Me the Outsider

I have had many experiences where I felt like an outsider. Two years ago I moved from Texas to Florida. Although I had the experience in the past of moving to a new school, I knew some kids at the new school because of sports and other neighborhood activities. When I moved to Florida I knew no one. I felt like an outsider because I had always had friends that I knew some way or another. At my new school everyone was already in their social groups and had no room for newcomers. This made me feel left out and sad. Something that made it worse was that after a few weeks I started to act less mature than many of my peers. So on top of being new I had a bad reputation. That was in fifth grade, and in sixth grade I made similar errors such as acting immature and silly. And now I am in seventh grade. I will admit, here and now, that I have acted immature this year and regret doing so for it ended some friendships that I have had with people. Also it gave others a reason to tease me and think less of me. Even today I acted immature. I curse myself every time I do it. From this day forward I will work my hardest to not act immature or silly and try to repair the bonds of friendship between people that I have pushed away because of my pure stupidity.

1. I think that what you said is really deep and true too. There are a lot of people who can relate to how you feel. I think that being less immature is a great resolution.

2. I know what you mean by that part about friendships…It’s really deep and I think that it is good that your trying to be more mature.

3. Hello, there! I’m an English teacher in rural Pennsylvania working on an online class to learn a little more about building online environments in my classes. I just wanted to let you know that we do a novel that sounds really similar to your post. The novel I teach to my seventh grade students is called _Tangerine_. It is about a boy who is in seventh grade (I realize you moved when you were younger, however) from Texas to Florida who also feels like an outsider at first. I highly recommend it–maybe you will find some more personal similarities within other literature!

Here’s a link to my blog that I created for this class that I am taking:
    http://tinyurl.com/djwgtb

Happy reading!