A is For Apple

The seventh grade recently went to the Apple store to present their Fever 1793 projects to parents and Apple store customers in conjunction with the Apple Youth Program. This was a great chance for the students to show off their projects and their technology accomplishments to a greater audience using the store’s computers. A sampling of the Web 2.0 tools that the students used in the creation of their projects are: iMovie, iWeb, Skype, Glogster, iTunes and Voicethread. The highlight for some students was presenting their projects on the big screen stage area at the back of the store.

Apple Field Trip Presentations from Amy Cobb on Vimeo.

1. James and I performed in the back of the Apple Store at the theater. It was unbelievable!!! Throughout our teachings of Skype on the big screen, about 35-40 new people came to visit and watch us. It was really cool also because at some times I saw almost everybody in the store turn to look at it either when we were doing the live Skype with Mr. Cruise or the sample Skype James & I did with Dr. Martin Cooper.

2. The apple store was a chance to show our parents and the people around us what kind of technology used in our classrooms. I think a lot of people were impressed. Victoria and I did a glogster on cooking in the 1700’s. It was fun turning our cookbook into a interactive website. Since neither my parents nor Victoria’s came we didn’t get to perform it to many people. The people that we did perform to said they really liked it. This was a great experience to share technology to many people.