“The Course Of True love Never Did Run Smooth” 1.1.134

Please answer the following questions. There are 4 different mini prompts. Be sure to use paragraphs to make the reading easier.

What do you think the quote in the above title means?

In the play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, a dispute between father and daughter has serious consequences. Should parents have the right to control their children’s lives? How should differences between parents and children be resolved?

I know many of you have heard some if not all of the following phrases coined by Shakespeare. What do they mean? Please tell me what you think the meaning is behind each phrase.

a “wild-goose chase”

a “piece of work”

“the be-all, end-all”

“all that glitters is not gold”

“the world is my oyster”

“the green-eyed monster”

By the way, Shakespeare is credited with adding 1700 words to the English language. If he didn’t have a word for something he needed, he simply made one up! Some of the words he created that we use today are : birthplace, bedroom, buzzer, luggage, excitement, lonely, and mimic!

The Globe Theater Virtual Tour You’ll need the free Quicktime download to view this

Clemson Shakespeare Festival Another virtual tour of the Globe Theater

After looking around the Globe Theater, where do you think the best place to view a play would be? Why?

Part 3 of the BBC Animated Tales has been added to the page at the top.

1. In this quote Shakespeare is basically saying that no matter how much a couple may have loved each other they will always have some troubles in their relationship. Sometimes someone that is already married might “truly love” a different person. Don’t look for an absolutely perfect relationship because you will never find it. You have to learn to look past the bad things and see the good things even if you don’t want to.

I think parents should be allowed to guide the child through their early lives but not go over the top by deciding who they marry. When they get to a responsible enough age, kids should lead their own lives, not their parents’. Parents almost always control your life, but I don’t think they should control everything you do.

A “wild-goose chase” means something that is out of your control. You are running after something or trying to achieve something wild.

A “piece of work” is someone who gets on someones nerves, irritating, or just plain hard to work with.

“The be-all, end all” this quote reminded me of something big ended. My opinion is something that was hip and cool; the place to go is old now and that era of whatever has ended. This quote also made me say that it is someone who is full of them. Also it means it is fantastic.

“All the glitter is not gold”— I think this means that not everything is the same thing. Some things are silver, some copper, nickel, fake silver, iron, or even gold. Tings classify into different category.

“the world is my oyster” means that the whole world is my home and I am free to roam it and do what ever I want.

“The green-eyed monster is something or someone who is always wanting more.

2. The quote means loving someone will always have many conflicts. Some people may want you to like them, the person may not love you. There will always bee complications. Parents shouldn’t be able to control what their children do because a parent may want them to be a lawyer or a doctor but they might not to be what their parents want. They should explain why they want to have or do or not have and not do. Then one of them might see that it is a good option and agree.

A wild goose chase is when you’re looking for something and running around and you can’t find it. “A piece of work” is someone or thing that is hard to change or is complicated and is hard to do. the “be-all, end-all” is something that is popular and goes on with a certain theme or lots of fads, but once it ends, everything else that is around it ends and changes. “All the glitters is not gold” means things may not be as good as they look, kind of like “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”. “The world is my oyster” means that the world will only bee great if you work hard. The green-eyed monster” is someone who is jealous or envious and wants to take away what ever they’re jealous about.

The best place to be would be on the ground. You may have to stand but you can be close and be looking right at the faces of the actors and it would be easy to know what was going on in the play and you can see the actors faces.

3. Well, when you are married its not going to be all peaceful, I mean you are bound to have an argument or disagree, so there are going to be some bumps in love.

No, but yes parents should have control over their kids. They should have control to some assent. Sometimes kids would make really big mistakes and that’s when the parents step or if all.

It should be resolved through a reasonable discussion between parent and child. The parent shouldn’t block out the thoughts of the child they should listen to the kid. If this doesn’t work out and it’s a big deal then they go to court. (there should be kids in the jury)

a “wild-goose chase”- this quote means- lets say there is a farmer and he is trying to get a goose that doesn’t want to get picked and when a goose doesn’t want to get picked up it’s messy.( the farmer won’t win)- in modern terms- A policeman is trying to get a criminal and he is on the run. (it’s a car chase) Lets say the car the bad-guy is in is faster. So there is a big pliability that the policeman won’t get the bad-guy.

a “piece of work”- My dad calls me this all the time. If you are a “piece of work” then you are the following: want more than you a given or aren’t satisfied till you have enough.

“the be-all, end-all”- It means basically the most important thing to you.
    “all that glitters is not gold”- I think it means that not everything that is of great value is pretty or looks nice.
    “the world is my oyster” – I think it’s like the world is in your hands, meaning you can do what ever you want with your life.
    “ the green-eyed monster” – I think is means to be greedy or selfish.

The best place to view the play would be somewhere on the second floor left or right, it really doesn’t matter to me. I like seeing things from a higher place, I don’t know why.

4. I think that the quote at the top of the page was meant to be said in a humorous way. Now I don’t know anything about A Midsummer Night’s Dream, but when I see this quote I think of a couple who have had a fight or something, and then they look back on their argument and say, “The course of true love never did run smooth.” It just seems like that kind of moment, if you know what I mean. I think that it means that love can’t always be perfect, and there’s no such thing as the ideal relationship. There always has to be some kind of bumps along the way for it to be true love. That’s what I think the quote means.

I don’t believe that parents should have the right to completely control their kid’s lives. It is okay for people to control the first part of their children’s life and the little things later on, but I don’t think it would be good for the parents to tell the kids what to do all the time. Maybe it would be smart to sit down and talk about differences instead of just yelling.

a “wild-goose chase:”
    -I think it means that you are on a crazy chase that you just can’t seem to end. Maybe Shakespeare meant for it to mean that you are on a wild and insane chase, or in a maze or problem that you can complete or be finished with.

a “piece of work:”
    -This can relate to artwork. If it was a piece of work, then then it was a lot of hard work. If a person is a piece of work, then they are maybe hard to keep control of or difficult to be with.

“the be-all, end-all:”
    -I have never heard this phrase, so I can only guess what it means….okay I’ve thought about it, and i have NO idea what it means. Sorry!!

“all that glitters is not gold:”
    -I think that this means that even if something is pretty, it may not really be what it appears. If you look at a piece of art that looks like glass, it doesn’t mean it really is glass. It could be shiny plastic. You can’t judge a book by its cover.

“the world is my oyster:”
    -This phrase relates, obviously, to an oyster! Say you are the pearl inside of an oyster. You only know of the oyster, therefore you can do anything with it! What I’m trying to say is that you can control what you are doing in the world, and you can do anything.

“the green-eyed monster:”
    -I think this phrase portrays jealousy. When people think of green (having to do with emotions), they usually think of jealousy. Jealousy can take hold of you and turn you into a monster, or just a bad person.

I think that I would have liked to sit (or stand) in the middle section, I believe it was the 2nd level, in the center facing the stage. I know that the “groundling” section wouldn’t have been a very good place to stand because I know that I wouldn’t have been able to see over peoples’ heads (but I’m short!) The 3rd floor would’ve been nice too, except for it might have been too high and I wouldn’t have been able to see the actors very well!

5. I feel the quote means that love is an amazing thing even though sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s terrible. Also this quote basically shows what happens in the book. With what happens I believe it should never happen in real life, meaning parents controlling kids lives. Usually kids need space to grow into successful adults, and when nosey parents try to but in and mess up how the kid wanted everything to work. For instance having that boy or girl marry someone they don’t want to, it messes up that kids whole life. To resolve this difference cause it comes up in every kids life, because parents are protective. They should talk it out and compromise so everyone including the kid is happy.

A “wild goose chase” I think is when someone is being chased crazily by police or a mob for instance.

A “piece of work” is someone who doesn’t listen to anything or anyone.

The “be-all, end-all is the thing at the end of a story or adventure that finishes or completely ends that story or adventure.

The phrase “all that glitters is not gold” I think is talking about people who are rich or bribe people aren’t always the best people.

The phrase ” the world is my oyster” I think means that, that person controls his own destiny and no one can stop them from doing that.

The phrase “green-eyed monster” I think talks about someone who is envious or jealous of someone.

I now after the virtual simulation think that the Globe Theater is the best place to watch a performance because it is very big, is outside with nature, has different and very cool seating and the stage isn’t just facing one way it is facing everywhere.

1. @ryanl15, Oh sorry Mrs. Cobb I forgot to mention that I would love to sit at the very top levels in the little suites, if that is what they are really called, because you can see the whole performance and see a different vies that not everyone else gets to see.

6. I think that the quote, “true love never did run its course,” means that true love may not plan out perfectly. Things will get in the way, that’s just life. You will fight and the relationship will get rocky, but if it is true love, it will never fail.

I think that parents should have some say in what their children do in their lives. They should because they care for them and want to do what is right for their children.

A “wild-goose chase,” is a long chase that is wild. People can be running around after one another wildly. It can also mean that people are confused or all after one thing. It can be literal or metaphorical.

A “piece of work,” is something or a person that is hard to handle.

The “be-all, end-all,” might be something that it very important. It might be something that is all or nothing. Maybe it is something that is an important thing or moment.

“All that glitters is not gold,” means you can have all the glory, but not the one thing in your life that you desire. It also means that getting everything you want is not everything because you will always want something that is not a material thing.

“The world is my oyster,” means that you can do anything you dream of. Nothing should get in the way of your dreams. You have the whole world to travel and discover.

The “green-eyed monster,” is something that I have heard before. It represents envy or jealously.

I would want to sit in the yard with the groundlings. I would want to do this because they are rowdy and fun. I think that it wouldn’t be a normal play experience sitting in the yard.

7. The quote means that there will be bumps in every relationship and no relationship will be perfect.
    I think that parents should control a childs life to a limit. If the parents control there childs life too much than the child will not like it and go down the wrong path and be a bad person. Problems should be solved at the dinner table because a family should sit at the dinner table and talk.
    The “wild goose chase” means a chase for something that is meaningless.

A “piece of work” means you are really stubourn.

The “be all end all” means the statement is going to stay and no one can change it.

The statement “all the glitter is not gold” means money is not everything.

The statement “the world is my oyster” means that the planet Earth are my bounderies.

the “green eyed monster” means someone who is jelous of you in some way.

8. This quote is one of my favorites in the play! To me, it means that basically, love isn’t easy and there will be rough patches on the way, no matter how much two people love each other, they will have their disagreements.

I do not think that parents should be able to COMPLETELY control their child’s life. I do, however, think they should be able to make suggestions on how they go about their lives. Also, they should be able to guide them through hard times, but completely controlling someones life would make them miserable. These problems can be resolved by maybe the parents could suggest things and sometimes the child take those suggestions, or they could compromise and make up something they can both work with.

a “wild-goose chase”- A wild goose is always running around and really hard to catch, so a “wild-goose chase” is like an impossible hunt.

a “piece of work”- “A piece of work” is someone who is very different in a bad way, if someone were to try and change them, it would be a big job.

“the be-all, end-all”- This kind of means a person who thinks they are the center of the universe.

“all that glitters is not gold”- This means that even if something looks like it’s great. it really might not be.

“the world is my oyster”- this kind of means that if someone is powerful they can sort of “get the pearl from the oyster.”

“the green-eyed monster”- This means when someone is really jealous.

I thought looking at The Globe was really cool! I think the best seats for me would be in the middle row, kind of near the top but not quite. Why? Because the very top is too far away and the bottom is too close, I like the middle the best.

9. “The course of true love never did run smooth.” I think that that is a very true, but dreadful statement. It means that love isn’t fair, and there will always be bumps in the road. There will always be ups and downs in every relationship and you just have to deal with them. Everything happens for a reason.

I think that when children are little then yeah parents should have the right so they lead them on the right path. Children are going to grow up someday but they should be taught right when they are little. I think that once they reach a certain age then parents should let loose a little and let the child decide what they want to do in there life. They should be accepting and not over ruling. I think differences between parents and children can be resolved by talking and discussing problems.

I think a “wild-goose chase” means that there is a lot of commotion going on. I think a “piece of work” means when someone or something is hard to handle. I think that “the be-all, end-all” means that things are going to be great, but it’s going to end sooner or later. I think that “all that glitters is not gold” means that not everything that is pretty is good to have and cherish. “The world is my oyster,” means that the world is in my hands. I think that “the green-eyed monster” is a meaning for a mean or bad person.

If I were to go to the Globe Theater I would choose to view the play in the middle gallery. You could see all of the actors perfectly so it would be a good seat. I think the 3rd floor would be up too high and you wouldn’t be able to see the actors well.

I think that it is so cool how Shakespeare made up some of the words that we use today!

10. The quote “The Course Of True love Never Did Run Smooth” means that even things are not always easy in a relationship. People may truly love one another, but there will always be obstacles to overcome. Sometimes family gets in the middle and other times people need to learn to compromise. I believe that if things are really meant to be, somehow love will prevail. Perhaps I am a dreamer. ☺

I think that parents have a responsibility to teach their children right from wrong. If they have done their job well then there will come a time where the child becomes a young adult and should be able to make their own decisions. They should always be the ones that chose who they marry. Parents should respect that.

a “wild-goose chase” means that you are chasing something that doesn’t exist. That you are going in circles wasting your time.

a “piece of work” means that something or someone is difficult to work with possibly someone you can’t trust, because they are fake.

“the be-all, end-all” to me would be the absolute best of something. There would be nothing greater. Not even in my wildest dreams.

“all that glitters is not gold” means that things are not always what they seem. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
    “the world is my oyster” makes me think that everything is going my way. And that things just couldn’t be better.
    “the green-eyed monster” I think that this quote is about jealousy. It is being green with envy. I believe that most people have a green-eyed monster in them.

11. I think that the quote means, that true love never did really happen, and if it did it was normally a lot of fighting for the child to get their way. Rarely ever did the child win on whom they would marry, but if they did they would have had some nice parents. I don’t think parents should have the complete control of our lives and whom we are going to marry. If they had complete control we would not learn to make our own decisions, and when we entered the world we wouldn’t know what to do. We learn life lessons everyday by making our own decisions, and if we never were able to make decisions we wouldn’t be able to make them when we are older. I think differences between parents and children should be solved by sitting down and making an agreement, not have the parents make the decision for you right away, even if you agree with the decision.

A “wild-goose chase” I think that means nothing is ready, they are unprepared, and nobody is organized, so everybody is just doing whatever they feel like doing.

A “piece of work” I think that means that you have done so much for someone and they cause you to do so much work for them.

“The be-all, end-all” I think that means that if you are the best then you are going to have to end being the best sometime.

“All that glitters is not gold” I think that means that even though someone or something may look the best, they are not.

“The world is my oyster” I think that means that the world holds their treasures.

“The green-eyed monster” I think that means something that is pitiful or scary.

I thought that both of the virtual tools were fun, and it also helped me understand the theatre more. I think that the best place to sit was on the second floor, because you saw the whole thing, you weren’t blocked, and you weren’t looking straight down. I thought that the third floor was to high up and you were looking straight down at the actors, instead of looking out. The first was too crowded and so many people would block your way.

12. The quote means that there is no such thing as perfect love. No matter what ther will be bumps and dips in the road. Some examples are maybe you stop getting interested in that person, can’t agree on something, or someone else is interfering with their love. If it is true love they will stay together.

I think that parents should have some control of their clids lives. It depends what they are controlling. If it has to do with love parents should try to persuade the child. If the people have true love for eachother then no matter what the parents say they will do anything to be with eachother. Parents should have control of social activities and other things but not with love. To stop this problem the child would have to get along with the parent and have trust in eachother.

To me “a whild goose chase” means a chase that is just in every direction involving many people. A piece of work is basically a masterpiece, something that someone put a lot a time and effort into. The be-all, end-all doesn’t make sense to me but if I took a guess it would mean that everything ends. All that glitters in not gold means that if something looks valuable may not be worth that much at all. The world is my oyster means that can be as simple as you want it to be. The green eyed monster probably just means a green eyed monster.

The best place to watch a skit would be on the second floor facing the center of the stage. That is the best spot because you are higher than the stage so you have the whole view of the stage.

13. I think that the quote “The course of true love never did run smooth,” means that love will always have its flaws. It will almost never run smoothly, but you just have to live with it.

I think that parents should always be able to tell their kids what is right or wrong, and guide them through life. But, I don’t think that they should be able to control their lives. I think that every child needs to learn how it is to do something on their own every once in awhile.

a “wild-goose chase”- This phrase means when you are make the wrong choice, and end up going in the wrong direction.

a “piece of work”- This is a person who is hard to deal with and cooperate with.

“the be-all, end-all”- I think that this phrase means to be everything and more.

“all that glitters is not gold”- This means that something that might look like it’s perfect and great, doesn’t mean that it is.

“the world is my oyster”- I think that this means that you can do anything with your life that you want to.

“the green-eyed monster”- This refers to a person who is not very nice, and probably gives off a bad vibe.

I would probably want to view the play from the second floor because you could see the play very well, and it’s a lot better then what the groundlings would see.

14. The quote “The Course Of True love Never Did Run Smooth” means that even things are not always easy in a relationship. The people might really love each other but most of the time it doesn’t work out at first. To me perfect love doesn’t exist.

I don’t think parents should have the complete control of our lives and whom we are going to marry. If they had complete control we would not learn to make our own decisions. Also if they always chose what we wore or how we acted then when we don’t have our parents around we wouldn’t know how to act or dress.

I think a “wild-goose chase” means that there is a lot of commotion going on.
    I think a “piece of work” means that the person still needs perfection on a certain task.
    I think that “the be-all, end-all” means that things are going to start out great and turn into something different later.
    I think that “all that glitters is not gold” means that even if the girl/boy is beautiful doesn’t mean she/he is going to have a good attitude.
    “The world is my oyster,” means that you have the world on a string.
    I think that “the green-eyed monster” means to be rude or selfish.

I thought it was a good idea to just make up a word for something if you don’t already have one.

I would sit in the middle section because that is really over the play and you can see everything that is going on, on the stage.

15. This quote means that following your heart and being with your true live can be challenging. Someone will always get in the way of someone else’s relationship. Either because he or she is jealous or they are mean-spirited and stop them for their enjoyment. True love should be magical, not ruined by fighting or arguing.

I think that parents and children should reach a compromise when there is a disagreement. I am really in the middle. I don’t think the kids can do whatever they wanted and their parents didn’t care. That would be bad parenting. But I don’t think parents should control their children’s lives. That wouldn’t be fair at all. They should not judge things based on appearence or what they act like. In A Midsummer’s Night Dream, Hermia should be able to marry the man she loves, which is Lysander. She shouldn’t be forced to marry Demetrius, go into a convent, or die. She should have a choice.

A “wild-goose chase” is where one thing is trying to find the other. Everything is on the edge.

A “piece of work” is where someone is having a problem with another. The one person cannot agree until they get their way.

“The be-all, end-all” is where at the end of they day, someone needs to bring the best out of someone.

“All the glitters is not gold” means that even though it may seem valuable, it turns out to be something that is not amazing.

“The world is my oyster” means where someone has everything going right for them. It is their perfect day.

The “green-eyed monster” is a personality side of someone. When they turn into a “green-eyed monster”, they are horrible and mean.

I think standing outside near the actors is the best place to be for a play. You can see the play up close, and the plays are played in good weather. I just wish you could put some lawn chairs!

16. I think this quote means that the two characters in Shakespeare’s Midsummer-nights Dream are forbidden to love each other, like forbidden love.
    That’s like trying to drive a boat on land, which is not going to work or fit together.

Well, I think that parents shouldn’t really take over their child’s lives because children also want to try and explore, so why not give them a chance? The parents that do control their child’s lives probably are being too careful. You have to give them a chance.
    The different thoughts between parents and children could be resolved by just making a fair decision which both the parents and the children are happy with.

I think that a “wild-goose chase” means to make or to be in a huge chaos.

I think a “piece of work” means that there is a person who is like carrying one hundred pounds on your back. The person is hard to handle and so would be the one hundred pounds.

“The be-all, end-all”, I think, means if you go through hard times with somebody but still stay together.

I think the “all that glitters is not gold” basically the same thing as “don’t judge a book by its cover”. It means that not everybody is picture perfect from the outside, but inside they might be.

I think, “the world is my oyster,” means to go and explore while your still young.

Last but not least, I think that “the green-eyed monster” means to be greedy or jealous of something in a grumpy way.

17. I think that thi quote is very true and meaningful, and shows that even if you love someone, it will never be smooth and there will always be something along the way, but bad thing happen for a reason.

I think that parents shoul be able to with maller kids because they are to young to be making there own desicions, but once you hit that stage in life where you parents are’nt the ones you listen to anymore, that when you should be able to make your own desicions.

I think that a “wild goose chase” is where you destroy everything to catch someone, or something

I think a “peice of work” is something used to describe someone, like how they act and talk, or how they look.

I think a “be-all, end-all” is what happens when you decide to risk everything you have and its the last shot you will ever get.

I think that “all that glittersis not gold” means that what someone looks like on the outside, might be not anything like they are on th inside.

I think that “the world is my oyster” means that I can do anything I want in the world and do what ever I want to do.

I think “the green-eyed monster” is the bad side of someone, or a secret that no one know except for you.

I think the best place to sit for a play would be in the back, because I’ve always wanted to see how the actors get dressed and change sceenes so fast.

18. I strongly believe in the quote, “The course of true love never did run smoothly.” It means that usually when you truly love someone, it takes a battle to be able to be with them. There is usually an issue that comes along with it. Like, in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Lysander and Hermia are in love with each other. Although, Hermia’s father does not like Lysander at all. This makes it extremely difficult for Hermia and Lysander to be together. Most people who really care about each other go through their ups and their downs in their relationship. After these problems it might make them stronger as people. The quote is saying that it never has been a simple path to find true love and to keep true love, and it never will. There will always be a battle, no matter what kind.

The one thing that I don’t think parents understand about kids is that, they are their own person. They have their own thoughts; their own choices to make. That, is probably where the majority of problems between parents and their children start, disagreements. In A Midsummer Night’s Dream I do not think that Hermia has a fair situation going on in her life. It’s not like she can control what her heart tells her. She is her own person and has her own feelings. Her feelings were that she loved Lysander. What was she supposed to do about that? I personally think that she was better off being happy, even if her father didn’t agree with it. I think Lysander probably would’ve grown on Theseus after a while. No, I do not think that parents have the right to control their kid’s lives. It’s just that, it’s their life, not their parent’s. The parents have their own lives to control. They can make their decisions, the kids can make theirs. This can probably be resolved in one way: looking at each other’s points of view. I’m not sure what else there is to do. Once you take a step out of your own life and your own reality, and look through somebody else’s eyes, it could change your point of view. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

a “wild-goose chase”
    A “wild-good chase” is an explanation for when you go around searching for something for a long time, or when your searching for someone. You might say, “I went on a wild-goose chase running all over campus trying to find you!”

a “piece of work”
    A “piece of work” usually means trouble. It means that a certain thing or person is hard to get control over and is well, trouble. It can take a lot to train the thing to do something.

“the be-all, end-all”
    “The be-all, end-all” is a way to describe the absolute best. It’s saying that something is better than all of the things it can be compared to.

“all that glitters is not gold”
    “All that glitters is not gold” basically means that not everything is what it seems. When you see something and you have your first opinions on it, than you need to take a closer look and see the true meaning of that something.

“the world is my oyster”
    “The world is my oyster” is a phrase that means that a lot of options are available. It’s like saying that there are a lot of things I can do. You might say, “I have so much free time now, the world is my oyster!” The person is saying that the whole world has opened up for them and they can do whatever they want.

“the green-eyed monster”
    “The green-eyed monster” is describing jealousy. The color green sometimes represents envy or jealousy. The person who this phrase is describing is jealous of someone or something else.

I think the whole set up of the Globe Theater is really cool. Personally I think that all of the places would be good places to watch a play from. It really depends on what kind of experience you want I guess. The Yard is really close so you could probably see better, but I don’t think there was direct seating or anything. The Middle Gallery would most likely be more comfortable, because there is actual seating in it, and also it’s closer to the stage than the Upper Gallery. Although, again the Upper Gallery has seating, but also it gives you a really nice over head view of the stage. I think that kind of view would be really awesome as well.

1. Mrs. Cobb! This is my blog! Nadine was at my house yesterday and she was doing her blog from my computer and I had forgotten it was logged into her account! I am so sorry!

19. The quote means that true love isn’t easy. Love has ups and downs, sometimes you get the up and sometimes you get the down. Love doesn’t just come naturally in a relationship, you have to work to get things right and if you give up, you might loose the love of your life. That is why you see people divorce each other and or break up with each other, because they don’t want to try to make things right and they don’t work at it.

I do sort of think that parents should somehow have control of their children, because if they don’t then you never will have control over your child and your child will just be a wild maniac. But, I do think that the children should have a say, because it’s their life, the parents already have their own lives so control your own, but still keep control of your child. I think that it should be half and half, the child gets half control of them selves so that they have a say in their lives and the other half be the parents responsibility to make sure the child is normal. Instead of being it 75 to 25, the parents controlling 75% of their child’s property and body and the children only getting a say now and then and some of the says are declined. I like half and half.

I think that a “wild-goose chase” means that a man or men are chasing after one woman, because the meaning chase is someone chasing after another, and wild-goose I think is of men, because they are always wild.

I think that a “piece of work” means that someone is hard to control or someone is always talking and you just want them to be quiet and they keep going and you keep telling them and they keep talking and on and on.

I think that “the be-all, end-all” means that if your all that your normally going to go down first, because you think your all that and I know how to do this and I know how to do that. So they are so full of themselves that they fail.

I think that “all that glitters is not gold” means that it means that just because it shines and glitters it’s not always a benefit in life it’s not always money.

“the world is my oyster”- means that you have everything in you the world that you could pick and choose from, if you wanted to be an artist go ahead and strive to be an artists. You have the world at your fingertips.

“the green-eyed monster”- means that someone is bad, and that they don’t do good things.

I think that I would want to sit in the Middle Gallery, because there is a better view from where you are sitting. The view is better than the Upper Gallery and the yard.

20. Parents should give advice to their children but the children should ultimately make descisions for themselves.

True love never did run smooth means that there are always bumps in the road during the course of love.

A wild goose chase is the pursuit of something unatainable or impossible to get.

A piece of work is human as a supreme being when it was used by Shaekspeare.

The be all end all is the most important part of something that makes it what it is.

All that glitters is not gold means that even if something looks cool or prominent it may not be valubale.

The world is my oyster means that the world is the limit or shell.

The green eyed monster shows envy.

If I were to view a play at the theatre I would watch from the second floor hallway so I would get a view of the whole stage.

1. @raj15, Sorry I didn’t write much, Mrs.Cobb. This was my fourth time writing my response because every time I was about to finish I clicked a link and it took me there and when I went back I lost everything.

21. I think the above means so much. When I first saw this I thought of when my mom used to tell me,” They’re pulling on her hair because they like her.” I think when you find someone you, which is what this quote is basically saying, that things are always going to be hard but you just have to live with it. There are always going to be difficulties and bad situations, but what really makes you in love is how you are to each other when the bad times are going on.

I think the parents should and shouldn’t control there kids lives. It’s kind of like when you’re playing a sport or learning how to play a musical interment. When you start, there is always a base to everything, a root to what is going on and is able to make you go to the next level of difficulty. I think when kids are younger; you diffidently need to be in control of your kids. The parents need to teach their kid(s) good manners, to be respectful, and many more important things in life. If this does not happen then the child could pick up bad habits or just simply not know any better because the parents never bothered to teach them. When you’re a teenager or a little younger, I believe things should be different. I believe the child should always be the child, and that the adult should always be the adult. But, there comes a time when you have to give your child some freedom so that they can learn how to take care of themselves because the parent won’t be there for them forever, hopefully. But, if the child takes advantage of this privilege, then there needs to be bigger consequences since the parent is treating the child with more respect.

“wild-goose chase” – This is when everything is out of control, but you still have something that you are determined to accomplish. The detour could cause difficulties getting to the prize.

“piece of work” – This is when someone has a big ego or thinks they are better than anyone else. The person or thing could be very well put together or a very interesting thing on a whole.

“the be-all end-all” – I think this quote means that one person thinks that they should be able to start and end anything, kind of like a control freak. I’m really not sure though.

“all that glitters is not gold” – This means that not everything shiny is worth it. That a dull, old thing could mean so much more to you than a shiny diamond that glitters.

“the world is my oyster” – I think this quote means that the person believes the world is in their hand like a blank canvas ready to be painted on. It is kind of saying here I am; ready to make my mark on the big, huge world.

“The green-eyed monster” – This means that someone is envious or jealous of another person.

I think to be on the third level in the middle would be the best because you could see a birds eye view of the whole stage and every person in the stadium. I would like this because it would be calm, unlike the first level. The only problem I am able to see is hearing the actors, but I would still stick with these seats.

22. The quote at the top is very powerful. It means that you could meet your perfect match but there will obstacles keeping you from your true love. There might be a “Romeo and Juliet” style problem, where there is a family member or friend that wants to keep the lovers apart. There might be a barrier like in the old days when you had to marry someone of the same social status as you.

I believe that parents should give advice when asked for and tell stories from themselves with reasons why they should or shouldn’t make a decision, but not force it upon them. Like, if a parent really loved a sport growing up, they should make a child try the sport, but not force them to continue it. Or play an instrument but not force them to stick with it if their heart isn’t in it.

If you’re sent on a wild goose chase, it means you were sent on a fake search for something.

A piece of work is someone that causes you trouble when trying to work with them.

The be-all end-all is the thing that is the most inportant thing. The deciding item for an important event.
    All that glitters is not gold means that someone or something might seem like they’re perfect, but they turn out to be a letdown foe what was expected.

The world is my oyster means that the person is ready to put they’re mark on the world and do whatever they want with their lifetime.

If someone is really jealous, they’re called a green eyed monster.

If I could sit anywhere, I would want to sit second level because it would be calm, a great view, and easy to see.