Which Three From The Writing Buffet Do You Choose?

cohdra_100_4563Students, choose three of the writing prompts from the list below below and write a response one paragraph each. Please skip a space between paragraphs. (ideas courtesy of Plinky)

1. You get one hour in a time machine. Where to?

2. If you had to listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

3. Is it always better to know the truth, even when it hurts?

4. Describe what your laugh sounds like.

5. How do you define the word “friend?”

6. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Why or why not?

7. What’s one piece of technology you can’t live without and why?

8. You only get three crayons to draw your picture. Which do you choose and why?

9. If you could be a character from any book you’ve read, who would you be and why?

10. If you could choose any other name for yourself, what would it be and why?

1. If I had a time machine for an hour, I would go 15 years into the future. I would want to see how my educational life had turned out and what my job will be. Looking at sports information would be interesting because everybody playing sports would be about my age. Something I would look for especially is to see who turned out the most successful in my grade. Hopefully, I would be able to fit all of this into an hour.

It is always good to know the truth, even if it hurts. Eventually, you would find out the truth and that would be worse. To know that someone had been lying to you is bad. That would add to the pain caused by the truth. If you know the truth it would hurt, but it wouldn’t hurt as much as finding out the truth after someone had been lying to you.

The one piece of technology I could not live without is a car. Without a car, going places would take forever. It takes me 20-25 minutes to drive to school. If I had to walk, it would take almost 4 hours. To get to school on time, I would have to leave my house at 3:55 A.M., and I would get back at about 7 P.M. if I didn’t have soccer practice. Everything I would do would have to be near me because I couldn’t drive long distances. Cars to me are the best inventions ever and I couldn’t live without them

2. If I could use a time machine I would go to the Roswald alien incident crash site. I would go there to see if it was real. I have always wondered if it was real or not.

If I had to listen to one album for my whole life it would be Curtain Call by Eminem. I chose this album because Eminem is my favorite artist and this album has alot of his best songs.

One piece of technology I can’t live without is Xbox. I can’t live without it because it is so fun and I play alot of it.

3. I chose 3, 7, and 9.

3. I think that it is better to know the truth even if it hurt because if the truth hurts you then one way or another you will find out. The truth might hurt but if it hurts really badly then it should be important to you and you have a right to know.

7. The one piece of technology would be my cell phone. I live on my cell phone, I play games on it I text on it and I listen to music on it. I would go insane if I didn’t have my cell phone.

9. If I could be any character from any book I would Leo from The Lost Hero. I would be Leo because he has an awesome tool belt and with it he can summon materials to make devices. Leo is also cool because he can make fire in his hands. Oh and Leo is also the son of a Greek God. How cool.

4. A friend is some one who can make you go from crying to laughing with a single comment.
    A friend is some one who trys to understand the weird situations you get your self into and knows when to shut up. A friend is some one who cares.

It is good to know the truth even if it hurts, because,

If I had to be any charater from a book I would be

My heart pounded aginst my rib cage as I sprinted away from the man and into the forest. The sun was starting to go down and I knew if I didnt get home soon the man would catch up to me and who knows what he would do to me once I was caught.

1. ignore everything past the first paragraph, that was tiffany writing a story while I ate dinner. I’m so sorry you had to read that.

5. 5. To me a friend is someone who is always there for you and always had your back. Friend should always help you up when your down. A true friend knows whats wrong with you before you tell them. That is my definition of a friend.

8. If I had to choose three crayons to draw a picture I would choose red, blue, and yellow because there the primary colors. I could mix them together to make the secondary colors. So it’s kind of like cheating because you really have more than three colors.

9. If I could be any character in a book I would be Percy Jackson from The Lightning Thief series. I would be Percy because I think he has a really cool life. I would love to fight a bunch of bunch of monsters. He also has a bunch of really cool friends and I would be cool to meet them.

6. I accidently said I would be cool to meet them I ment to say it would be cool to meet them. I also said bunch twice on accident.

7. I’ve been told on many occations that my laugh resembles that of a drunk man, or a dieing pig. Both of which are wonderful compliments. But, since I’ve had this horrable iffliction of a laugh since birth I’ve grow to love it’s strange pitch.
    If the truth doesn’t affect my future decitions, it’s best to leave your pain in the past, where it belongs.

8. If I had one hour in a time machine I would diffidently go to the future! Why would you go to the past if already happened?! I would go to 2300 and see what it would be like. I would take amazing things and medicine and stuff and take it back and be a hero. I would also be a millionaire because all of the stuff I would find.
    I would never be able to live without my phone! I do everything on my phone. Since I have an IPhone it has everything, apps, email, camera, calendar, and communication. If I didn’t have my phone I have no idea what I would do! I use the music in my phone a lot. I got my phone when I was 12 years old, I know it’s not that long ago but I have gotten so much use! Everybody in my family and everyone loves it so I suggest an IPhone for everyone that’s reading this.
    If I had to be someone from a book, I would be the father from the book Swiss Family Robinson. The book is action packed book about the family trying to survive on an island. It is a very interesting book for the people looking for a book. I love adventure so this character would be perfect for me; he does everything to keep the family living, makes shelter, prepares food, and makes supplies. I would love to be him..

9. If I were to be allowed in a time machine I would go to the last month of my life. I would love to see how my career went, and if I prospered. I would also love to see where sports and music went in 80 or so years from now in the future. I also would hope to see a two-storied house on the water. (That’s my dream house) I would do almost anything to be able to see all of this.

A friend is a person who you can trust. Also is a person who is there for you when you need them the most. Lastly a friend is a person who you are happy to see. Somebody who puts a smile on your face. Friends always brighten your day.

If I were to choose three colors they would be green, blue, and gold. I would draw a picture of my backyard. This way I could draw the sun, sky, water, and plant life. My backyard is filled with lots of trees and has a canal in the background. If I could choose one more color it would be white to be able to draw my pool deck and boat.

10. If I could go in a time-machine, I would go back in time to the 1930’s to see how my great-grandma and grandpa had acted when they were children. I would do this because my Gigi (great grandma) always talks about how when she was a child they lived on a farm and she sewed her own clothes, she also went to a one-room school house!!

I think that it is always better for someone to tell you the truth even if it hurts because like if a friend was saying things behind my back and someone knew about it I would want that person to tell me instead of finding out that; that person knew about it and didn’t tell me. Plus, if you know about the truth even though it hurts thats the only way to get over it.

A friend is a person who stands by you when your sad and makes you feel good. A friend is also a person you share all your important secrets and memories together. Most importantly a friend is someone you can trust.

11. If I had an hour to go back anywhere in time i would defenitely like to see how much of an impact the Beatles had on the world and how much they were really loved. For me it would be very interesting to also see their point of view when they were at there highest point of success and how they thought about fame.

To me a friend is someone you can count on when your down and someone that you know you can have a great time with anywhere you are. I also think in order to be a friend you have to be able to disagree once in while to make your friendship even stronger then before.

In some ways knowing the truth isn’t always a great thing. Say your friend tells you to ask the guy she likes what he thinks of her and he says eww gross I would never like her and then your friend asks what her crush said with a hopeful and excited look in her eyes. In a way you want to tell the truth but in a way you don’t because if you are a true friend you would never want any kind of pain fall upon your friend. So you tell me would you rather see your friend’s heart break or simply say I think he likes you too.

12. If I had to listen to one album for the rest of your life, I would listen to The Notorious B.I.G.: Greatest Hits because biggie smalls is my favorite rapper and that is an album of his best songs.

A friend is someone you know and you have a bond of liking each other. Most of the time you can count on a friend for support too.

I actually like my name but if I could choose another name I would choose Ohio because it means large river. I am large and I like water and being in it.

13. If I had one hour in a time machine, I would go to the future. I would like to see how much the world has changed. I would like to look at all the military’s weapons and vehicles. In the future, most vehicles will be unmanned and they might have invented the Accuracy International AS50 Sniper Rifle with X-ray scope. If they have invented it then I will go back in time and kill super bad people like Hitler or Bin Laden. Or maybe there is total peace on earth. Then I would look at all the hippies.

One piece of technology I can not live without is this computer. Without a computer I could not easily type long essays instead of writing them down. I also couldn’t play games with and email friends. The computer is also useful for looking up words instead of going to a big unabridged dictionary. It’s also a lot easier to look up needed information for projects and normal material.

If I could change my name to anything I wanted, I would change my name to Nacho Libre. I would change my name to this because it totally owns everybody else name. Nacho is also a food and I love food. I heard this name in a movie and I like it.

14. To me the word friend means someone who’s always there for you. It means you are closer to that person then you are to anyone else. Friends always have your back and are always going to stand up for you no matter what

If I had an hour in a time machine I would go to 1999. The reason why I would go to that year would be because I have always wanted to be old enough to remember the turn of the millennium. I think it would be a really fun New Year party to be at.

I couldn’t live without my phone. I use it everyday to call my friends, text my friends, and play games and surf the web. Even though my phone isn’t cool it’s still a huge part of my life.

15. What’s one piece of technology you can’t live without and why?

I couldn’t live without my iPhone because my phone has everything on it, internet, games, music, emails, a camera, everything. I can also find my way around with it because it has a GPS. I could definitely live with only my phone.

How do you define the word “friend?”

A friend is someone who has your back, and someone you can count on. It’s someone you can tell anything to because you trust them. A friend picks you up when you fall down and helps you through rough times.

You only get three crayons to draw your picture. Which do you choose and why?

I would choose red, yellow, and blue because those are primary colors. With those colors, I can mix them to make other colors for my picture.

16. I define the word friend as a person always there for you. A person that you can have fun with. Also someone that has or does some of the same sports or activities as you.

If I could go back into time I would go to when jesus lived because I have to go to church almost every Sunday and I think that it would be cool because I could teach about jesus and church would not be as boring as it is now because I would want to learn more about someone that I met.

If I could get there colors to make a picture I would have to choose green yellow and red. I would use those there colors because they are my favorite and look the best together.

17. If I had a time machine right here and right now, I would venture back to the revolutionary days of the Italian Renaissance, in order to meet the genius known as Leonardo Da Vinci. You would think it’s to marvel over his accomplishments, yet my reasons for encountering the Italian prodigy are more mysterious than intellectual. You see a year ago I read Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code for the first time. Although I found it a somewhat descent read, I was intrigued about the presumed missing person in Leonardo’s the Last Supper. It made me think, “what if I were this mysterious no show?”. After I’ve brushed up on my Italian and painting skills, I could travel back in time and paint myself into the catholic masterpiece! Only is it later on that he paints over my portrait creating the rewritten mystery. When I’m born hundreds of years later, people will find the cover up and notice just how much this teen looks identical to me. Little would they know that I really was the Last Supper Teen.
    Honestly my name tends to be a bit different. Brian Cahill Kiernan is good and all except I have one problem. You see, Kiernan has always been a very annoying last name to me. Although it’s a very Irish name, it always comes off very unappealing to me. Not to mention, nearly half the people I meet can’t spell or pronounce it. In fact, my old kindergarten teacher Mrs. Elliot still addresses me as Mr. Kierman in her letters. If I were to have a name, it would be something exotic and interesting that sounds smooth when you say it out loud. For instance, a name like Skylar Copley would be a nice fit. Although it may sound odd to you, I’ve always liked the way these two words combine together to form an attractive name that as far as I know, is not common in any country.
    When it comes to stuff like god, the origin of life, or extraterrestrials, I’m clueless. My logical brain automatically rejects these ideals and chucks them in the paper shredder. However, my heart softly telling me that some of these things are real and you just have to believe. So to answer the question yes, I do believe everything happens for a reason. The motive of my belief is one based on the subject of karma. I’m a big, big believer in Karma and that if you do good things for other people good things will happen to you. Plus I’ve had other experiences where I acted badly and bad things came my way in return.

18. 2. If I had to listen to one album for the rest of my life, it would be a Paper Tounges album that I just got yesterday. The Paper Tounges are a rock band, a good rock band. They are fairly new and have, in my opinion, very good music. For those of you baseball watchers, they wrote the official song of the 2010 Allstar Game, called “Ride To California”.

5. A friend is a person you can count on to be there for you in your worst, or best moments. A friend is someone that will pick you up when you fall; or someone who you can tell your secrets and trust them not to tell somebody else.

7. One piece of technology that I can never live without of is my phone. I could live without one, but that’s when I didn’t have a phone, I didn’t know what it was like to have one. When ever I’m bored, I text someone. If I’m not bored, though, I still text someone. But my phone isn’t just for texting, when I would like to know something, I call my Mom or Dad. Phones are great.

19. If I could only use three crayons to draw a picture I would choose green, yellow, and blue. I would choose these three crayons because you can draw many things with these three colors. With these colors you can draw many different setting like a park or house. Also, you can color lighter and darker to get different colors.

I define the word friend as a bond between you and another person that trust each other, protect each other, help each other, and listen to each other.

It is sometimes better to know the truth, even when it hurts because, it may be important. Also, it is better not to know if you are little so you can get over it.

20. If I had only one hour in a time machine, I would go in two totally different places. I would go in the past with the indians for half an hour because I’ve always wanted to see how it was. And for the other half, I would go into the future because I really want to see myself as an adult.

I can’t live without my computer or without my phone. If I had to choose one, it would be my iPhone because I do absolutely everything on it like playing games, listening to music, going on the internet, calling people, and I also text my friends.
    I got the iPhone 4 for Christmas!

Friends, persons with whom you laugh and share your secrets with.

Fun, you laugh with them.
    Rough, you go through rough times with them.
    Interests, you have the same interests with them.
    Endless, they will always be you’re friend.
    Never, they will never let you down.
    Diamond, friendship has no price.
    Share, you share objects and stuff with them.

21. 5. A friend is someone who can talk to you about things that another people wouldn’t normally say and they are always there for you when you’re feeling down or having a bad. They’ve got your back for you. You can trust them when they tell you things and they are always hanging out with you and having fun together. Also when you’re being made fun of, they’ll be there to stand up for you.
    I think that it’s always better to know the truth even though it may be hurtful because then you can make things better and turn that secret or tip into something good. There is always hope, you just have to find it.
    I would say that I would take my phone because I have the Iphone 4 and you can play games and text and also call. It has internet and everything. Oooh!!! I almost forgot, It can take pictures.

22. If I were to be a character from any book I would have to choose Peeta from the Hunger Games. I would be Peeta because he had great skill in the games and didn’t show pain that much. He also did not die in the games so that is also why it would be cool to be Peeta. Also because he had the help of Katniss.

If I had to pick three crayon colors they would deffinitely be the primary colors: red, blue, and yellow. I would pick those colors because they can makeup all of the other colors that I would need. The bad picture I would draw would be a war scene.

I could definitely not live without my Play Station 3. I couldn’t live without it because it has all my favorite games including:Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and of course Call of Duty Modern Warfare two. I play the PS3 all the time and it would be kind of hard to let it go.

23. 1.If I were to have one hour to go wherever I wanted in a time machine, I would go see the Wright brother flight on December 17, 1903. I would love to see the observer’s faces as they watched the impossible happen right before their eyes in a small town called, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. After the short flight, I would congratulate pilot of the plane, Orville Wright and see the extreme excitement on his face. Once my stay was complete, finally I would leave without a trace and go home with the experience of seeing the first airplane soar up to the sky.

7. One piece of technology I couldn’t live without is the, air-conditioner. I love the feeling of being overheated then suddenly walking through a room and instantly being cooled off. Throughout my life, I have gotten so used to this wonderful feeling and now that I think about it, I really couldn’t live without it and I feel bad for the people who lived in the 19th century and had to miss out on it.

5. According to the Google online dictionary a friend is, “a person you know well and regard with affection and trust.” Now as great as a definition as that is, I feel that there is even more to it. I believe a true friend is someone you can share everything with, someone who stands up to his or her other friends, someone that can mess up terribly in the friendship, but they still treat you the same, and finally, the most important, someone who knows everything about you, even your “bad side” and doesn’t think twice about it.

24. If I could get one hour in a time machine, I would go to the past to see how things were like back then. When I say past, I mean in the 15oo’s or 1600’s. It’s hard to think about what kids did with their spare time since there wasn’t any electronics back then.
    The one technology I can’t live without is the computer. The computer lets you play games, search the news, and other cool stuff. The best thing about the computer is that it never gets old. You could just go on youtube or surf the web and in a few minutes you could find something entertaining. Unlike T.V which usually shows reruns.
    If I could be any character from a book, I would probably be Super Man. (Comics are books too, right?) Of course all of you know what Super Man can do. He can fly (Which comes in handy), super strength, and a lot of other cool superpowers.

25. 1. If I had one hour in a time machine, I would probably go to 1963. I would really want to go to that time period because of The Beatles craze happening at the time. I would be able to buy some of those records and keep them as vintage items. Though, of course, I would probably get some of The Rolling Stones albums. This is, of course, if I could get to a record store and back to the time machine in one hour.

2. If I had to listen to one album for the rest of my life, I would pick The Beatles Box Set album. This is because it has all of The Beatles albums from when they started to when they disbanded. But what’s even better is that their all in one album, of which holds about 15 CDs. Though it doesn’t have live albums, which is a shame because some of the performances from The Magical Mystery Tour were actually really good for live performances. And so the fact that one album has about 15 CDs is enough to sustain me for a lifetime.

7. If I had to have one piece of technology, I think it would probably be my Xbox 360. This is because I use it a lot, even though I don’t have Live on it. And if I could choose from which games I had to have, it would be Call Of Duty Black Ops, Halo 3 ODST, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Though I would also need electricity, I don’t know if that counts. And I would need a TV.