Utopia ~ Your “Perfect” Society

Students, we begin prereading discussions on The Giver by exploring utopias. By  definition, a utopia is an ideal and perfect society in which everyone lives in harmony and everything is done for the good of its citizens.

Describe what a “perfect” society means to you.

Who should be in charge of the “perfect” society?

Would you rather live in a “perfect” society or a flawed one?

Name some aspects of our society which are flawed and could be improved. What improvements would you make? (for example: more affordable health care, crime rate, etc. )

A new video was added to the page at the top. While the anniversary of 9/11 has passed us, this is an inspiring video of the boat lift evacuations of lower Manhattan. If you want to see true examples of heroism, watch this video. This is digital storytelling at its best.

1. To me, a perfect society would be where people would help each other, especially people that they didn’t know. For example, when you are visiting family, and you are taking pictures of each other, a person you have never seen in your life asks if you would like for them to take a picture of our whole family together. Maybe you are shopping, and the peanut butter is on a high shelf that you can barely reach, and you are trying to move the containers to find the kind you like. Another person that you do not know comes up and helps you look for the peanut butter. When you cannot find it, she recommends another kind.

In a perfect society, a few elected people should be in charge, each having equal power, however, when there is an issue, the people should vote on it.

I would rather live in a flawed society, because for there to be a completely “perfect” society, one in which everyone gets along and there are no conflicts, mind control would have to be used on everyone if this were the case, which in my opinion, would make it a society that was not perfect. Unless people change a lot in personality, I doubt that a so called “perfect society” would be possible.

Some things in our society that could be better are the amount of people unemployed, health care that can be afford by everyone, wars, and the amount of young people that die fighting them.

1. I think that if we tried to talk things out more, we would be involved in less wars. Wars cost a lot of money, so if there were less wars, there would be more money that could be used for healthcare and jobs.

1. I like your idea about having a few leaders with equal power, and having the people vote on decisions. It would be nice if a stranger helped me reach the peanut butter! 🙂

1. Sara and Brooke, wouldn’t make sense if there were no leaders because it would be in a perfect society. I am just trying to make you girls to think in a different way.

2. To me, a perfect society would have no wars or disagreements. It would also be a place where everyone is kind to everyone and no one would ever make fun of you for how you dress or what you like to do. I would not have wars or disagreements because then people get hurt and then no one is happy. I would not have people making fun of other people because that is bullying and I believe that bullying is wrong and no one deserves to be treated badly, ever.

I think that in a perfect society there should be two rulers, a girl and a boy. I think that there should be both a girl and boy in charge because then you would not have to worry that the girl were making decisions to only benefit the females of the society, and boys only make decisions to benefit the males. I also think that the decisions would be better if there were two opinions to help decide. The two rulers must work together well, too, in order for there not to be arguments.

I would rather live in a flawed society. I think living in a flawed society would be better to live in because in a perfect society, everything would be so perfect that you would never have anything fun because everything would always be the same and nothing would ever different again. Also happiness would not exist because without saddness there is no happiness. Same goes for the other feelings and their opposites.

Our society has flaws that could be improved. One flaw that I know that I would try and improve first about our society is the problem of bullying. Bullying hurts tons of innocent people every day who don’t deserve it. Another flaw is the problem of crimes. Every day some crazy person feels the urge to rob someone of their prized possessions that the robber probably couldn’t afford in the first place.

1. I could fix the bullying problem by giving out punishments after bullying has been seen more than three times from one person. The punishments could be like our mark system. I could fix the robbery problem by awarding punishments to people if they are caught even thinking of stealing something from someone, then if they did steal something and were caught the punishments would be much more severe. I would also hook up every home with complementary top of the line security and security cameras to make sure the criminal was caught. I would also have night time police roaming the streets to watch for trouble.

3. A Utopia is a perfect society. In a perfect society, everyone who wanted a job had one, and everyone would get along perfectly. In a Utopia, families get along well and have a great time together. They do not fight over silly things, of say something very rude. A perfect society would have no wars, or fights. In a perfect society, you wouldn’t have to pay to get treated for a sickness, or go to a check up at the doctors. In a Utopian society, there would be nothing wrong with the world.

To be in charge of a Utopia, you would have to know what the people want, and I think it should be a democracy.

I would definitely live in a society that has flaws. I would choose this because we learn off of our mistakes. If we lived in a perfect society, we wouldn’t even feel as though we are in a perfect society. These days, we have to pay so much for everything. In a perfect society, there wouldn’t be a lot to pay for because everyone has a job and money. In a perfect society, children would not be rude to parents or to teachers. These days, we are very rude to both parents and teachers. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to live in a Utopia, but it would be so hard to live up to its perfect society.

1. “In a perfect society, children would not be rude to parents or to teachers. These days, we are very rude to both parents and teachers.” Why?

4. To me, a perfect society is a society without crime or illnesses. There is a lot of different crime that goes on. Crime is a big factor because people get hurt, killed or robbed every day. Criminals break into houses or stores and either hurt people, kill people or steal from them. Victims of crime don’t have any control over what the criminal does to them. Illnesses are another big factor for me. I would like to see a society where nobody is hurt or ill. People aren’t able to work when they are sick, or even worse, people get sick and die before they have a chance to really live and enjoy their life.

I think that there should be ten people who rule in my perfect society. These ten people would be like a committee who decide what they think is best and then the rest of the people in the society would vote to decide what is right for the community. That way, people know it is not one person making the mistakes or doing the right thing. It is everybody’s decision. That is how I think a perfect society should run.

I would not want to live in perfect society because that would be really boring. I would want some flaws in society, but I would want the bigger flaws fixed. For example, I would want some crime for the police men so they can keep their jobs, but I would want to make sure that nobody was killed or seriously injured. I would want people to have challenges, but I would want all of the serious illnesses gone so people can live there life to the fullest.

In addition to crime and illness, some of the main things that I think are flawed in our society are the cost of living and the unemployment rate. There are too many people who can’t afford to buy the basic things they need. We could improve the cost of living by limiting the cost of making the things that people need to buy survive like houses, food and clothes, etc. If things don’t cost as much to make, they won’t cost as much to buy. To improve the unemployment rate we need to make everyone work. We need more jobs that people can have where they can make enough money to live off of. I think our society would be better if we could fix some of these problems.

5. A perfect world to me is where peace is everywhere and nobody is ever upset. There would be no wars or quarrels of any sort and everyone is equal. No one would stir up trouble and happiness is in the air. People would love and adore each other. There would be no world hunger or poverty and no global warming.

For a perfect society and world you would need a proper government. Instead of a president there would be a few people that had equal amount of power over people. Together they would make decisions that benefit everybody and not just certain individuals. It would still be democratic government.

I would want to live in a flawed and perfect scociety. In a perfect society everyone is perfect there is no improvement to be made and it would be boring. However in a flawed society there are constant issues. If you put the two different scocieties together you get in my opinion a very well balanced world and environment.

There are two improvements that need to be made in our society. Number one is that all the crime we have. Murder, burglary, theft. All these things need to be solved. In order to do that there needs to be harsher consequences and better police force that makes thieves think twice about doing things. The second improvent is going green. Recycling and driving Eco cars is a start. Conserving energy and water is important too. A way to improve this is to start making it mandatory to recycle and save energy. Another big thing is to start finding a new energy resource like hydrelectricity. The world would truly thank us for making it a cleaner and healthier place to live.

6. There is no such thing as a utopia in reality. If there was we would have to change the meaning of the word. If there was ever a utopia, there would be no purpose for anything. It is also not possible for everything to live in harmony because everyone is different. A truly “perfect” society is one where everything is handed to you on a fancy plate. No one has to work for anything and we are completely isolated to other people. In a truly “perfect” society, no one would be in charge of anyone else, because since everyone has different opinions, and, “you can’t please everyone,” somebody would think that the leader was wrong and that would create a conflict, which would be not allowed, the person would be punished. That would start an even bigger conflict, and the entire world would become chaos.

In my perfect society, there has to be conflict. Not conflict where people are wounded and killed but small arguments throughout civilization. If there wasn’t, we couldn’t learn from our mistakes, life would never change and no one would ever be happy. I know this sounds cheesy, but everyone would help each other and accomplish what is necessary. Everyone would be equal compared to each other regardless. Do not misunderstand this and think that that means everyone gets the same things in life. You get what you want on a level that is based on how hard you work. That does not mean you should get treated any differently. People would have to hide what they have worked for from everyone but their closest friends in order to have everyone treated the same. This will never happen in real life unless to one person with the greatest intentions in the world creates mind control. I say that because if this actually happened and it got out that this was my idea, I would be assassinated. That is just how modern day civilization works.

If you cannot already tell, I would 1 billion% rather live in a flawed society. But that does not mean that the average American’s living conditions of 2011 are acceptable. The only way society would be realistically better, is if a number of huge companies broke through the modern world, opening jobs for all those unemployed, not retired, but unemployed, and those unhappy with their jobs. There would have to be a few public homes, only open to a certain amount of people, and permanent. Those are a few ideas off of the top of my head, but don’t get me wrong, there are many more aspects of life that can be improved.

1. “In my perfect society, there has to be conflict. Not conflict where people are wounded and killed but small arguments throughout civilization. If there wasn’t, we couldn’t learn from our mistakes, life would never change and no one would ever be happy.”

7. Perfect. For me, perfect is something with no flaws, and something or someone that has nothing to hide, that has done nothing wrong. The word perfect comes from the Latin word perfectus that means completed, completed means that it’s completed and isn’t missing anything, it’s perfect.

In a perfect society for me everything would work out. Nobody would have debt, everybody’s insurance would cover everything, nobody would steal anything, and everybody would get what they want. In a perfect society, nothing would ever get broken, your arm or leg, your heart, or a new fancy product you just bought. Friendships and love would always last forever, and things don’t always have to change. Everything would always work out well, and everything would always work out right.

In a perfect society, where everything is just swell, the ruler would have to be some creep that controls minds. It’s only possible to live in a perfect world with brainwash. It wouldn’t be possible any other way, because there’s no way that every person could get alone with everyone, and never make a mistake because we are only human, and nobody is perfect, you can’t have a perfect society if nobody is perfect.

If I had the option to live in a perfect society, I would turn the opportunity down. I would chose to live in the same flawed society that we live in now. I would like to keep things the way they are because in a perfect society, then we’d all just be brainwashed, and I prefer my brain figuratively speaking dirty, and unwashed. I don’t like arguing with anyone, but if we all got along, we’d all be friends with everyone, being friends with everyone would be fine, but we’d all be so busy pleasing everyone else, that we’d have no personal time.

You could say there are a few problems with the world we live in. One of the largest problems we have is the large unemployment rate, and rising debt that we are in. One of the ways to decrease our large debt bill, would be to stop the frivolous spending. I don’t really have a clue how to fix the rising unemployment, but when our debt goes down, that will probably help it a little. Many other problems we have are issues like bullying and crime. There are many stupid people out there who still are mean to people, and still do things that are bad, even when they know it’s wrong. I think a way to fix this would be to show awareness like how mean it is to bully, and how wrong it is to break the law.

1. “I would like to keep things the way they are because in a perfect society, then we’d all just be brainwashed, and I prefer my brain figuratively speaking dirty, and unwashed.”
      🙂

8. In a perfect society everybody should be equal.Also people should help each other espacially people in need.There should be no death or sickness.People should be friendly.Nobody should ignore people that they dont know even though theythink the people are weird.

Nobody should be in charge.People should know what is wrong and what is good.They should have there own thoughts without anybody telling them what to do.Also they should be able to do whatever they want to do as long as it is good.

I would rather live in a flawed society because there would be nothing bad in a perfect society and I would get bored.In a flawed society bad things happen and we make mistakes.We all learn from our mistakes.That is how heros are made.

In our society everything is really expensive and most of the people who do not have a lot of money do not get to go to school,and when they grow up they have a hard time finding a job.They also canot buy a lot of supplies like food,water, ect… Our society would be much better without any of these problems

9. A perfect society to me would be where everyone who lived there got along well. Everyone would be friends with everyone and there would be no fights or rudeness. No one would do anything that could possibly hurt someone else. People who do nice things for each other and help them. There wouldn’t be any wars or poverty like in reality. In a perfect society, everything would be perfect!

If it were up to me, a perfect society would be ruled somewhat like ours now. I like how one person is in charge of everything, but that person has lots of help to live up to expectations. It helps people get along better when they work together. What I would change is when something goes wrong or a mistake is made, one person is blamed for everything that doesn’t go well. In a perfect society, there would be several presidents and a few more vice presidents to help. Also, when something bad happens, no one would be blamed and the problem would be quickly fixed.

If I was able to choose if I could live in a perfect society or a flawed one, I would say neither. I’d be in between. An absolutely perfect society would have no fun, nothing to be helped. People enjoy helping society. If nothing ever went wrong, life could get a bit uneventful. Living in a completely flawed society wouldn’t be too much fun either. Everyone would always be having to fix things and people would get away with doing bad deeds. In a reasonable society, where I would like to live, there would be few flaws, nothing that couldn’t be fixed. There would also be some perfect things that should always stay the same.

We live in a more flawed than perfect society. There are thieves and many more people who enjoy doing mean things. Everything that we can do is already being done to stop that, but it’s hard to catch people who run away quickly. Another issue in our society is pollution. It’s trying to be stopped, but we just have to try harder. More people need to clean up their trash and not just leave it there waiting for someone else to get to it. Also, all these wars should be stopped! If one person stops fighting, the other will realize that there’s no point in fighting alone.

1. “Also, all these wars should be stopped! If one person stops fighting, the other will realize that there’s no point in fighting alone.”

Very true

10. When I think of a perfect society, I think of peace and harmony throughout people and the whole world of citizens. I think the person that should be incharge is someone who can settle bickering with compassion and understanding, a person with a heart for the people. If I picked to live in perfect or flawed, i’d be in the middle of it because if everything was perfect then where will their be no competitive sports or war or our soldiers to look out for danger. An if all their is is danger, the world will be a bitter and horrible place.

The changes that I would change to the negatives of our earth is definitely more health care everywhere. Also, Having people turning the other direction, the good direction, especially for criminals out there. If people can learn to compromised the world will be safe and calming. Another thing I would change to this mixed up world would be people helping other people who need help or serious help from others. Helping others is a stupid quality that will need to fix with everyone including me. Then we can help the world more. I know that these quality would only happen if the whole world was hypnotized into being a peaceful person, which wouldn’t be fun as this present time now. Although, it’s good to have helpful and sweet people in our generation, and we all should support it even though it won’t happen what so ever.

1. “I think the person that should be in charge is someone who can settle bickering with compassion and understanding, a person with a heart for the people.”

Beautifully said!

11. A “perfect” society to me is just like those movies, where you’re like oh hey that guys just watering his lawn, and then bam he’s a government controlled human being. It kind of scares me yet is kind of an interesting thought. There wouldn’t be any diseases, and no war or death. I guess what I’m trying to say is it would take some getting used to, and it would suck the fun out of life. No thrills or no sneaking up on your sister to scare her. Life would be utterly normal.

In the “perfect” society the government would probably rule over all. A lot like a communist government. Something that makes me really wonder is if a perfect society hit what we call everyday traffic or everyday arguments then what would the government do?

I like how I live. I think waking up and saying hey mom how did you sleep is better than thinking oh well of course she slept well we’re all perfect around here. So personally I like a flawed society.

Obviously the world is not doing so well, but I’m not president of the United States, either. If I had the option to change the world I would make health care a priority, and make sure poor countries get helped up one by one, by the U.S., England, and France. I believe the United nations are like the big brothers of poor countries in Africa and Asia, so as big brothers we should help out our little brothers by just chipping in here and there or even giving those countries an allowance. That’s just what I would do to make a not perfect world, but a better world.

1. “I like how I live. I think waking up and saying hey mom how did you sleep is better than thinking oh well of course she slept well we’re all perfect around here. So personally I like a flawed society.”

12. A perfect society. I don’t think there is such thing. But if there was, it would definitely have no criminals and everyone would be so nice to each other. They would always get along and never argue. They would never get in fights or become jealous of each other. Everything would always go smoothly. It would be where someone would never make fun of you for what you wear, say, or do. They would respect you and support you. You would never have to hide your feeling because no one would make fun of you. Everything would work out well. There is nothing wrong with the society and the sun is always shining.

I think that no one should be in charge of the “perfect” society. If the society was perfect, why would anyone need someone to rule them? They would get along and everything would go smoothly. So, they wouldn’t need someone telling them what to do and how to act. But then again, without someone in charge, something would have to go wrong. We are all humans and we don’t do things all the same. We are different in our own perfect ways. And so, with someone is charge, he/she could help us humans with our problems and try to make us as close to perfect as we can. The person in charge should be someone who is up for the job who is intelligent and always willing to help.

I would honestly rather live in a flawed society. I would do this because in a perfect society, our lives would get boring! Our lives have so much action and drama that it makes me happy with the world I live in. I would never be able to learn form my mistakes because in a perfect society no one would ever make mistakes. We would end up having to be friends with people that we don’t want to be friends with in a perfect world. In our world, we can make our own decisions and do what we feel is right. I really think that a flawed society beats a “perfect” society.

In our society, I think that prices have to go down. In our world now, everything is so expensive! If all the companies agreed to lower costs of everyday things, people would be so much more happy, including the people who lowered the prices. Also, gas prices. They are insane! When someone just fills up the tank in their car, it can comes close to $100. They should lower their prices as well. They will still make so much money every day! Just not as much as they used to. Humans should also stop the pollution. All it takes are those few steps to the trash can to trow away your gum package. It also burns you some calories. And also the extra effort to recycle. If we don’t, it will come around in the long run. There should be no more homeless people as well. They should all be able to get jobs and houses given to them by the government. Wars. Pointless, bloody, deathly wars. They kill so many people just because they disagree on something. They should just stop fighting in all. And last but not least, criminals should just be killed. If they are stupid enough to steal or kill someone then they should just say good-bye to their lives. Many things need to improve in our world.

1. “And so, with someone is charge, he/she could help us humans with our problems and try to make us as close to perfect as we can. The person in charge should be someone who is up for the job who is intelligent and always willing to help.”

13. A “perfect” society for me would be if there were no wars, and the stock market would be doing very well. That way, everyone could get along, and money wouldn’t be a problem the way it is now.

There must always be someone in charge or else chaos breaks out. I think that we should have a president the way we do today. If there would be any conflicts we would have someone taking care of us.

Living in a flawed society is what makes it perfect. Those little imperfections make it unique. Also, if I lived in a “perfect” society I would get bored. Yes, it’s very nice having things perfect. I love it when things are perfect, but nothing is perfect. Perfect is boring. A flawed society is fabulous, and it is way more fun!

War could definitely be improved. I know that it is a very common one, but it’s true. War is one of the major setbacks of our society. I think that we should put all of the presidents, ambassadors, and prime ministers of countries together in one room. That way, we could hear all sides of the stories. Also, the economy is horrible right now. We should have an economist beside the president for guidance.

1. “A “perfect” society for me would be if there were no wars, and the stock market would be doing very well. That way, everyone could get along, and money wouldn’t be a problem the way it is now.”

HA!

14. What is a perfect society? A perfect society is a society with no flaws. For example, a society with no hunger problems, poor/homeless people, diseases, or criminals. Everyday, many people are dying from hunger because they can’t afford food or water. Many people are also dying because of the diseases still in the world. In order to have a perfect society everyone has to be happy. The people in a perfect society can’t have jealousy. I think that it’s impossible to have a perfect society because humans always have something to strive for or a goal they have to pursue in life. I also believe that in a perfect society people should be helpful, sharing, and kind.

Well, in a perfect society there would be no government because it’s perfect. What would be the point of having a government when there’s a perfect society? Perfect means something with no flaws and if there are no flaws then nothing will happen out of the ordinary. For example, if our society were perfect then 9/11 would have never happened. Since there are no flaws in a perfect society people will be making decisions on their own.

If people had a choice between living in a perfect society or a flawed one then they would definitely pick living in a perfect society because it sounds so much better. I mean who doesn’t want to live in a society with no problems and bad people. Honestly, I’d rather live in a flawed society. I don’t want to be perfect therefore not live in a perfect society because I always want to have a goal in life and be able to reach it. It would be so boring if I had didn’t have any goals in life. If everything was perfect we wouldn’t make mistakes, and we all learn from our mistakes.

There are so many flaws in our society. Some flaws are terrorist attacks, the large unemployment rate, and hunger. These all could be improved if the government would stop thinking of themselves and start doing something for other people. Terrorist attacks are happening so much that it’s now getting common. People are dying everyday from terrorists and bad people. In order to prevent terrorists I would check all the computer and phone conversations, and follow every person that looks suspicious. Unemployment rate is also getting larger and larger because of the recession and debt, which America is in. In order to fix the large unemployment rate, people should pay the people not the government. The government receives many taxes but some of that money should go to the people. I also think that people who own more than ten million dollars need to pay a tax of five hundred thousand dollars to all the unemployed workers and people in hunger. Our society will never be perfect and thats why I like living in it.

1. “I think that it’s impossible to have a perfect society because humans always have something to strive for or a goal they have to pursue in life. I also believe that in a perfect society people should be helpful, sharing, and kind.”

15. A perfect society is everyone’s dream. Who would not want to live in a place with no war or hate? A utopia should have no boundaries; no one should be judged in any way. Race and religion would not be considered as differences. There would be no countries or continents, just one people as a whole. Therefore, there would be no wars. I believe that a perfect government would be a modified democracy. There would be votes on laws and rights, but no elections. Everyone would get one vote equal to everyone else’s. There would be no one leader.

I would much rather live in a utopian society than the very imperfect world we live in today. Our society today involves too many rights based on race and ethnicity. I think that everyone should be treated equally. Also, there are too many crazy people living among us. All of the murderers, terrorists, and robbers need to be handled in a different way. Rather than the death penalty or prison for life, we should try to treat them. There are many flaws in our society, but we make them way worse through overcorrections, like death penalty or mass murdering extremists. There are better ways to take care of things.

1. “I would much rather live in a utopian society than the very imperfect world we live in today. Our society today involves too many rights based on race and ethnicity. I think that everyone should be treated equally.”

16. This is the correct version of my blog.

I don’t think that there is such a thing as a perfect society because everybody likes different things. If everybody liked the same things life would just be the same. It is impossible for everybody to be perfect and I like every body being unique in their own ways.

I would want somebody in charge of a perfect society to be brave, courageous, strong, caring, and knows when to use force. These characteristics are almost like my mom and dad.

I would rather live in a flawed society because I am familiar with all of the surroundings, but in a perfect society everything would be new to me. Being normal is fine with me.

Our society should try changing health care, jobs, crime, terrorists, traffic jams, and global warming.

17. A perfect society means that everyone gets along and works in harmony to achieve a common goal. In a perfect society, people would have the same rights, money, and education.

The ruler of the society should be someone who is responsible and respected by the people.

In my opinion, I would rather live in a non-perfect society because in a perfect society, there would be very little individualism. In addition, a non-perfect society offers everyone unlimited opportunities. You have the chance to become whatever you want to be.

The changes I would make to our world today are better education in Africa. Also, I would change our welfare system and give more money to the war.

18. A perfect society is different to everyone because, well, we don’t live in one and we never have. My version of a utopia is no no discrimination or segregation of any kind, no hate or jealousy, and no competition or intolerance. Everyone would be treated equally and cared for equally. Every community would work together to better themselves and the world.

No one would be considered to have a higher political or social position in a utopia. I don’t think that in a perfect society there should be one sole leader. I think there should be a group of people who aren’t necessarily in charge, but they would take ideas from people and think of ideas to make the society better. Then every citizen would vote so no one has more say than someone else.

Even though living in a perfect society sounds absolutely amazing and even though I just listed all these great things about a utopia, there is things I would rather have that they don’t have in a utopia. For instance, there would be no history if everything was perfect all the time. There would be no education if we were all born perfectly smart and nothing to work for because everyone would have money. Yes, everyone would work to make the world better, but what is the point of that if the world is already perfect? For these reasons, I would most definitely live in a flawed society.

Some problems in the world today are homelessness, poverty, crime, and war. We could help by making more homeless shelters and opening more jobs, having stricter punishments for crimes and rewards for no crime, and making sure we treat other countries and places with respect and making sure they do the same.

19. The word “perfect” means no flaws. A perfect society can be described as a society with no flaws. A perfect society would have no problems with robbery, bullying, and fighting. Also in a perfect society, everyone would get along with each other and no one will have a problem with anyone. There would be no fighting, jealously, and arguing. In a perfect society, people would help each other when needed to and be kind to people when he or she would be needed to be kind to.

I think a girl and boy should be in charge. To be fair to everyone in the community and they can give their different options. But the people in the society can give ideas to the people in charge. This is what would be the fairest option for the society so the community can continue to move nice and smooth.

I would like to live in a flawed society. A flawed society would make living there easier. In a flawed society you can learn from what you say and your mistakes. Yes, in a flawed society there may be fighting, jealously and disagreements but it’s much better than having to stress in a perfect society because of how you act and your actions. I also think that living in a perfect society would be no fun and you wouldn’t be able to trying new things.

In my society there are some problems but they can be fixed. Some problems are the bullying. This is one of the biggest problems. When they start name-calling and fighting it can really affect someone feelings. But it can be fixed! By keeping his or her thoughts to them selves. Its better and there will not be any problems. Also another problem are the crimes that are commented each day. Robbery in people’s house have gotten so bad in the last years that it has got out of hand. Most of the time, people steal because they think its fun and they can sell it online and make money off of it. But then it starts to get addicting. This can help if that person gets a job and make money or if they get help at a therapist. Some improvements I would make in my society would to add more trashcans around the society so the trash on the ground will start to disappear. Less trash will make our society fresh and clean.

1. “Some problems are the bullying. This is one of the biggest problems. When they start name-calling and fighting it can really affect someone feelings. But it can be fixed! By keeping his or her thoughts to themselves.”

Great post, Olivia!

20. To me, a perfect society is a society with peace and stability. A place where there is no crime and no jealousy. It is a place where everyone is happy and treated fairly and equally.

In my opinion, I think that a person who is well educated and has life experience should be in charge of the community. I also think that the person should be a fair and honest person.
    I would like to live in an eighty percent perfect, twenty percent flawed society. I would because if everyone was perfect, then I think it would be no fun. It would not be any fun because everyone would never make any mistakes, which would make life monotonous.

Some flawed aspects of my society are that some people don’t mind their own business and that some people in our condominium master board can be a little racist. I would improve these things by telling people to mind their own business and be okay with kids playing on the street. Also, I would make a rule that if you are accusing somebody of something, then you should have proof first.

1. “To me, a perfect society is a society with peace and stability. A place where there is no crime and no jealousy. It is a place where everyone is happy and treated fairly and equally.”

21. To me, a perfect society would not be involved in war. There would be no starvation, homelessness, or criminals, and everyone would be treated equally and have respect for one another.

I think in a “perfect” society, there would be a group of people who come up with possible rules or laws. These can be voted on by everyone in the society eighteen or older.

I would rather live in a flawed society, because, in a “perfect” society, we could not learn from our mistakes or work towards anything because we would already be perfect. Also, after twelve years of living in a flawed society, I think I would be uncomfortable living in a “perfect” one.

Our society is at war right now. In some areas there are hunger and homelessness issues because some people don’t have enough money to get food or shelter. There are many criminals in our society. Also, many people in our society are materialistic and don’t focus on the “big picture” which leads to some of the problems that I just mentioned.

1. “I think in a “perfect” society, there would be a group of people who come up with possible rules or laws. These can be voted on by everyone in the society eighteen or older.”

22. A perfect society is a society where everybody who wants a job has a job, and everybody who doesn’t want a job doesn’t have to get one to live. People would have everything that they need to be comfortable (food, water, a good-sized house, etc.), and if problems with something came up, the leaders would be able to calmly fix the problem.

There should be more than one leader, and I think that there should always be a least one boy and at least one girl leader. The leaders should be people who wouldn’t make laws benefitting only one type of person.

I think it would be best to live in a mix of both “perfect” and “flawed” societies. A perfect society might be kind of boring, because there’s nothing to work on or try to change. But on the other hand, a flawed society might have too many flaws.

In a perfect society, everybody would be able to get medicine and go to a hospital for free or for a very low price. There would also be a more severe punishment for any kind of crime, so people would be more hesitant about committing a crime.

23. A perfect society is exactly what it sounds like, perfect. There is no pollution, no fighting, nothing bad at all. Everyone has a home and a job. Everything is affordable. Nothing ever goes wrong.

The perfect society would be run by one person who would be very similar to the president. Except this ruler would have to listen to all input from the citizens of the society. Also this ruler wouldn’t be aloud to make any decisions that the citizens were against. A new ruler could be elected every two years, or the same person could remain the ruler.

I would rather live in a perfect society than a flawed one. Sometimes flaws can lead to good things, but if there were a chance for my society to be perfect I would take it.

Our society has quite a few flaws. We have way too many wars, everything is expensive, and there are too many people that are unemployed. If I could make changes to our society I would give everyone a home and a job, lower prices of gas and other products, lower healthcare prices, end all wars, and do a lot more.

1. “I would rather live in a perfect society than a flawed one. Sometimes flaws can lead to good things, but if there were a chance for my society to be perfect I would take it.”

24. To me, a perfect society would have no fighting or arguing. It would be a place of happiness, and everyone would be kind to you and not make fun of the way you look, and feel about certain things emotionally. I would not have any fighting because then people get injured, and people always hate each other. I would also not have any arguing because the situation would go nowhere and people would always be enemies against each other.

I think in a perfect society we wouldn’t need a leader because everyone could govern themselves. People wouldn’t need to vote on laws and rules, because everyone would follow whatever was already established.

I would rather live in a society that has flaws so we could learn from our mistakes. If it was a perfect society then everything would be perfect all the time. The society would never have any good times and bad times where people would have feelings about certain things. That’s why I would want to live in a society with flaws.

In our society one of the biggest and strongest problems is bullying. One small, little thing like name calling, or talking about someone behind their back can turn into something physical, and hurt someone’s feelings. Another flaw that can be improved is crimes. Almost everyday there are gangs of people who rob, have guns and drugs and think they can get away with it and not get caught. To help this problem, if I saw someone bullying another person and they got caught there would be great consequences to make sure they didn’t do it again. To prevent people from robbing, and committing crimes I would have hidden cameras and night-police patrolling the streets.

1. “I think in a perfect society we wouldn’t need a leader because everyone could govern themselves. People wouldn’t need to vote on laws and rules, because everyone would follow whatever was already established.”

25. A utopia is an ideal and perfect society in which everyone lives in harmony and everything is done for the good of its citizens. A “perfect” society to me would have no flaws or problems. There would be no war, hate, or criminals. Everyone would be nice and respectful to each other, and there would be no bullies or bullying. Every citizen would always get along and never argue. A “perfect” society would run smoothly, and everything would go exactly the way it should.

A perfect society should be a democracy. Everyone should vote for who they would like to represent them. The person in charge of the society should be kind, respectful, and should care about the society’s needs/wants.

If I could choose to live in a “perfect” society or a flawed one, I would rather live in a flawed society. For me, it would be too much pressure to live in a perfect society. Nobody is perfect, and eventually everyone would make a mistake. I would not want to accidentally make a mistake and everyone gets mad at me about it. Also, when you live in a flawed society, you could learn from your mistakes. It is nice when things run smoothly and everything is perfect, but it would eventually get old.

Some aspects of our society that could be improved are the unemployment rate, homelessness, and crime. If I could make improvements to these setbacks in our community, the community would be a lot better. I would make sure everyone had a job by opening more large businesses, make sure everyone had a home, or at least a place to stay, by building more homes/shelters, and I would enforce severe punishments for people who committed crime.

1. “A perfect society should be a democracy. Everyone should vote for who they would like to represent them. The person in charge of the society should be kind, respectful, and should care about the society’s needs/wants.”

26. A perfect society to me is where everyone is happy. Everyone does whatever they want to do. Everyone loves what they do. People can go to work if they want to work or people can stay home if they don’t want to work. As long as everyone is happy, it’s pretty much perfect.

I don’t think anyone should be “in charge” of a perfect society. If everyone takes care of themselves and one another, then I don’t think you need one leader. But if there is no designated leader, people must be able to work together and agree with one another in many situations.

Personally, I would like to live in a flawed community. Living in a perfect society would get boring. Even though everything would be good and dandy, there wouldn’t be anything to worry about or anything to help out with. Everyday would be the same. Although a perfect community is considered “perfect”, I still think it’s important to have flaws. Without flaws, we can’t learn from our mistakes and make a better decision the next time. If we always do everything perfect, we only see one side of everything. With flaws, you get to see both sides.

In our society today, there are definitely flaws, that’s for sure. One problem I think is being homeless and unemployment. There are a lot of people who are unemployed and for that reason are unfortunately homeless. People are so desperate that as we drive down the street, we see them on the side with signs asking for money. If I could improve something, unemployment and being homeless would definitely be one of the main things. Hopefully, that would make more people happy.

1. “I don’t think anyone should be “in charge” of a perfect society. If everyone takes care of themselves and one another, then I don’t think you need one leader. But if there is no designated leader, people must be able to work together and agree with one another in many situations.”

27. There are so many things that would make up a perfect society in my opinion. When people donate things to people in need is one thing that would make up a perfect society. I really think that when you give to people it helps so much. I also wish everybody had the same. By that I mean they had the same amount of money, food and just everything. When everyone has the same, things are so much easier. Another thing I think would make up a perfect society is everybody who wants a job has one. It’s very sad because some people are trying to make money to support there families but they can’t get jobs. If everyone who wanted jobs got them that would also make a great society.

I think for a society to be perfect everyone should agree. I don’t think anyone should be in charge. If people of a society could all agree on something it would be so much easier. Sometimes we all don’t agree on what the president says, so it would be great for no one to be in charge just the people of the society. Then everyone could try to agree.

If I could choose I would live in a perfect society. If everyone had jobs, everyone had enough money and everyone was just happy it would be so great. In a flawed society there are so many issues. Like people being hungry, or not having jobs.

There are so many flawed aspects in our society like racism and hunger. Racism is so awful. It is so cruel of other people to be rude to people just because they don’t look like or act like them. It should be a law not to publicly be rude to someone about their race. Why can’t people just accept that not everyone is the same? Hunger is also a huge issue that I wish could be fixed. I know that there are soup kitchens which are great. But not in every country. I wish there was no hunger in the world so badly. I know when I feel hungry because I haven’t eaten for maybe a few hours. It is so sad to imagine how hungry other people who really do STARVE. It is so sad to imagine.

1. “There are so many flawed aspects in our society like racism and hunger. Racism is so awful. It is so cruel of other people to be rude to people just because they don’t look like or act like them. It should be a law not to publicly be rude to someone about their race. Why can’t people just accept that not everyone is the same?”

28. A perfect society means to mean is that there would be more friendliness toward others. If you don’t know someone and your sitting somewhere near them people would talk more and get to know each other. Im in England and I have noticed that people here are definitely more out going when it comes to friendliness so I would like it more like this. But the fact that there would be more friendliness does not mean there would be no fights, disagreements, or problems, but there would be no crime and if people did get in a fight and get hurt they would heal and fix it with words. Also my utopian society would have no crime because of how well people would get along. Lastly people would have very healthy bodies no one would be obese, there would be no diseases, and people cuts, bruises and pains would heal instantly.
    In my utopian sociaty there would be a leader but he would not have very much power as the leaders today because there would be almost know problems.
    I would much rather live in a flawed society though because then there would be more interesting things going on. But i would like wars to stop because they are just tearing our nations apart and we are losing so many great people. Another reason i would rather live in a flwed society is because with out flaws we would have less knowledge of life.

29. If everyone had same money what would be they point in having jobs and higher positions in those jobs. Sorry i don’t want to be critical i was just wondering.

30. A perfect society to me is a society that has no wars or arguements. It should be a place of happiness, and everyone loves each other. Everyone would be kind to each other, and there would be no bullying. Everyone would be a loving and caring person. They would take care of each other.

I think the people should govern themselves. That way, people don’t have problems with the rulers on how they are ruling. People should work together and agree or disagree on situations. No one should be in a higher political status than someone else.

I would rather live in a flawed society because it would be so hard to live up to a perfect society today. If we made mistakes, we would learn from them. Everything would be so perfect, we wouldn’t know how to live a flawed life. A flawed society would be so much more fun! If everything was so perfect, nothing would be unique.

Our society totally has some flaws like our finacial problems. Our economy is not that great. W have way to many wars. Everything is too expensive. A way to prevent this is to get more income, have lower gas prices, give everyone a job and a home.

1. “I think the people should govern themselves. That way, people don’t have problems with the rulers on how they are ruling. People should work together and agree or disagree on situations. No one should be in a higher political status than someone else.”

31. A perfect society is one that has no flaws or problems. For example no unemployment and everyone would have a home. Everyone would be nice to each other and there would not be any bullying or conflicts. We would not get involved in war because we would be peaceful. No one would rob anybody or commit crimes. Everyone is happy and does what they like to. It is basically perfect.

In a utopia I think there should be five people in charge instead of one person having most of the power. The five leaders would also share the power equally. They also could not be all the same gender because if they were they could make a decision that is unfair to the other gender. If there are five people in charge there usually would not be a tie in a decision.

I would personally want to live in a flawed society. A utopia can be all nice and dandy, but if everything is perfect what is there to live for. I would feel that I have no meaning in an utopia. Plus, people learn from there mistakes. It would also get kind of boring.

There are many flaws, but a few stand out to me. The first is unemployment. If a person is unemployed then eventually they cannot provide for themselves and that sometimes leads to crime. Crime is also another flaw. I hate how people would break into a person’s home and steal something. I would love to do something to stop it if it is possible.

1. “In a utopia I think there should be five people in charge instead of one person having most of the power. The five leaders would also share the power equally. They also could not be all the same gender because if they were they could make a decision that is unfair to the other gender. If there are five people in charge there usually would not be a tie in a decision.”

2. I really like what you said about the genders of the leaders being different because there wold be unfairness. I agree with you on that. Nice job girl!

32. A “perfect” society to me is a society without a bad economy or problems with people breaking the law. Also in a “perfect” society every child would have the same privileges and every family would be exactly the same. As a result there would not be a reason to hang out with friends or go to work because every thing is given to them. In a “perfect” society there would be no ruler every one would just do what ever they needed to do and kids would just go to school even though they didn’t have to.

I would rather live in a flawed society because in a “perfect” society there is nothing different and there would be no reason to have companions. One thing I really think could be improved in our society is our government because the republicans and democrats are always going back and forth trying to get the other to vote for their ideas. Another thing that could be fixed is the problem of people breaking the law.

33. To me, a perfect society would be happy. There would be no wars and fighting. Everyone would be willing to help each other, even strangers. The saying “Don’t talk to strangers” would cease to exist. It would be nature to be nice and friendly. Altercations would have no reason to be placed. It would just be a happy place.

Here, in the real would there is a half and half divide. There is government that keeps up in line. Also, there’s the people part of the world where the people get to run their lives and make their decisions. I think if that method could be perfected, having someone give you guide lines, but you get to take control of your life. I think majors of any method wouldn’t work. Just having government in control would mean that you have no say in your life. To have just people run things would be complete chaos. Everyday would be running around doing anything they want with no laws.

After reading “Matched”, I’ve realized that living in a perfect society isn’t all its cracked up to be. Who you get married to,your curfew, what and how much you eat all get picked for you. There are certain places that you can and can’t go to. You have to get married at seventeen. Also, being in the real world, I know the world is flawed. The world now, we have wars going on, and helping someone is portrayed as a crime. You have to watch your back because you never know who’s watching. I think a mix of both would be perfect.

Society needs some major changing. One major aspect that means to be altered is job availability. People need to have the opportunity to succeed and achieve their goals. If you have no job and there no available jobs then what can you really do? I think instead of having those annoying machines when you call Busch Gardens or banks, they should have real people talking to you creating jobs. I know an attempt has been made to correct this. Just one more job helps, but it doesn’t help enough. If my voice was clearly heard in the government I’d be speaking these words.

34. A perfect society is a society in which everything is organized and nothing is wrong. No society is perfect especially in real life. In a perfect society people help each other out like they did in the 9/11 video. A society can be pretty close to perfect but there will always be one thing that makes the society normal.

I do not think anyone should be in charge or leader of a perfect society. No one is perfect. Why would you have a normal person be a leader for a perfect society? And, if the society was so perfect there would be no fighting, and you wouldn’t need a leader.

If you lived in a perfect society you could never achieve greatness. Because everyone one else would be doing great things just like you and nothing would be special. No one would stand out or be different. I would rather live in a flawed society.

I think there are too many homeless people on the streets and living on the sides of streets begging for money. While we have plenty of food they’re lucky to get one meal a day. I think the government should do more to help these people. We should do more food drives for homeless people.

1. “If you lived in a perfect society you could never achieve greatness. Because everyone one else would be doing great things just like you and nothing would be special. No one would stand out or be different. I would rather live in a flawed society.”

35. I think a perfect society is a community that is different. Something creative and unusual from others. Everything can be how anybody wants it to be. If someone has a disagreement on something, then they must simply agree on an opinion that works for both of them. I wish to live where everything is just fine, and no riots, wars, or killing of any kind, but there may be jail because there is such thing as bad people. I just want a society that is peaceful and free of choices.

I feel that a there is no need for a leader at all because everyone is equal in my society. There will still be government and military protecting us, but they will not boss us around like a dictator.

I would want to live in a perfect society, but not with a organized code of laws in which you must obey. In a perfectly friendly and nice society.

In Today’s society, there is bullying which can turn into a chain reaction of horrible events happening in the future. There’s also worldwide arguing about economy and civilization.

1. “I would want to live in a perfect society, but not with a organized code of laws in which you must obey. In a perfectly friendly and nice society.”

36. If you think about it, a perfect society cannot exist at all. To have a perfect society you must have flaws, but a perfect society has no flaws. In conclusion, a perfect, un-flawed community is a flawed one. From my point of view, a perfect society, or utopia, has a different definition. A utopia is a place where everyone appreciates everything good. The citizens experience bad times to enjoy good times. It’s like yin yang, without bad, there is no good. A utopia would have bikes instead of cars, so there would be no fat people and no pollution. All most all of the healthy food would be enjoyable, except for one kind, the yin yang thing again. There would be friendly competition to inspire people to do their best. People can have secrets, but they must seek guidance if it is a troubling secret. There would be no ultimate leader, like a president. Instead, the people would propose bills, laws, and such. The people would vote on the bills, and there would be a Reader. The Reader reads the proposed bills to the public, and asks them questions to solve problems. For example, the Reader would say, “We have received complaints that there is not enough shade in the park. Should we plant more trees?” The citizens would vote on planting trees. Lets say the votes were tallied and the resulting answer was yes, the Reader would say, “The votes were tallied and your response was yes. Where should the trees be placed, exactly?” The citizens with ideas would write down their ideas and send them to the Reader. The citizens would then vote on the ideas. There would not be punishments for bad choices, just rewards for good ones. If they continued to misbehave, only then would there be punishments. In a perfect society, like I mentioned above, there would be no leader, the people would lead themselves.

I would rather live in a flawed society like the one I stated above. Apparently, this is my new motto: A perfect society is a flawed one. No bad equals no good.

In our society, the first thing I would change, realistically, is the president. Like I say all the time, “Let’s not put a republican or a democrat in office. Let’s put someone smart in charge for once.” The crime rate is also a changeable flaw. We could stop it at an early age, make sure, somehow, that no children go through anything traumatizing. Also, we could help the employment rate. That would give everyone a job and keep down the crime rate, because the average, poor robber would have no reason to rob. The greed is a problem as well. Also, the rudeness and lying are a problem to be solved.

1. “I would rather live in a flawed society like the one I stated above. Apparently, this is my new motto: A perfect society is a flawed one. No bad equals no good.”

37. A perfect society is definitely different than we have today. First everybody would have to do their part. No slacking on their jobs, no littering, and no “I don’t know you so I don’t care”. In a perfect world, everybody has to do their part and help others when needed. You would need to be organized and have a set of laws that are strict but not so strict you’ll die if you don’t follow them. Everybody needs to be able to get enough food and water and I think that all adults would get equal pay so people don’t need to worry about expenses. I think bikes would be a good way to get around since they don’t cause pollution and we would need to take care of our environment better.

I think in a utopia, democracy is the way to run the world. There would be no dictators taking control of the country and if the people elect a bad President, they can vote for a different one in two years. I think the U.S. government is pretty good the way it is now but only two years for presidents and you can reelect him two more times after his first session.

I think the reasonable choice between a perfect and non-perfect society is the perfect one. But you never know what the government might be doing to keep it so “perfect”. I would definitely want to live in something better than what we have now, but not “perfect”. You might have to lose a lot or rights to live in a perfect world.

Probably the most important problem in the world today is war. We need to somehow find a way to make peace. We can’t just be totally cut off from everybody because we have items they want and they have items we want. The world needs to find a way to just be friends with one another. Another big problem today is poverty. So many people have so little and some have way too much. Charity is very important and it means a lot to those people. A third flaw (and last because there are tons of flaws) is pollution. Forests are getting cut down, rivers being polluted; skies turning gray from pollution are all hurting our environment. There’s only so much more we can do until the world starts falling apart.

1. “A perfect society is definitely different than we have today. First everybody would have to do their part. No slacking on their jobs, no littering, and no “I don’t know you so I don’t care.”

38. a perfect society would be lots of baseball fields and no theres one rule: THERE ARE NO RULES SO HAVE FUN AND DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT. I would be in charge. i would live in a perfect society. i could improve how theres no security on airplanes and everything was free only for me and my close family and friends.

The worst thing that could happen is fighting. in a perfect society you can’t have any fighting. Everyone is going to be nice and everyone is going to share.

there would be jobs like doctors and figher fighters but no police because its a free country.

39. A perfect society is a society with no problems and everybody is happy not one person doesn’t like it. A perfect society is where everyone is having no problems. There is no wars, crime, bullying, and no disagreement. To me that goal just is unrealistic and could never happen in our world. I personally think it would be really weird to live in a perfect society.

I think if there was a perfect society that there should be two people in charge if they both disagree on something then that rule is not passed. If they both agree then the rule is passed. If one agrees and the other disagrees then the people of the world vote or a third person comes in and breaks the decision if the matter isn’t very important.

If I had the choice between a perfect society and a flawed one. I would not choice the perfect society. I mean sure everyone is happy but you can’t do or say what you want. You are basically robots. You would be happy in a perfect society but I think that is cause you don’t know how great a regular flawed society is. I would much rather live in a flawed society.

The problems that we have now in our society are huge we have a lot of problems. One of the big problems is crime. Crime can’t be stopped but it can be caught. What I would do to stop crime would be to put in security cameras that are protected and people cant smash. Another problem is bullying if somebody is getting bullied then just tell somebody with authority over that person and your problem is fixed.

40. To me a perfect society is one with no bullying, wars, and money didn’t matter. It would be a perfect society if every got along and the country’s joined to create one great nation. That would be a sight to see. We could combine are knowledge and have a amazing space complex where we could maybe go to other planets.

There wouldn’t only be one person in charge of the society. No one should have complete power over the world. It would have to be split into many different roles. Around twenty people would take on the job and the whole world would have to decide who would take on this huge task. Also they would be switched out every four years unless they are doing horrible and then they can be kicked out of their roles.

I would choose a flawed community over a perfect any day. In a flawed world people can express themselves and show there skills and mistakes. Mistakes help make you a smarter and better person but if you don’t have any mistakes you are not your own person. In a perfect society you are among everyone else and you can’t express your self and then you are just another person. So that is why I would live in a flawed society.

He have a lot of problems in our everyday society’s. But the main one is bullying. Bullying has become a huge problem around the world. But there is a way to stop it. The people that are getting bullied must reach out and tell a teacher, friend, or parent. If you are or hear someone is being bullied you can tell. No one should consider you a tattle tell because bullying herts very bad and makes you sad.

1. “In a flawed world people can express themselves and show their skills and mistakes. Mistakes help make you a smarter and better person but if you don’t have any mistakes you are not your own person.”

41. For me, a perfect society would be where everyone has equal opportunities. Everyone should start out with the same materials and given the same chances, but what they do with it form there is their choice. Some people may go to college and become doctors, while others might just waste all of their resources on useless things. But, no one can complain because they were given a fair chance to work hard, and they missed it.

I think that there should be a small group of representatives who discuss and resolve problems. Anyone can sign up to be a representative, but people must vote for the final committee.

I would much rather live in a flawed society. In a perfect society, there would be nothing to fix, no chance for people to rise up to the occasion. In a flawed society, you can get the accomplishment of knowing you made a difference.

There are many things that I would change about our society. First, I would make sure that all children get the same education, no matter who they are. All people should start with the same opportunities. Another thing I would change is to make sure that the homeless have shelter. It is not fair to kick them off the streets and expect them to find a place to live.

1. “I would much rather live in a flawed society. In a perfect society, there would be nothing to fix, no chance for people to rise up to the occasion. In a flawed society, you can get the accomplishment of knowing you made a difference.”

42. I think a perfect society would be one were there was no suffering. No anger or jealousy. Everyone would be happy, and peace would be everywhere. I also think that everyone would have equal rights and privileges no matter who you are.

I think that someone who is caring, quickly forgives, and always understands should be in charge. People who do not focus on greed or their own well-being should run it. Also, everyone should have say in a decision.

I would want to live in a flawed society so that I could contribute towards a “perfect” society. If everything was perfect I wouldn’t be able to fix anything and help future generations.

I think we should start with peace. It can still be an interesting life without killing and hate. Everyone should equally like everyone else no matter his or her beliefs or views. I also think that everything from healthcare to education should be open to everyone. There shouldn’t be prices on very important things like that. We would also recycle and help preserve our world.

1. “I think that someone who is caring, quickly forgives, and always understands should be in charge. People who do not focus on greed or their own well-being should run it. Also, everyone should have say in a decision.”

43. There is no perfection in life. For one one who looks for peace or perfection shal have no rest this side of the grave. Perfection is nothing I will never want because there would be no fun, there would be no point in living, no evil to stop just the same old stuff every day. Thats not to much of a fantastic life now is it. I’d rather be stuck in a battle between two huge towers in a lake of lava than in a super pefected environment, that way I’ll never be bored, and theres no giant voice trying to calm everybody down with lies. *Boom* “What was that!” screamed Paul “Don’t wory everybody that wasn’t the huge reactor melting down,” said the giant voice. *Bigger boom* “Now that was the meltdown starting, well I’ll hed over to the one escape pod, bye bye now,” stated the giant voice. Now who wants to live like that everybody. Now if I were to make a “perfect” secioty then I would give a groupo of people a great spot to start with houses and food wherehouses. But also state rules and have a law in forcement that was like ghosts. Someone does something bad and they disappear, poof just like that. No one shouldno any thing about the man in charge or who he is but they shou8ld know there safe from all the other bad things that plaged the outer world. Flawed comunites are the way to go for me there more fun and have more to work for to acomplish to aspire for. There should be stronger voting and less government in life that we live now. I belive the american people should be able to vote for bills up or down. And if you don’t care don’t vote.

44. To me a “perfect” society would be no arguing, no fighting, no jealousy. We would all live in peace. Never be mean or hurtful. We would all be friends and we would never physically hurt someone.

In a “perfect” society no one should be in charge. It is a “perfect” society and everyone should be treated equally. If there had to be someone in charge there should be a man and a woman so that the woman could make any girl decisions and the man could make the boy decisions.

I would rather live in a flawed society because it would be weird with everyone being the same. We wouldn’t have to work for anything or make an effort. I like my life just the way it is in our society, whether it’s flawed or not.

One flawed aspect is war. Who needs it? All it does for us is kill people. I would stop war and just have peace around the world if I could. Another flaw is the economy. It is a very hard time right now. People are losing jobs, losing there homes, ect.

45. A “perfect” society to me would mean that there was no war, no fighting, no anger, no hate, no bullying, no crime, no death, no sadness, and everything was calm and done exactly right. Everyone would be happy or think they were happy. Nobody would rebel and everyone would agree on the same things. All people would work efficiently and well together. Everyone would have their place and no one would dare to step out of line.

In a “perfect” society there would need to be some sort of group of officials or rulers. The officials or rulers would make the rules that everyone had to follow. They would convince all the citizens that the rulers made the choices for what was best for the community. This made the citizens think the rulers were always right and there was no reason to doubt them. This would create the illusion that the officials or rulers always had everything under control.

I would much rather live in a flawed society rather than a “perfect” one. In a “perfect” society no one would have different ideas or they wouldn’t be allowed to share them out loud. There would be no unique individuals. We would all be controlled and told how to live our lives. Although, there would be no war, sadness, death, anger, hate, or fighting, the way we would live would be controlled and we would be free but trapped at the same time. In a “perfect” society there would be nothing new to learn because our society would be “perfect” and therefore “never make any mistakes”.

Although, I would rather live in a flawed society, like we live in now, there are many things we should fix about our society and the way we live. For one thing, there is a lot of pollution thus creating global warming. We can stop it from increasing, by continuing recycling, using less non-renewable resources, and coming up with new ideas about how to save our planet. Another issue in our society is hatred. Our society is not very open to new ideas and when somebody stands out because of a different religion, race, or idea they have, the majority of people immediately think of them as a threat. Although it is good to be different, many people are scared of change and automatically feel hatred or anger towards people who bring change or have different ideas. I think if everyone was open to change and difference our world would be a better place.

1. “For one thing, there is a lot of pollution thus creating global warming. We can stop it from increasing, by continuing recycling, using less non-renewable resources, and coming up with new ideas about how to save our planet.”

46. A perfect society to me means that there are no crimes, bugs, cars so you couldn’t be run over, and candy because candy gives you cavities. Everybody would have to go to bed at a certain time so they wouldn’t be tired. Everything would be just right almost like a robot land where you wake up and go somewhere and then do the exact same thing everyday so you wouldn’t have anything bad happen to you.

The leader of a perfect society should be no one because if there is a leader then maybe someone else wanted to be a leader and now they aren’t that wouldn’t be perfect then. Everybody would just have there parent as there leader and that should be all. Nobody would be told what to do except if the rules told them to do it.

If I could choose between a perfect society and a flawed one then I would choose the flawed society because if everything was perfect it would be so boring. Some things about this flawed society if that there are wars, drought, global warming, bullying, crimes and many more but still we learn from flaws. If I could change some flaws I would change crimes and wars the most because wars are just so violent and crimes can hurt people bad and crimes lead to bad people and I hate bad people. I sure wish I could change these flaws.

1. “A perfect society to me means that there are no crimes, bugs, cars so you couldn’t be run over, and candy because candy gives you cavities.”

47. In a perfect society I would picture no war, no fights, and everyone would be happy. In my perfect society I would have either the oldest person, or the first person that was in the city. If I had the choice to live in a perfect society or a flawed one I would probably live in the flawed because even though a utopian society is perfect I still like the imperfection in the cities I live in and being able to make my own decisions.

Some things in our society that are flawed and could be improved is stuff like crimes being committed every day, hunger and homeless people, and pollution, just to name a few. I would make many improvements to the society we live in today but I think that the things that we should focus most on are the four things I just mentioned because they are the most important and could be solved probably the easiest out of all of them!

1. “If I had the choice to live in a perfect society or a flawed one I would probably live in the flawed because even though a Utopian society is perfect I still like the imperfection in the cities I live in and being able to make my own decisions.”