier to stand up to considering you don’t get along very well in the first place, so you may feel a bit courageous after you stand up to them. When you stand up to your friends its almost the complete opposite because when you stand up to your friend its not just any other person. Its that person that offered you a shoulder to cry on, that person that helped you conquer your fear, and that person that made you feel special. Even if you just became friends, when you stand up to them, there is a huge chance you will feel extremely guilty afterwards. But it only makes your superpower stronger, and that’s pretty fantastic.

1. “Or even when we were little and we tried to run to the end of the rainbow, we never made it but we did try, and that’s pretty courageous.” Love it!

28. Courage is when you keep going when you think you can’t. It’s when you really want to do something but your scared to do it and you do it anyway. Courage could be very something very small but it means a lot to you. Let’s say that that you want to make the swim team, or the volleyball team, or the soccer team at your school. You really want to make the team but your scared you won’t make it and you will embarrass yourself. If you have courage then you would go and try out if you don’t make it there is always next year If you do then that’s great. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it’s the courage to continue that counts”-Winston Churchill.

In my opinion the quote from J.K. Rowling is true. This is true because when you are standing up to your enemies it is scary but you’re enemies don’t mean anything to you. Your friends mean something to you and you don’t want to hurt them. You are at a sleepover with your friend and his or her mom told you to stay in the bedroom. Your friend wants to sneak out and go to the chic-fil-a three minutes away. You know it’s wrong you have to stand up to your friend even though you don’t want them to think your scared of getting in trouble. If they don’t want to be friends with you anymore then they were never your true friend. It takes courage to stand up to your enemies and your friends.

1. ” “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it’s the courage to continue that counts”-Winston Churchill.” Great quote!

29. Courage is something you don’t find often not everyone has it. It’s hard to stand up to someone, anyone if it’s your friend or an enemy it’s challenging. Standing up to someone can be scary at times like I don’t care what my enemy thinks about me if I stand up to them but, if I stand up to my friends I do care because their my friends. Courage in my opinion is strength, confidence, and hope.

“It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” This is so true! I don’t care what what my enemies think of me but, I do care what my friends think of me. Standing up to a friend takes more courage than stand up to an enemy. I remember one time were my friend and I were arguing over a silly little thing and I wanted to say something but it was really hard to stand up to my friend and finally I did and we are still friends.