“The Course Of True Love Never Did Run Smooth” 1.1.134

We begin Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream (AMND)

AMND is also referred to as a play-within-a-play. This is a five act play in which four separate plots interweave, and the setting is set in ancient Athens and a wood nearby. Each plot involves a different group of characters: Theseus, the Duke of Athens and Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons are preparing for their wedding day; two pairs of lovers who find themselves mismatched; a group of foolish townsmen who are preparing a play for the Duke’s wedding (play-within-a-play); and Oberon and Titania, king and queen of the fairies.

What do you think the title of this blog post means?

In this play, a dispute between father and daughter has serious consequences.

Should parents have the right to control their children’s lives?

How should differences between parents and children be resolved?

What are you looking forward to as we read this play?

Do you believe in fairies? What is your favorite fairytale and why?

(four quality paragraphs)

Tinkerbell at the garden show at Epcot

1. The phrase “The course of true love never did run smooth” means that love does not always turn out the way it should. Love can’t be perfect because humans aren’t perfect. Sometimes the vehicle on the crash course of love breaks or crashes. This is what happens in this story, when the parents take control and it all ends. It’s not always the parents though. One of the lovers, another person, or even magic (in fairy tales) can mess up the whole relationship.

I don’t think that the parents should have control of their kids lives and try to take over because then the kids wouldn’t have to make their own choices. Kids also have to realize that with choices comes responsibility. It’s important to be prepared for those kinds of situations and if they haven’t experienced those situations in a smaller case they won’t be prepared.

Differences between children and their parents should be resolved through compromise because that way they could both have what they want. In this play I’m looking forward to the Olde English that will be said during the play. I’m also looking forward to the Shakespearean insults that will be said by the townsmen.
    Since I haven’t heard much Olde English I’m sure it will be fun to say.

I do not believe in fairies because that would be pretty ridiculous if a 12 year old boy believed in fairies and it doesn’t make sense. My favorite fairy tale is the three little pigs because it’s a fun story with logic. It also teaches you a little bit about construction.

2. The sentence, “The course of true love never did run smooth” has one definition for me. It explains that true love, in the course of history, has never been simple. True love between two people has always had a bump in the road. In multiple plays, two people have loved each other dearly, but one of the lover’s parents have disapproved of the choice. Although I don’t believe that it is fair for people to keep lovers apart, it is what has happened, and that can’t be changed.

I partially agree that parents should have control over their children’s lives for a few reasons. At a certain age, preferably beginning at ten years old, kids should try to make their own decisions. Also, the time in which children make their own decisions could be based on the child’s level of maturity. The only way that I think parents should step in is when the issue at hand starts to affect the child’s live adversely. Parents should definitely have input on an issue, but they shouldn’t make the child’s decision for them.

Some things that I am really looking forward to as we begin reading the play is what is to come of Hermia and Lysander. I like the fact that they took matters into their own hands about their relationship and ran off into the woods together. The last that I’ve learned about their relationship is that Lysander got put under the spell of a magic potion and fell in love with Helena, but that is all that I know so far. I must say that this part is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I also would like to learn more about what happens with the feud about the Indian boy.

To be honest, I truly don’t believe in fairies, but at one point, I did believe in them, although that was years ago. Even though there is no right or wrong answer, that is just my outlook on the topic. When I was little, I loved many of the fairy tales that most little children enjoy. If I were to pick one that I enjoyed the most, it would have to be the story of Cinderella. I loved it because I thought that there was a great twist behind the story itself; a prince fell in love with a girl who, at home, was treated very poorly. I also liked this story the most because I loved the romance and most of all, the ballroom part. Cinderella really did deserve true love.

3. The title of this blog means that true love is never easy to achive. True love is rare and it rarely happens on its own. The path to true love is stuffed with failure. This is what the title means.

Parents should have the right to control parts of their child’s life. Some parts like who they like and who their friends are should be the child’s choice, but some friends like gang members should be restricted. The parents should control school and gaming among other things. Differences between parents and children should be resolved by meeting midway, slightly swaying to who has the most experience in what ever it is about.

I will be looking forward to acting the play out when we read it. Stuff does not always stick with you in black and white, and will stick better with other things reinforcing it.

I don’t believe in fairies but my favorite fairytale is Peter Pan because he can fly and does not age. It just seems very funny to have a crocodile chasing a one-armed pirate, Captain Hook. This would be my favorite fairytale

4. I think the title means that love can never be perfect even though it is called “true love.” This is because there are always difficulties, such as you love somebody that doesn’t love you, one person follows you but you don’t want them in your life, or families can interfere with the love of two people. When this happens, even though you have found true love, that does not mean that everything will automatically work out okay.

Parents should have some control but not complete control like in Shakespeare’s time. They should have control over education, religion, and living location. This is controlled more or less depending on age. Differences between parents and children can. Be resolved by parents dictating, parents explain and child understands, or having an agreement. To me the best way to resolve is making a deal or agreement.

In A Midsummer Nights Dream I am looking forward to many things. I want to know what Shakespeare meant by the title, Shakespeare’s style of plays, and how the father daughter conflict resolves.

I do not believe in fairies because obviously they are not real. My favorite fairy tale was Peter Pan. I like it because it had good adventure and action throughout the story.

5. “The Coarse of True Love Never Did Run Smooth.” I believe this title means that love can never be perfect. In a relationship, there will be times when you argue over a certain concept. There will be disagreements in a relationship. If you do find your true love, your relationship will not be completely 100% relaxing.

I believe parents should have a say in our lives. They can tell me to get the mail or make my bed. I like it that my parents are watching over me and steering me in the right direction for my future. When it comes to marriage, I believe I should select that on my own. I don’t believe that I will like to marry someone that my parents don’t like when I get older. It will not be like the intro to A Midsummer Night’s Dream when Egeus wants Hermia to marry Demetrius. So, I believe parents should have control of almost all of our life. Differences between parents and children are tough to fix. I, personally, believe there is not one solution. You just have to deal with the differences for the rest of your life. Most parents and children have a special bond with each other that can’t be broken over small differences.

I am looking forward to many things in the upcoming play. One of the things that I’m interested in is if Lysander will fall back in love with Hermia, not Helen. If Lysander doesn’t, then will Demetrius finally convince Hermia to love him? If Lysander does fall back in love with Hermia, then will they keep running away or will they try something different? These questions keep me interested in upcoming play.

I am pretty sure that fairies do not exist. I have seen them in movies, but I personally have never seen one in real life. Fairytales always end with a happy ending, so that makes it hard to choose my favorite from all of the fairytales. Snow White is my favorite. I like the seven dwarfs. They are very amusing to watch. Snow White has always been one of my personal favorites.

6. The title of this blog post really says a lot. When people are in love, especially when they are meant for each other, there are a few bumps along their journey. I believe that when people are meant for each other, there will probably be more troubles for them then if they aren’t meant for each other. These challenges are meant to test the couple and prove that they are meant to be together. “The Course” represents the time that the lovers spend together during their relationship. “Never Did Run Smooth” means that their time together will not be perfect. It will have a few problems for the lovers to really test their loyalty to each other.

Parents should have a right to control their child’s life to a point. Parents know more about life then their child does. If a parent gives their child advice then they should probably follow it. Parents should also be able to decide if their child can date, go out with friends or play dangerous sports. The parent knows what could happen when their child does any of those things and are just trying to protect them. I don’t believe that a parent has a right to control everything in their child’s life. Parents need to let their child make decisions on their own and shouldn’t baby their child. If parents make all of their child’s decisions, then the child will never know how to deal with situations by themselves. Differences between parents and children should be resolved in a way that works for everyone. Parents can either tell their child to obey them or ask other people what they think the parent should do. For example, if a girl wants to date a boy but her parents don’t want her to date him because they don’t know anything about him, then they should talk to other people and see what they think about the boy. Another example is if the boy is a trouble maker, then the girl should just listen to her parents and trust their decision. This way does not really work for the girl but will help her in the long run. I believe that the disagreement should be resolved in a way that everyone likes. Although children may not agree with their parents, they need to accept that they know what is best for them.

As we read our book, I am mostly looking forward to hearing how people talked back in the time of Shakespeare. I think it is very interesting how our language has changed over time. People back then probably thought that their language would never change. I find myself trying to imagine how people will talk many years from now. I also am looking forward to acting out different parts of the book. I usually don’t like to act but I’m okay with it because I know the people that I am acting in front of.

Honestly, I don’t believe in fairies. I don’t think that they are real mostly because their magic seems very fake and unrealistic. If fairies were real, I think that life would be very different with them in it. I used to believe in the Tooth Fairy until I opened my eyes and saw my dad putting money under my pillow. My favorite fairytale is Peter Pan. When I was young, I always wanted to fly. This movie always made feel like there was a chance that humans could fly. I also like how the kids always stayed young and never grew up. I think that is why I really like Peter Pan. I could imagine that I would always be a kid.

7. In my opinion I think this title can only mean one thing but it can be said many different ways. I think that the title “The Course Of True Love Never Did Run Smooth,” means that true love is never easy. If you truly love someone there will be times where you fight for them, keep them comfortable in tough times, and always be there for them. If you give up on someone because times are getting hard then you don’t really love him or her. And usually no mater what if you love someone you will always love them unless they do something that makes you not love them. So the title mainly means love is never easy.

Parents should never have the right to control their children’s lives because if parents control their children’s lives then the will never get to experience the real world. Parents should only guide their children. They should give them the right idea of right and wrong but it is up to the children to make their own decisions. No one should ever control someone.

Differences between parents and children can only be resolved the simplest way. It may be hard but one of the two people have to go out of their way to tell the other person how they feel, then they have to fix it by not yelling. They just need to talk. And figure it out and solve the problem.

As we read this play I am looking forward to hopefully learning a lesson, and some very good quotes. I want to learn some quotes because I feel like quotes can help a lot through life when you are having good or bad times. And there is a lot of meaning behind Shakespeare quotes and I would like to find those meanings.

I myself do not believe in fairies. My favorite fairy tale though is Cinderella. I like it best because I like it how she does anything to be with the guy she loves.

8. I think the title of this blog, “The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth” means that the real true love always goes through its ups and downs. True love isn’t true until it goes through awful times and good times, but yet still stays strong. True love always ends with both people still madly in love and not mad or separated, that is when you know it’s true love.

To some extent yes, not like a schedule or choices, because when I make a mistake my mom helps me, but she lets me make mistakes. Kids would not do well at all if the parents controlled them, I also believe that kids should experience things, so its not new when they’re older. Yet, kids are stupid. For example, when my mom and I drive through a bad neighborhood, my moms always freaked out, but I’m not on edge at all. I also ask if I can walk around to find where the field is or where the game is being played. That is when my mom should protect me, even though no one would probably attack me. So yes, control, but no to much. I think a compromise would help, but truthfully parents always win. When I fight with my parents we usually just let it cool off then talk, but my families stubborn so no one can compromise unless we get something out of it.

I will like to be able to use my British accent and read both old English and modern English.

Like most of us I do not believe in Fairies, they seem ridiculous. I don’t see how one can be so small yet so capable of so much. They could easily be real, but for all I know they’re not. My favorite fairytale, being one of the few I know would probably be Pinocchio. I like it because it is a funny story and I actually enjoyed watching it as a kid.

9. I think the line “The course of true love never did run smooth” reflects the idea that when two people are meant to be together, there is always a lot of obstacles that come between them before they can be together. I already can tell that this concept will pop up in the book for sure. There are always challenges that people or couples have to go through to get to where they are supposed to be.

Rules and laws differ depending on where and when you live. For example, in Shakespeare’s time, a daughter must do what her father tells her to or else she faces death. Nowadays, things are not nearly as strict when it comes to father-daughter disputes. While I don’t believe that parents should have complete control over their children’s lives, they should have the right to direct them toward what they believe is right and wrong. We learn our rights and wrongs from our parents, and without their advice and contribution, we would go nowhere in life. When parents and their children disagree on something and have an argument, they should both have an equal input and respect each other’s points of view. After hearing both sides of the situation, they should come to a compromise.

I am excited for all of the plot twists that are hiding in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Those unexpected tangled plots will appear in the play and, since I am the kind of person who loves intriguing and exciting stories, I think I will enjoy this play. I am also looking forward to acting out all of the scenes in the play. I really think this will help me comprehend what is happening in the book.

Due to lack of knowledge and experience, I, among many others, cannot force myself to truly believe in fairies. In all fairness, no one in their right sense of mind has seen a real fairy, therefor have no proof that they do exist. On the contrary, fairies and their stories are fun to share imaginary fantasies as young children. My most cherished fairytale would have to be Jack and the Beanstalk because of all of the amazing treasures they are trying to get, and all of the remakes it has gone through over the years.

10. The sentence means is that when you think that someone is your true love and that you are destined to be with them, it will probably get disturbed. You can’t just assume that someone that you are dating at a certain time is your true love because your true love is someone that you will may or may not expect to be your true love, but once you encounter thus person you will immediately recognize it.

Parents play an important role in children’s lives. They help them make good decisions and assist them in times of need. That doesn’t mean that they should take over their lives because research says that over protective parenthood for too long can absolutely ruin them when they become adults and when it’s time for them to move out, all they can do is depend on their parents when they aren’t there. Parents help give people a good foundation but too much guidance will make them far too dependent.

I have never really known that much about Shakespeare so I don’t know really to expect. One thing I do now is that he has his own “language” that is using English words but it sounds like nonsense so it will be interesting to learn the language so I can speak it and nobody in my family will know what I’m saying. Plus the acting out will be fun because my drama classis right afterwards so I will get two periods of Shakespeare acting in a row.

The way to resolve an argument between kids and parents is having something that they both want. Yes, nobody is completely satisfied but at least the fight is over since you both have something that you desired in an agreement. Having one for all is better than having all for one because everyone is happy.

Normally for things such as fairies I believe in because I believe in having an open mind. The reason I believe other things such as angels and humans levitating through thought is because of experience or research. I have heard nothing about fairies or other relating mythical creatures.I belive in angels have a story in those but nothing comes to mind with fairies. So in summary I belive lots of crazy things an average person might not believe, but fairies is for now a not.

11. I believe the title of this blog post means many things, with these simple words having many different and ulterior meanings. But, to me, they mean that true love’s course is bumpy, and filled with many traps and bumps, but the course never deviates, and that’s the most important thing. For the course of true love to truly run smooth, the relationship, or “love,” must be perfect, and that shall never be possible, for we, as humans, aren’t perfect. We will always create or form those barriers or bumps that make true love’s course rocky, but I think that we (and Shakespeare) know that. There are many obstacles that will make the course of true love and happiness difficult to traverse, and I believe that is reflected in this line from Shakespeare’s play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

I believe that there is no true right or wrong answer about the question of control over their children by parents. To some extent, yes, parents should maintain a level of control over their child’s actions and being, but children are people too, and should be allowed to speak their mind and have input into decisions that affect themselves directly. In the first instance, adults should have control over their children, (remember, too an extent) for they know more, are more experienced, and generally can see the forest, where a child may only be able to see the trees. Parents have been through it, and for that reason, for the protection and safety of their children from harm or negative influences, parents should retain a factor of control over their child’s life. But, on the other hand, children have a right to be heard and have a voice. Children are educated, children are smart, and children are capable, and sometimes, I don’t think adults can see that, and may tend to patronize children, for they don’t know the full extent of their child’s abilities or perception. Contrary to popular opinion, children can make informed and smart decisions, and must learn to do so in order to be prepared for their lives ahead. It isn’t fair to put down children or shut them in a box, for then you don’t respect their opinion, and are, in a way, treating them as inferiors. I know, that, way back when, parents had all control, and if they told their children to jump off a cliff, they’d have to do so, or be thrown off. But, it isn’t the fifties anymore, and we must realize, and adults, come to accept that children are capable of making informed decisions and have a voice of their own. In addition, how are children ever to prepare themselves for the real world, in which decisions are made by you, and you alone, so that they can thrive and be prepared? If you just make all decisions for them, they’ll never know. Conflicts between parents and children should be resolved as you would any other situation. I think you have to sit down face to face and discuss it as two equals, not a parent yelling or ordering a child around. That is completely unfair to the child, as it’s a show of physical strength, the only thing children lack, which is often used against them by domineering adults. In conclusion, I think the solution to this question is a happy medium, one where the only sector in which parents can have absolute control over their children is the one in which directly correlates to the child’s health and state of mind.

I am very much looking forward to reading Shakespeare’s, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” I am interested in reading the story in Old to Mid English, the way it was meant to be read, and also to reading it in its original iambic pentameter phrasing. I have read, at my old school, some of Shakespeare’s tragedies, but am looking forward to reading one of his comedies. I am also looking forward to how Shakespeare weaves in the three plots with each other, which is a hefty task. Overall, I’m just excited to be reading Shakespeare!

No, I don’t believe in fairies, for it was something I never truly bought into. I never conceived the fact that there might be another race, hiding in the shadows, never emerging into our world. It just sounds plain silly as I say it right now. I could never look someone in the eye (like Jordan did in Drama last year) and give a convincing statement of such a nature without cracking up laughing. It was never something I believed, and, for said reasons, I never read or liked any fairytales. I never read them, never had my mom read them to me, and never chose to read a fairytale over another book. Instead, my mom and dad read me portions from other books, instead of fairytales, and I can tell you confidently that I didn’t miss out on a significant portion of my life. But, if presented with overwhelming evidence of their existence, I would be open to change.

1. Thorough response, Henry! Fairies really don’t have all that much to do with fairy tales. While there are some fairies in these stories, most do not have any “little people.” Snow White, Puss’n Boots, Rapunzel, and The Frog Prince, are just a few.

12. The title of this blog post, “The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth,” means that love is never straightforward. There are lots of curves and bumps on the way. Meaning that you cannot always get it the way you want it, if you get it that is.

In my opinion, no, parents should not have the right to control their children’s lives. Yes, I believe that they should have the right to have an influence on their child’s life and decisions, but not totally control them. Children should have the right to make their own decisions, instead of their parents making them for them. If this happens, then, like in the book, it can lead to major consequences.

Differences between parents and children should be solved by, the parents and children should calm down and talk to each other and try to resolve the problem themselves. Also, both the parents and the children should both talk and listen to each other and not fight, and from there try to solve it out.

I am looking forward to learning more about Shakespeare and the way he writes during this play. Also, I am looking forward to learning about how things were like back then. I would also like to learn about how language has changed from then to modern times.

No, I do not believe in fairies. My favorite fairy tale is Beauty and The Beast. This is my favorite, because I have read the book and watched the Disney movie. I always liked the movie, and sometimes my parents would read the story to me before bed when I was little. I also like it now, because it teaches the message that “beauty is not on the outside, it is on the inside.”

13. I think the title of this blog,” The course of true love never did run smooth,” 1.1.134. means that if you really love somebody there are going to be bumps or fights along the way. Love is not easy, but if you love the person you will stay with them even when things get bad. In the play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, I think there will be a lot of love, but there will also be a lot of obstacles and bumps along the way.

I don’t think that parents should have the right to control their kid’s lives. It’s the kid’s life, not the parents. Even though I understand why the parent would want to control their child’s life, they shouldn’t because the kid can speak and make decisions for him or her self. Differences between parents and children should not be resolved by fighting, running away, or ignoring one another. Instead, parents and their children should have a talk about what they think is best for the child and share their opinions. This way, both parent and child can say how they feel and why they feel that way about.

As we read this play, I am looking forward to getting to know the characters better, acting out the play, and learning how to interpret the words of Shakespeare better because right now they mean almost nothing to me. I think the characters’ personalities are really interesting, and I look forward to learning more about them. Acting out the play is and will be a lot of fun once we get more into it. Hopefully, by the time we are done reading, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, I will be able to understand what Shakespeare means in his plays.

Honestly, I believe in fairies, and I don’t know what my friends are talking about! They are crazy! Obviously, there are fairies because how else would I have gotten money under my pillow when I lost my teeth when I was younger?! Those people are just haters, and they need to lay off because everyone knows deep down that fairies are real. When all you kids were younger, you loved fairytales. Who do you think wrote them?! People… NO fairies!! They aren’t called peopletales!! How would a mere mortal know about the magic of Tinkerbell? They wouldn’t! Only fairies that knew Tinkerbell and Peter Pan could write about them. Only the fairy godmothers who helped all the princesses could tell the true story of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and many more. Anyway, my favorite fairytale is the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses because I love all the dancing and how the princesses sneak out every night to dance and have a great time. It sounds like so much fun!

1. One of the books in the class library is a retelling of your favorite fairy tale…..Princess of the Midnight Ball

Who finds all the socks that get lost from the washer to the dryer? The sock fairy!

14. I think that the quote means that true love doesn’t go the direction you want it to go or the way you want it to happen. There is always going to be boundaries that get in the way of what you want to happen. You also have to realize that it won’t always go smoothly and there is going to be a few bumps in the road.

Yes, I think that parents should have control, but only for a certain period of time. For an example, parents should start letting their children do more things they want to do by the age of ten, and slowly but surely let them have more control until they are eighteen. When you are eighteen you’re an adult and should do whatever you want to do, knowing that you may not always make the right decision or choice, but have to take the chance. Hermia should have the freedom to marry Lysander if she wants because she is old enough to make her own decisions. To resolve some problems the parents and children should become better communicators. By asking and answering in detail what will take place Hermia and her father will have a better understanding about the marriage.

During the play I’m looking forward to knowing what will happen with Hermia and her father, if she will die, become a nun, or marry Demetrius. Since we saw a little part of it in English class and know that Hermia runs in the woods with Lysander, I wonder what will happen next.

I truly do not believe in fairies, but when I was little I use to believe in the tooth fairy. I was always really excited when she would come to take my tooth and give me money. I was heart broken when my friend told me that the tooth fairy wasn’t real. My favorite fairytale is Beauty and the Beast. It’s a story about a father who is taken by an ugly beast, but luckily his daughter came to the rescue. I think that the fairytale was really sweet. The girl ends up falling in love with the Beast after she spends time with him unwillingly. In the end of the movie they fall in love with one another and live happily ever after.

15. There’s a saying that anything worth having doesn’t come easy. Love is the ultimate thing people want to get. So, it can’t be expected to come easy. The title, “The Course Of True Love Never Did Run Smooth” 1.1.134, means just that. Since the beginning of time, people have wanted to be in love. And, it has never been easy.

As long as parents are providing children with what they need, mothers and fathers should have the right to some control over their children. Until children are able to make their own decisions and provide for their own needs, parents are required by law to provide for them. If I was giving my child a home, food, clothing, education and everything else, I would expect to have some control over what they do with those things. But, I don’t think parents should have a right to control everything their child does. If children prove they are responsible, parents should give up some of that control and let children make decisions for themselves. When it comes to safety though, parents should have all the control.

In our family, we resolve differences by talking about things and discussing each side of an issue. In the end, my parents have the right to make major decisions. But, they let me offer my opinion and reasons for the way I feel. So far, I think all of the differences in our family have been solved this way.

From what I know about Shakespeare, his plays are sometimes hard to understand. I look forward to getting more familiar with his plays and how to read them. I also like a mystery and figuring out what is going on in the play should be fun, especially if there are several plays within plays going on at the same time. I don’t really believe in fairies but I do like fairy tales because they allow you to use your imagination. I am not sure if Shrek would be considered a fairy tale like Snow White, but it would be my favorite if it is.

16. The quote “The course of true love never did run smooth,” means that even if two people are in love, some things or people might get in the way. (Like how Egeus is keeping Hermia from marrying Lysander) This happened often in ancient times and even now there are arranged marriages. This is not fair to the two lovers who are forced to split apart. In most countries we are allowed to marry who we like and that is generally what people want.

Parents should have control of their children to a point. Young kids cannot make decisions so parents have to lead them through life and make some decisions for them. As children get older, they can handle deeper responsibility so they should make more decisions. Life altering chooses for someone should be taken by that person only, even if parents insist. Kids should cut their parents some slack if they are being control freaks. They live under their parents roofs so parents should get the last say. Controlling children’s lives is another thing. Kids should be able to do what they want. Their choices effect their life. Arguments between parent and child should be resolved by the parent being reasonable but also deciding the appropriate choice. The parents do work to give kids nice lives.

I am excited to read a play written by one of the most famous writers in William Shakespeare to start. I am also looking forward to seeing the weird language and writing from that time. I am unsure if the language was different of Shakespeare was creative. I think it might be both. The acting part is always exciting and I love drama. I think the Shakespeare we do in drama will be a lot of fun, too.

I do not believe in fairies, but there is no proof that they don’t exist. We normally blame fairies for lost items and who knows wether that is true or not. The homework fairy does occationally visit me. My favorite fairy tale is “Jack and the Beanstalk” because the absurdness of it is fun to think about. Really, magic beans with a giant guarding golden goose eggs. I don’t think so. Anyway, it does have very human aspect to it such as curiosity and a desire for wealth. It gives a lesson and gets people’s imaginations flowing.

17. The saying “The course of true love never did run smooth” means that true love can happen, but some things will get in the way of it. A perfect example of this is how Hermia and Lysander run away from Athens and into the woods.

When it comes to parents, my opinion is very precise. I think that parents know best, so they should be allowed to make decisions, but kids are also very independent, so they should be able to make decisions on their own as well. I think that arguments between parents and children should be solved in the simple way, sitting down and talking it out. A good relationship between parents and children is important, so balance is crucial.

In this play I am looking forward to seeing how the plot unfolds. It seems to be a very interesting concept. I want to see if Lysander and Hermia manage to get together. I am also looking forward to seeing the English of Sheakspeare compared to the English of today, because back then it was so different! It will be interesting to see if I can make a connection between the two types of English. Overall, I am very excited to read this book!

Honestly, I don’t think that faries exist whatsoever, but there is no evidence disproving their existence.I always used to get excited when I lost a tooth because I “knew” that the Tooth Fairy would come and give me money. Thinking of fairies, my favorite fairy tale is probably Beauty and the Beast, because it is very interesting how the people turn into household objects that you might find in a castle.

18. “The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth.” I think that means that love is not always an easy thing. Sometimes, love can be the one thing that is dragging you down. True love can be very difficult and is never perfect. But, love can be the most amazing thing that happened to you. I think there is a true love for everyone out there!

I think that parents should control their child’s life to a certain point. I think parents should be there to help, guide, and pick you up when you fall down. I don’t like the idea of parents thinking they have a right to control and own someone’s life. I think that the child and the parent have to listen to each other. I think parents and children should totally listen to each other and communicate. I think communication is a big key thing in all sorts of relationships. Parents should be able to trust their child and have some freedom. Parents should be allowed to give advice. People can make decisions on their own. No one should be ‘owned’ by someone. But, I would be lying if I said I would be heartbroken if I didn’t have my mommy at my side when I needed her! My mommy is a bit crazy, but I still love her!

I think Shakespeare is a really cool person. His writings still influence the modern world today. I heard it was really good, and it was a little weird, but a good kind of weird! I hope it won’t be complicated to read, but hopefully it’ll be a good book!

There are times when I believe in fairies, and there are times where I don’t. I think we don’t know about the world that much to conclude if there are fairies or not. The Earth is a pretty big place, and we still don’t know much about it. I think anything exists until they are proven with a lot of evidence that there aren’t real.My favorite fairytale is “Aladdin.” It’s not really a fairytale, but I love the movie. I watched as a little baby and I grew up with that movie! I think I will never stop liking that movie! I like it because it shows that when you know you have a true love, hat you should fight for it, no matter what the consequences is. I also like it because I LOVE the genie and the monkey!

19. In A Midsummer’s nights dream Lysander states to Hermia: “The course of true love never did run smooth” (1.i. 134), in this sentence true love is being compared to how a river flows. If true love was a river then it wouldn’t run smoothly. Shakespeare uses metaphoric language, to emphasis that true love always encounters problems or difficulties, love is never easy and sacrifices must be made; it is a course with many curves and many obstacles that we must face. Hermia’s father Egeus is against Hermia getting married to Lysander, furthermore, Theseus is threatening with death if she does not listen to her father. Lysander reassures Hermia that true love can overcome any type difficulty or challenge, including; differences in age (“missgraffed in respect of years”: 1.i. 137) and difficulties caused by friends or “war, death or sickness” (1.i. 142), which make love seem “swift as a shadow, short as any dream” (1.i. 144). Shakespeare uses similes to highlight the play’s exploration of the theme of love’s difficulties and presage of what lies ahead for Lysander and Hermia. These lines also inaugurate that in order to live their romance, lovers must persevere and, take on their difficulties as best they can as they arise; they will face great difficulties but will persevere and ultimately arrive at a happy ending.