What Do You Look For In A Good Book? ~~ Independent Reading

Quad Blogging begins this week!  Welcome students from Nespelem School,  Humphry-Davy School, and Brigantine Middle School! Please join our conversations!

Students, what defines a good book for you?

Do you look for characters you can connect with and feel passionate about?

Do you need action and a good storyline to keep you reading?

What about setting? Do you like to feel you are right alongside your characters based on the rich descriptions made by the author?

Do you want to learn something?

Independent reading has begun in earnest this week, and you all should be a good way into the beginning of your books. Without giving anything major away (remember, you want to get others excited about possibly wanting to read your book), what do you like about the book so far that you are reading? (Include some thoughts from the questions above.)

Please give the title of your book and author. Remember to skip spaces between paragraphs, and please leave a comment for at least one classmate.

For me, I measure a good book by the sheer fact I cannot put it down, and all I want to do is read…….even while I am preparing dinner (one time that lead to disastrous results!) or driving in the car…..stopping at red lights. I want to feel something about the characters, and I don’t want to be able to see anything coming! Even if it means throwing a book across the room because I was so upset at something that happened to a character…..yes, I did that. The fact that the author makes me feel a certain way is my definition of a good book.

1. Hello!
    I love to read books in my spare time.
    At the moment, I am reading J.R.R.Tolkien – The Hobbit.
    It is amazing! I love the films, too.
    The Hobbit is made up, full of made up creatures by the Autor – I recommend it to people who like the adventurous sort.

2. I enjoy reading books that include fashion. I love shopping and getting all dressed for events! Last year I read THE CLIQUE series, the main character relates to me 🙂

3. I love to read any type of books.
    In fact, reading helps improve your knowledge and to absorb more subject-related topics in all your classes.

1. That makes alot of sence Angel, I always want to read. I never have time. I wish there was more hours in the day. I have so many books that I never read.

4. Personally, I don’t like to read. I really don’t find it amusing because I always have to be moving. With reading, I have to sit down and I don’t like to do that.

5. The type of book I like is action-packed and a great plot. For example i like the book “the outsiders”. It is action-packed, great story, and a great set of charaters. It is one of the best storys ever. I highly recommend it. But as i said I like a book to be action-packed and have a great plot and charaters.